Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Master

Death in the Family

This morning my father in law passed away. I swear all the studying and reading and writing I've done over the years has helped tremendously with the subject of death. I feel such comfort that his life has merely transitioned.

I felt comfortable talking to him after I had been informed that he passed as we got ready to make our short trip over to his house.

I told him that his body had died but he was still alive and told him to to go to the light if he he was ready and wanted to find peace, love and rest.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Master
My condolences Linen....may he rest in peace. Life and love to his survivors.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Guide
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My father recently left this realm of existence and I felt much as you do about it. He merely transitioned into another phase of existence. I have spoken to him several times since his death and he is happy and no long sick or in pain. It brings comfort to me that he is at peace in his current existence.

I hope that your family can rally together and be a comfort for each other during this time of transition. It is a transition for all of you as well, learning how to live in this realm without him.

Peace and Light and Deepest Sympathies,
SC
Old 02-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Master

Thank you Hope and SpiritCarrier for your comforting words.

I wonder....this morning at 6:30 am (30 minutes before he passed) I started a fire in the wood burning stove. I never start a fire in the morning. Not in many, many years. Can you see a significance in this act of lighting the fire in regards to my father in law?

While I was outside doing my early morning chores I also saw him in my mind struggling in his breathing rhythm two times before we got the phone call that he passed.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Thank you Hope and SpiritCarrier for your comforting words.

I wonder....this morning at 6:30 am (30 minutes before he passed) I started a fire in the wood burning stove. I never start a fire in the morning. Not in many, many years. Can you see a significance in this act of lighting the fire in regards to my father in law?

While I was outside doing my early morning chores I also saw him in my mind struggling in his breathing rhythm two times before we got the phone call that he passed.

What were his wishes for his burial? Was it cremation? It could have been a premonition of that. What I call a 'sign' premonition. It sounds to me like you were connecting with him in his last hours. Did he die at home or in a hospital? Was his death caused by lung cancer? or something to do with his lungs? If so it really verifies your connection with him this morning. If that is true more than likely he will contact you in the next few days.

I wish you well and again my deepest sympathies,
SC
Old 03-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Master

I am sorry to hear of your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53

The oldest hymns in the Rg veda are addressed to fire. The following quote summarizes the role of fire in Rg veda.
Quote:
In the Rig-Veda, AGNI is called the "first born of creation," and represents the pure and primordial energy of the universe that was created at the moment of Big Bang. At this moment two "numinous" forces, "Prakriti," the creative power of the Supreme Spirit of the universe, and "Purusha," the omniscient and all-pervasive mind of the cosmos, united to create the "phenomenal" universe. The Rig-Veda tells us that this primal energy later transforms into (1) the energy of life (Vaishvanar Agni), (2) the energy of thought (Pragya Agni), and (3) the Radiation energy (Taijas Agni).
agni in Sanskrit means fire.

Following is from Wikipedia.
Quote:
Agni (Sanskrit: अग्नि) is a Hindu deity, one of the most important of the Vedic gods. He is the god of fire[1] and the acceptor of sacrifices. The sacrifices made to Agni go to the deities because Agni is a messenger[2] from and to the other gods. He is ever-young, because the fire is re-lit every day, and also immortal.

Agni, the Vedic god of fire, has two heads, one marks immortality and the other marks an unknown symbol of life. Agni has made the transition into the Hindu pantheon of gods, without losing his importance. With Varuna and Indra he is one of the supreme gods in the Rigveda. The link between heaven and earth, the deities and the humans, he is associated with Vedic sacrifice, taking offerings to the other world in his fire.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
What were his wishes for his burial? Was it cremation? It could have been a premonition of that. What I call a 'sign' premonition. It sounds to me like you were connecting with him in his last hours. Did he die at home or in a hospital? Was his death caused by lung cancer? or something to do with his lungs? If so it really verifies your connection with him this morning. If that is true more than likely he will contact you in the next few days.

I wish you well and again my deepest sympathies,
SC

So sorry for the delay. Alot going on. He will be buried. He died in his own home. His death was caused by Alzheimer's disease and a tired old body. So far he has not contacted me.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Master

Kris, so in other words I was making a fire sacrifice for him.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Master

53, it seems to me, to the ancient or Vedic Indians, fire was an intermediary between man and the higher power that governs the creation, if not representative of that higher power on earth. Approaching fire was thus the next best thing to approach that higher power whom we cannot directly see. What you were doing then was like the ancient man and woman, approaching the higher power on behalf of your father-in-law.

I will leave you with two interesting links about the role of fire in Rg veda.

The sacred fire and agni.

Agni in the Rig Veda.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Master
Love to you and yours linen and a speedy transition for your FIL.
Free atlast, free atlast, thank god almighty, im free atlast

Loopy x

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~