Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-07-2011, 09:29 AM
autumnlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
We move on or stick to things in death the same as we do in life.
This is not my understanding, the earthly things we stick to are the things that retard our spiritual progression.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Master

I believe you can eat in the afterlife. I have had dreams of eating. One of the things I remember eating is cake.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Administrator
Hello

I be told by a good British friend of mine in sprit that he still has "tea time " and is very blessed for that. Now is it like the physial tea I not be sure but from what he tells me its the best he has ever had.

Lynn
Old 09-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Seperate_Reality

We are each nativley "non-physical", immortal, spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate (like a car) "feed" or more exact "fuel" and view in a mirror and don't have the desire to eat, because we don't get hungry. You could not eat if you tried, because you are not physical and actually outside of the material world, Time and Space. The mortal, physical, human body dies, but not you and me as spiritual beings, who are immortal, so live on forevermore through eternity. We each go through a succession of different lifetimes and a different new baby body per each lifetime. The problem being, we each, as a rule, forget from one lifetime to the next. Two different and completely seperate realities. Our own native non-physical, immortal reality and the physical world reality which includes mortal, physical, human or animal bodies. (non-native to us)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Experiencer
True ..... during part of the process of death,
but the Heaven and Hell realms are just like this "Reality".
And when you are there it's impossible to tell the difference.
And in those realms you do indeed eat.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Toolite

in spirit material or things that can be touched is not important..but keep asking questions because thats how you learn and those that have the experience dont forget to demonstrate patience.. if you dont have then you really dont know..keep asking questions.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Felynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnlady
This is not my understanding, the earthly things we stick to are the things that retard our spiritual progression.

Ahh but to stick to that kind of mentality would only hinder you when you have a physical body. Whos to say that anyone alive or dead sticks to anything that spiritually retards them. Its that, ìm coughing so I must be sick, mentality. Just because youre dead as opposed to being alive, that doesnt mean that everything is different from what we know and understand. Just because youre not alive, that doesnt mean that you lose all of your being alive personality and that you transcend into this strange different dead being as a lot of people subconciously believe. Were all the same when we die. When were dead we just adapt to not having a body, but thats about it. Theres no real strange awesome mysticism when you get used to it.
And whos to say that eating on the astral plane makes you retarded... it doesnt make you anything except someone who eats on the astral plane. There is no giant wheel of transcendance going on here, where if you eat you dont rise above earthly beings. Its all so much simpler than a lot believe.
Old 22-07-2011, 09:38 AM
autumnlady

From 'Life in the World Unseen' by Anthony Borgia

Our host led us into the orchard where I beheld many trees in a high state of cultivation, and in full fruit. He looked at me for a moment, and then he took us to a splendid tree that looked strongly like a plum tree. The fruit was perfect in shape, with a deep rich coloring, and it hung in great clusters. Our host picked some of it, and handed it to us, telling us that it would do us both good. The fruit was quite cool to the touch, and it was remarkably heavy for its size. Its taste was exquisite, the flesh was soft without being difficult or unpleasant to handle, and a quantity of nectar-like juice poured out. My two friends watched me closely as I ate the plums, each bearing upon his face an expression of mirthful anticipation. As the juice of the fruit streamed out, I fully expected to spill an abundance of it upon my clothes. To my amazement, although the juice descended upon me I could find, upon examination, no traces of it! My friends laughed uproariously at my astonishment, and I thoroughly enjoyed the joke, but I was much mystified. They hastened to explain to me that as I am now in an incorruptible world anything that is 'unwanted' immediately returns to its own element. The fruit juice that I thought I had spilled upon myself had returned to the tree from which the fruit was picked

Our host informed me that the particular type of plum which I had just eaten was one that he always recommends to people who have but newly arrived in spirit. It helps to restore the spirit, especially if the passing has been caused by illness. He observed, however, that I did not present the appearance of having had a long illness, and he gathered that my passing had been fairly sudden -- which was quite true. I had had only a very short illness. The various fruits that were growing were not only for those who needed some form of treatment after their physical death, but all enjoyed eating thereof for its stimulating effect. He hoped that, if I had no fruit trees of my own -- or even if I had! -- I should come as often as I liked and help myself. 'The fruit is always in season,' he added, in great amusement, 'and you will never find any of the trees without plenty of fruit upon them.' In response to my question as to how they grow, he replied that like so many other questions in this land, the answer was only possible from those of the higher realms, and even if we were told that answer, there is more than a strong probability that we should not understand until such time as we, ourselves, went to dwell in those realms. We are quite content, he said in effect, to take so many things just as they are, without inquiring into how they come about, and we know that those things provide a never-failing supply because they come from a never-failing Source. There is no real need to delve into such matters, and most of us are quite content to enjoy them with heartfelt thanks. As to the actual supply of fruit, our host said that all he knew was that as he picked his fruit other fruit came and took its place. It never over-ripened because it was perfect fruit, and, like ourselves, imperishable. He invited us to walk through the orchard where I saw every kind of fruit known to man, and many that were known only in spirit. I sampled some of the latter, but it is impossible to give any indication of the delicious flavor of them because there is no earthly fruit that I know of with which comparison can be made. We can only, at any time, give such an indication to the senses by comparison with that which we have already experienced. If we have not had that experience then we are at a complete and absolute loss to convey any new sensation, and nowhere is this more appreciable than in the sense of taste.

You mention alive or dead Felynx, but surely you must know there is no 'dead'? Also I did not say that eating made one retarded I said that sticking to earthly things can retard our progression.
Old 22-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Master
Why worry about eating in the after life, enjoy eating now, let the so called after life take care of itself, enjoy eating and when you die let the maggots enjoy eating you, yum yum lol.
Old 22-07-2011, 10:38 AM
autumnlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
let the so called after life take care of itself
So many people have that attitude whilst here in the physical and sadly go into the next life totally unprepared. I say sadly because they have great difficulty in adjusting to their new state which causes them some hardships.

You surely would not set out on some new venture in this world for instance without any preparation would you?