Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Experiencer

Do you have to be laying on your back to project

I Been lying on my side and I will get the sleep paralysed feeling and I will get the vibrations and the horn sound,I even feel my body being lifted but I never actually leaved.One of the reasons why is because I'm afraid that something is waiting to attack me or I might see demons.I heard about keeping your thoughts positive and I should be good but I'm afraid it might not last long since my charkas are drained and unbalanced.I also want to meet my twin flame on the astral plane but I need help with all this
Old 04-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Master

You need to try to change your thoughts. If you are worried you are going to be attacked it is not a good idea to try to ap. If you can talk yourself into thinking that there is nothing to worry about or something nasty is not going to happen you will be fine. I would forget about ap until you are confident with your thoughts.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Master

You can lie in any position to ap. I would not worry about your chakas being drained and unbalanced. My chakas was probably very bad and nothing has happened to me except it gave me health problems. It did not affect ap. I made a big effort to get my thought right and now my health is a lot better.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Experiencer

You can do it sitting in a chair or on the sofa or even in the lotus position, sat cross legged, lying down is in many ways problematic for me in so far as I am likely to drop off to sleep in the initial deep breathing, relaxing stages .
Old 06-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Pathfinder

For the beginning it can be very helpful to lie on your back, but on an underlay that is not too soft. You can lay a blanket on the floor and try this way. It plays a role on which side you lay, to some degree - at least that is my experience. It is for most people easiest to ap on the back, or on the left side. On the right side and underside you may fall into sleep too fast. But as it seems you already can easily reach the sleep paralysis state, do you?

Well, if you're afraid - it is not good to try to ap when you're always thinking you will be attacked. But there is nothing to fear, even if some negative being would be there, you could always easily go back into the body just by thinking of it. If you have an inner conscience that nothing can hurt you, nothing will happen to you actually. It CAN be that you see demons or something, but it will most likely be a (kind of dream-like) projection of your subconscious. The subconscious plays a great role. I am still hold back sometimes by the subconscious through that kind of projections - people who try to prevent me from going out etc. Your subconscious is a part of you which is not evolved, and it is afraid of dying - and it connects the process of going out of the body with death. Your subconscious thinks you're going to die, so it projects something which prevents you from ap, e.g. creating a demon-like creature. It is then a kind of dream-like picture and if you do not know this, you think it is a demon and you feel afraid, so you will not go out. But in reality it is just a part of yourself which projects the fear outside of you. I hope you understand what I mean - it is more complex. Most people are convinced to have been attacked by a demon or succubus or whatever, but in fact it was a projection of their subconscious.
So, I repeat: nothing can happen. If you achieve to ap, a whole world lies before you to discover. There are a lot of things to learn! Just go out and take a first look.