Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 AM
martingoesspiritual

Ken Wilber academically accepted?

Hi guys,

I have recently read a couple of books from Ken Wilber. The most recent ones were "integral spirituality" and "integral psychology". Since one of his main themes is development psychology I am wondering about the academic value of his claims. Especially the research he is quoting on higher developmental stages. Can I trust him there or do I have to take anything he says with a grain of salt?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Henri77

He was regarded as a wunderkind in his 20's.
A philosophical "prodigy-genius" of sorts. Self taught I believe.
Not that many spiritual writers have academic credentials, though I really don't know more about him.

I'd read that his first major volume was published while he was working as a resturaunt dishwasher.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Henri77

I was somewhat misinformed , as he does have Masters in biochemistry, though that has little bearing on philosophy or spiritual understanding.

I'd read that initial info decades ago, shortly after his first book
Old 09-05-2012, 07:31 PM
NekoTheCat

i'd take every thing i read with a grain of salt, but tihs doesnt mean its not true, or that it cant be true

if it resonates with you more than other books, do the author's credentials still matter?

for instance, many like to buy all the works of Doreen Virtue and they say she's high and mighty...but i dont feel the same, and i find her tarot decks kinda corny looking. will this take away rom her popularity? will this take away her credentials -if she has any*? the answer is no, because there will be people resonating with her work. the same goes for you and ken wilber :)