Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Master
In order to be Christ consciousness....

does one need Christ? If one does need Christ to reach Christ consciousness one ought to follow His teachings perhaps? I've tried to elevate my consciousness to Christ consciousness and I have hurt myself in the process. But the truth is I was not bringing Christ into the equation. I was trying solo.

Today I found I needed to turn to Christ for His help. Not as a Christian but as a spiritual traveller. He found me within seconds. I was feeling very lost.

To be Christ and Christ consciousness we might find that we need Him and need to follow His teachings. His teachings were not just about our own self, but about God and others too. I'm happy to love God and to love others as well as my self. But I find I need Christs help.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
does one need Christ? If one does need Christ to reach Christ consciousness one ought to follow His teachings perhaps? I've tried to elevate my consciousness to Christ consciousness and I have hurt myself in the process. But the truth is I was not bringing Christ into the equation. I was trying solo.

Today I found I needed to turn to Christ for His help. Not as a Christian but as a spiritual traveller. He found me within seconds. I was feeling very lost.

To be Christ and Christ consciousness we might find that we need Him and need to follow His teachings. His teachings were not just about our own self, but about God and others too. I'm happy to love God and to love others as well as my self. But I find I need Christs help.
I don't think the kind of love that really helps us comes from us in the first place. I think we initiate the love by whatever practice we do, but all the love that helps us and changes us comes from God. Or Christ, or whatever. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be how faith works. Faith is just to set things in motion to allow God to work. It could be something as simple as having the faith to pray a prayer. After that it's up to God.

You always have great thoughts Honza!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Master
Christ was not a man, Jesus was a man, the Christ was what Jesus realized, it was his higher Consciousness, or Christ Consciousness, just as we all are the Christ Consciousness, or Buddha, or Krishna Consciousness, its all the same Consciousness.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Guide

Christ consciousness is a certain level of consciousness that everyone who has a body on earth can possibly reach. Christ consciousness is only one of few names that were given here and there for that consciousness state. Christ is one of many names for a title you can give a person that you feel is somehow differently in consciousness. No one needs Jeshua/Jesus per se for reaching Christ consciousness, though when someone gives an example it makes it easier for others to live up to it. For reaching Christ consciousness maybe it helps to know there are few other steps/levels to take before this becomes a conscious option.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Sybilline

You needed a Master, and a Master was provided, to some it's Christ to some it's someone else. :))
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Master
Christ consciousness is not confined to Christians or Jesus, the man. It's full awareness in pure love itself.

Xan

Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Christ consciousness is not confined to Christians or Jesus, the man. It's full awareness in pure love itself.

Xan

This was my question. According to Christians Christ is higher than enlightenment. Enlightenment is the realisation of 'self' but Christian salvation is apparently greater.

Self realisation is a pure spiritual sate, but it is based upon I AM - it is based upon self love. Christian salvation is based upon Gods grace. The two are very different. If one is aiming for enlightenment then one withdraws from the world to meditate. Whereas Christian salvation is all about involving oneself in the world and serving humanity. Christian salvation is based upon a Trinity of love. I, God and You. Not just upon I AM. There is a huge difference between a Christian and a Hindu or a Buddhist.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Sybilline

Once you "lose yourself" you will realize that loving yourself (the LOVE kind of love that we speak of) is all you need in order to love all... and even that which is not included in "all"...
Old 11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Master

Quote:
This was my question. According to Christians Christ is higher than enlightenment. Enlightenment is the realisation of 'self' but Christian salvation is apparently greater.

Self realisation is a pure spiritual sate, but it is based upon I AM - it is based upon self love. Christian salvation is based upon Gods grace. The two are very different. If one is aiming for enlightenment then one withdraws from the world to meditate. Whereas Christian salvation is all about involving oneself in the world and serving humanity. Christian salvation is based upon a Trinity of love. I, God and You. Not just upon I AM. There is a huge difference between a Christian and a Hindu or a Buddhist.
I don't seek enlightenment but salvation, but not Christian salvation because it's based on fear of rejection. I'm not worried about rejection, I'm worried about the effects of sin in this life. The afterlife doesn't matter as much as the lives those who come after me.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Rin

Quote:

Enlightenment is about the realisation of God. There is not a single letter from 'self' in God nor is there anything one would call self in it.

It is true that Christian salvation can be a way to that state and I think it is a smooth road until one hits the final obstacles which is always self or maybe soul. Eternal life in heaven, and doing good deeds and doing the right thing to be worthy of it, is the ultimate hook which keeps people tied to the last obstacles of realisation.