Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-02-2020, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
Because the Bible says those who are not christian will go to hell

Go get a modern translation of the Bible that does not say Christians will go to Hell. Hell got introduced into some Bibles as a result of poor translations.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 10-02-2020, 03:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Please help. I have stopped sinning and have forgiven those who have wronged me but I'm still struggling if I'm a Christian or not.

it's good that you feel you have stopped. but you must understand, even if you removed from yourself immoral ways of living, we are STILL sinners, by means of the first sinner, Adam, (Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). MANY wants to believe that they are sin free, we not! because there are sins we all do, in which we're not even aware of.

we can't be fooled by satan into believing we are sin free, that would make us another JESUS, and we're NOT! (1John 1:7-10, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us). again, WE ALL are sinners!

with that being said, a "Christian" will ALL have struggles, be-it Spiritually or fleshly. we have the same fleshly struggles as a non believer, because we were born imperfect. Jehovah God and Jesus MANY faithful servants struggle with sin , see....

(Romans 7:19,20 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it). Just pray to Jehovah God through Jesus for help, He will be there. give him a chance ,(Psalm 9:9,10 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You). peace
Old 10-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Go get a modern translation of the Bible that does not say Christians will go to Hell. Hell got introduced into some Bibles as a result of poor translations.

or either she could check out this scripture ,(Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heard my voice), and start asking question and doing some serious research, I did!
Old 10-02-2020, 03:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Because the Bible says those who are not christian will go to hell

NO, man's wrong understanding of what "HELL" is , scares MANY! "HELL" ISN'T a fiery place. MANY teach or are taught to believe. we try telling many that, yet some seem to rather believe that there is a "HELLFIRE." some just don't want the truth!
Old 10-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
it's good that you feel you have stopped. but you must understand, even if you removed from yourself immoral ways of living, we are STILL sinners, by means of the first sinner, Adam, (Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). MANY wants to believe that they are sin free, we not! because there are sins we all do, in which we're not even aware of.

we can't be fooled by satan into believing we are sin free, that would make us another JESUS, and we're NOT! (1John 1:7-10, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us). again, WE ALL are sinners!

with that being said, a "Christian" will ALL have struggles, be-it Spiritually or fleshly. we have the same fleshly struggles as a non believer, because we were born imperfect. Jehovah God and Jesus MANY faithful servants struggle with sin , see....

(Romans 7:19,20 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it). Just pray to Jehovah God through Jesus for help, He will be there. give him a chance ,(Psalm 9:9,10 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You). peace

' We...... are all sinners.'

Maybe it's best to think that YOU think all are sinners and not speak for others who wouldn't agree that WE are ALL sinners....
Old 10-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Why is being a christian so important to you is the question you need to ask yourself. you can follow any religion you want to it does not have to be Christianity Namaste

NOT TRUE!, because not every religion teaches about the "ONLY TRUE GOD", as Jesus stated ,(John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). just like in the days of the Israelites who worship the true God JEHOVAH or YAHWEH ,(Exodus 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them), there were MANY false gods. it still applies in the "last days", our time, there are still MANY false gods. peace
Old 10-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
Which bible?

MANY bible versions has the translators interpretation of what "HELL" is. because of their lack of knowledge, this is what's in the bible...

(1). Matt. 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

(2). Matt. 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

just to name a few, but if we do deep research, we would understand what Jesus meant here. also food for thought!... if demons suppose to ALREADY live in a "HELLFIRE", how can they be destroyed in one? not me! peace
Old 10-02-2020, 04:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Jesus died and rose from the dead to provide forgiveness and salvation. His death paid the penalty that we deserve for our sins. Anyone who turns from his sin and puts his faith in Christ experiences forgiveness and a new relationship with God. Here is an explanation of how you can do this:
A Christian isn't a good person but a bad person whose sins have been forgiven. You can't become a Christian through what you do but only by relying on what Christ has done for you.

Jesus spoke of a person, be it good or bad, it's what's in their hearts that determines this ,(Luke 6:45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks). you have to do more than just rely on Jesus, true he died for our sins.

but he ALSO said that we are to do HIS FATHER'S WILL, if we want life ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). and we are to live a way pleasing to his Father. which is why Jesus told us to follow in his steps, denying ourselves ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). peace
Old 10-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Love has no Religion

true ,love has no religion, yet MANY who speak "LOVE" either don't know how to show it. or show it to only certain ones, so is that really LOVE?
Old 10-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
true ,love has no religion, yet MANY who speak "LOVE" either don't know how to show it. or show it to only certain ones, so is that really LOVE?

You don't speak of Love, you feel it, it goes beyond words. It's Spiritual not Worldly.....