Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Reapy

what, in your opinion, is the best way to find out about past lives?

This is my first time posting in this part of the forum, so be gentle with me! lol

I believe I Know a few details about one of my past lives, but I would like confirmation and more information.

I've always suspected I was around during the war (I don't know if it's 1st or 2nd) because of my ability to feed a family nutritious meals on very little. I could 5 people on the dregs in your cupboard easily as long as I have at least gravy and spices.

There's also my reaction to an air raid siren. Im only 27, never in my life have I had cause to fear that noise. I've heard the sound 3 times and every time I've felt a strong need to get to safety. I heard it once whilst I was living in London, my now ex sampled it to use in a song (he's a musician). I actually got halfway out the door, heading for the tube station before I caugh myself.

remembrance day is a huge day for me, I get very upset thinking of the men that lost their lives in the world wars. When I think about them, I feel a great sense of loss. it's like Im mourning a family member.

I need to know what you guys think the best way for me to find out is? I've looked into regression, but it's very expensive. of course if Thats the best way for me to find out if this is.imagination or not, I'll save up for it.

thanks for reading :-).
Old 20-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Master

I have uncovered over a dozen lives so far. Not through regression or by spending a coin otherwise, but through soul mates telling their visions and readings on this forum and my spirit guide then confirming or saying it didn't happen in each case. While the guide isn't allowed to tell me about past lives out of the blue, he is allowed to reply directly to my questions.
Old 20-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Master
Pay attention to your dreams as well. Past life dreams have a different feel to them - the few I remember(I don't remember many dreams) have a vignette-like effect. Others have said theirs have a golden haze. My son's are just ultra, ultra vivid and realistic. I wasn't sure if mine was a past life or a regular dream - I had to ask my guide - he confirmed that it was indeed a past life of mine. You can do your own past life retrieval meditations.
Old 20-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Experiencer
Astral projection is supposed to help you understand yourself better by finding out about your past lives and by putting you in contact with your guide(s). That is one of the reasons why I wanna get into it, but correct me if I'm wrong!
I believe it is a good way to find the right answers because you can do it by yourself and at your own pace. You don't need to pay anyone, as long as you're patient and are okay with waiting until you can master the art of projecting!
Old 20-02-2012, 04:38 PM
MMM

regression to the caliber of dolores canon, dr. michael newton or dr brain weiss is not an expense so much as an investment in self discovery and using the info learned in advancing your soul
are you merely mildly curious or do you consider this info as a tool for personal growth?
there are hypnotherapists trained by these people and i'm sure others still who are less expensive
a trained regressionist and/or therapist is best i think because you have a trained individual's oversight and knowledge
after a session with them, you can do others by yourself easier
Old 21-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Knower
The best way to find out about past lives is through personal experience. If you are wanting more information or clarification on current experiences, then in my opinion you are best to consult someone who is experienced in reading the akashic records.

I myself am not a fan of hypnotherapists/regressionists and would never go down this route (not for accessing past life information) .... I think the so called memories that come through in this manner can sometimes be misleading.

Last edited by *whitefeather : 21-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 22-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Reapy

Thank you for all your suggestions.

I'm more curious as I feel I've delt with some of the issues in the most recent past life, just by fluke and following what my heart says.

I'll try to train myself to remember dreams better (I've been lurking and picking up tips on the Dreams sub forum. lol) and reach out to my guide for confirmation of what I do think I find.

Whitefeather, I would love to be able to have a peek at the Akashic records, just to be nosey, I think! LOL
Old 22-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Master

The akashic records was the most productive reading I had and helped 'clear' some issues that had been holding me back.

Very emotional too, so not sure I could do it alone. I had a good reader who was sympathetic and asked what I wanted to do with each situation.
Old 22-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Sangress

I dont really have a "best" way since different things work for different people.

The soul remembers what your brain doesn't, so gaining memories is all about connecting with that deeper part of yourself.

Following your instincts and simply letting things happen naturally is a good way to go, but thats an attitude rather than a specific way to remember past lives.

So many people put so much pressure on themselves to find out certain things when often memories come when you litterally need them in this lifetime, so some things probably will remain hidden behind that amnesia until the time is right.

An exercise I do to ascertain if anything is relating to this life or previous ones is recodnising what evokes deep feelings within me in this life, and then analysing it to see if there is an explanation for those feelings. If there is a current logical explanation for why I love a certain scent for example, then I'll have learned more about myself, but if there is no explanation then meditating on the scent to see what images/feelings/sensation it evokes tends to trigger past life memories in my case.

Hopefully that helps.
Old 23-02-2012, 10:10 PM
LiberianGirlPYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
The akashic records was the most productive reading I had and helped 'clear' some issues that had been holding me back.

Very emotional too, so not sure I could do it alone. I had a good reader who was sympathetic and asked what I wanted to do with each situation.

Akashic records? Is that a book? Or a theory? It sounds familiar though.