Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-11-2010, 06:27 PM
captain kirk

When is it right to fight on or to just let go and give in?

I'm talking about a personal set of life circumstances that are emotionally tasking me. Its complicated so I'll skip the details. Sometimes I feel, like I should continue to stand my ground and fight for what I believe. Sometimes in dealing with the same situation, I get tired of fighting and realize that I need to give it up. But to give in is not my will and feels a bit humiliating. I don't know which approach is the more empowering. I guess I'm looking for some general wisdom on this matter.
Old 21-11-2010, 06:42 PM
tragblack

It is very delicate, but we must figure out which of these voices is the ego and which is the essence.
Old 21-11-2010, 06:49 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Sometimes in dealing with the same situation, I get tired of fighting and realize that I need to give it up.

Then give it up.

Life is too short to feel drained from fighting a war which by the way your mind interprets as life threatening if you lose, which of course is out of context but explains why people keep on fighting, manipulating and acting irrationally when it comes to what they feel as "losing".

It takes more strength and wisdom to walk away and direct your energies towards whats really important in your life. Yes you have beliefs and standing up for them is admirable but trying to convince others you have the correct belief just creates a draining war, we all have been there and probably will again. Just takes some conscious awareness, some deep breaths and the knowledge that you will get over the "humiliation" and get on with creating your amazing life, which is being halted by this inner conflict.

Learn from it and move on, makes for a wiser, stronger and more resourceful person on the long run.
Old 21-11-2010, 08:52 PM
blackfellawhitefella

why are we in a 'position' where we have to make a choice?

fight or give up !

i've just come out the other end of a this tunnel , not so long ago ... and i find myself left with this

i love as i 'fight'

and

by fighting unconsciousness we become unconsciousness.

and at this moment i 'feel' , that as i re experience 'that' issue on my next spiraling upward pass .... the new more tightly focussed me shall confirm or deny (by observation) 'correct integration' of my refined vibrational opportunity,

and / or, some other damp fish slapping me in the face with its oversized tail, if thats what i need.

its all good.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Master
I would suggest go by your feelings, but if it's too devestating for you to stop..
Old 21-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain kirk
I'm talking about a personal set of life circumstances that are emotionally tasking me. Its complicated so I'll skip the details. Sometimes I feel, like I should continue to stand my ground and fight for what I believe. Sometimes in dealing with the same situation, I get tired of fighting and realize that I need to give it up. But to give in is not my will and feels a bit humiliating. I don't know which approach is the more empowering. I guess I'm looking for some general wisdom on this matter.

Sometimes you fight your cause way after the world has moved on
in their acceptance that it cannot be won.

For it is not about winning...but about standing your ground for long enough to ingrain a footprint on your memory.

But if it is the fear of humiliation keeping you where you are, then that is something of the ego which is well worth confronting by going through it - the fear is sometimes worse than the experience itself.
Old 21-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain kirk

Empowerment is what you believe it to be, what is best for your Soul. If empowerment means you fight, that's what you do. Let go of winners and losers because if you hold onto that you lose every time. See things for what they are - some things you are not empowered to change so walk away from it. It's not about giving up, it's about having the Enlightenment to see that you're not making a difference. Is it really worth wasting the energy on?

Sometimes you learn more from something when you step back from it. As Heather says - "But if it is the fear of humiliation keeping you where you are, then that is something of the ego which is well worth confronting by going through it - the fear is sometimes worse than the experience itself." Getting past the fear you might see that t wasn't worth it anyway.

Last edited by Greenslade : 22-11-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Master
You will let go when you are ready.