Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Molearner

The nature of the Second Coming

1 Corinthians 15:51...….."Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but will be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye"

Can we look at this and say; The 'Second' is coming ? 'Second' meaning that certain measurement of time ? Some can or could read this as meaning that instant second in which one attains full and complete Christ realization(or what some might prefer: enlightenment) ? I do not view either one of those as some gradual process......it just instantly happens, like the rising of the sun or one's first view of something that is spectacular. I would suggest that for these chosen few or fortunate few that the Second Coming has already happened. Any thoughts ?
Old 15-01-2020, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
1 Corinthians 15:51...….."Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but will be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye"

Can we look at this and say; The 'Second' is coming ? 'Second' meaning that certain measurement of time ? Some can or could read this as meaning that instant second in which one attains full and complete Christ realization(or what some might prefer: enlightenment) ? I do not view either one of those as some gradual process......it just instantly happens, like the rising of the sun or one's first view of something that is spectacular. I would suggest that for these chosen few or fortunate few that the Second Coming has already happened. Any thoughts ?

That's interesting M, yes I see exactly where your coming from. Some Buddhists Schools differ on Enlightenment but we can also call it Christ Realization. Buddha said we all have Buddha Nature, Christians can call it Christ Realizations as you have.

If we already have it why are we not achieving it, because we haven't ' Realized '
or as Buddhism teaches we haven't 'Awakened '.

Back to your 'Second coming ', you believe all happens instantaneously, ' The light switched on ' and the realization happened, Christ realization and Buddha Nature was attained From the dark came the light and we awoke.

' we will not all sleep, but will be changed '
Old 15-01-2020, 09:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
That's interesting M, yes I see exactly where your coming from. Some Buddhists Schools differ on Enlightenment but we can also call it Christ Realization. Buddha said we all have Buddha Nature, Christians can call it Christ Realizations as you have.

If we already have it why are we not achieving it, because we haven't ' Realized '
or as Buddhism teaches we haven't 'Awakened '.

Back to your 'Second coming ', you believe all happens instantaneously, ' The light switched on ' and the realization happened, Christ realization and Buddha Nature was attained From the dark came the light and we awoke.

' we will not all sleep, but will be changed '

Sky123,

Yes, we have not achieved it because we have not awakened(or because....re other thread, we remain ‘blind’).
Old 15-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Master
I think the subsequent verses pretty well explain that something inter dimensional is taking place.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-01-2020, 04:13 AM
ImthatIm

My understanding is that the Light the was taken away with the Garden will be restored.

Also you can attain certain degrees of it on a personal level with The Holy Spirit of God.

I believe it is akin to Jesus becoming shinny on the mountain with Moses and Elijah.

I too am bringing in other traditions and prophecies other that Christian, but they speak of the same kind of event.
Old 18-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

This is not speaking about the Second Coming but of the Rapture. Here is a more detailed description of this event.
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 ESV
This will be followed by a 7 year period known as the Tribulation. After this Jesus will return along with those taken out in the rapture, and establish a kingdom on earth which will last for 1,000 years.
Old 19-01-2020, 02:53 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
This is not speaking about the Second Coming but of the Rapture. Here is a more detailed description of this event.
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
This will be followed by a 7 year period known as the Tribulation. After this Jesus will return along with those taken out in the rapture, and establish a kingdom on earth which will last for 1,000 years.
So that is where all of this rapture stuff comes from. I think I would read that passage very differently than how it is portrayed in pop literature and end times theology. I suppose it depends on how one understand the meaning of those who have "fallen asleep" or are "dead in Christ". To me it reads as a message of universal salvation.
Old 26-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Knower

Quote:

Seeing what evidently has passed, blood moons, harbinger of war for Israel has passed. End of Church Dispensation - finished, End of Grace Period - finished.

We're pretty much on the verge of the Psalm 83/Isaiah 17 war, which will be concluded in one night. Damascus will be completely destroyed.

Rapture will occur around this war, (likely this year 2020) before the Israeli Peace Plan.

After this war, Israel enters a time of peace and prosperity. Certain possibility Benny Gantz will be elected as Israel's leader to enact peace between Israel and Palestine.

Ezekiel 38 & 39 War will break out and last for 3 years. Russia, Ethiopia, Libya, Turkey and Iran will attack Israel. The remains of the attack will last for 7 years and it will take 7 months to bury the bodies.

God destroys 83% of the army on the mountains of Israel with fire, brimstone, plagues, confusion, fear and a great earthquake.

Then the first period of the Tribulation will begin for 3 & 1/2 years with 7 seals and 7 trumpet judgements.
Once the first half of the Tribulation has ended, will then begin the Great Tribulation lasting again 3 & 1/2 years with 7 bowl judgements, Armageddon is the 7th bowl.

Don't you just love prophecy!
Old 26-01-2020, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:

NICE DISCUSSION

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-01-2020, 01:21 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
NICE DISCUSSION
Maybe? I suppose it depends on whether one believes they will be drawn up into the flaming chariot or left behind to face the tribulation. I suppose I would be in the latter group.