Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
we all have patterns andrew. Thats what makes us who we are. lol...dinner is getting close now and a buggar of a big day tomorrow...i don't look forward to fridays any more.

So cheers to all and thanks for inspiring and fun chat. Till later...bless.

Yes I agree. Blessings to you too NS
Old 24-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Master
I just sat and contemplated very quietly for a minute (thats quite a long time for me hehe) and I think that a key thing Ive been advocating here is cultivating and developing flexibility in our approach to life and the way we handle it. There is a time for a self-empowered perspective, there is a time to be optimistic, there is a time to consciously think abundant thoughts, there is a time to be grateful and appreciative, there is a time to pay attention to our heart's desires, there is a time to become very present....and then there is also a time to be very soft on ourselves, to be very allowing, to be forgiving, compassionate and understanding and to acknowledge our human-ness.

And I think the way we can experience least limitation in our lives is through continuing to develop this flexibility of approach. As we do this we develop the ability to see from an infinite amount of perspectives.
Old 24-03-2011, 07:13 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I just sat and contemplated very quietly for a minute (thats quite a long time for me hehe) and I think that a key thing Ive been advocating here is cultivating and developing flexibility in our approach to life and the way we handle it. There is a time for a self-empowered perspective, there is a time to be optimistic, there is a time to consciously think abundant thoughts, there is a time to be grateful and appreciative, there is a time to pay attention to our heart's desires, there is a time to become very present....and then there is also a time to be very soft on ourselves, to be very allowing, to be forgiving, compassionate and understanding and to acknowledge our human-ness.

And I think the way we can experience least limitation in our lives is through continuing to develop this flexibility of approach. As we do this we develop the ability to see from an infinite amount of perspectives.
There is simply the time for being (isness).. being this or being that, are just the stories we tell ourselves about 'being', about 'doing'.. and, largely, what we see here is a 'story-telling' competition.. where the labeling and conceptualizing diminishes the effect of the story.. tell 'stories' about Life, and how some aspect inspired you, but don't 'label' the inspiration, i.e.: compassion, limitation, heart's desire, human-ness, etc.. let the story reveal itself to the reader/listener without the prejudices of your commentary.. maximum flexibility happens when there are no obstacles, labels used to prejudice the observer's understanding of the story are obstacles..

Be well..
Old 24-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

There is simply the time for being (isness).. being this or being that, are just the stories we tell ourselves about 'being', about 'doing'.. and, largely, what we see here is a 'story-telling' competition.. where the labeling and conceptualizing diminishes the effect of the story.. tell 'stories' about Life, and how some aspect inspired you, but don't 'label' the inspiration, i.e.: compassion, limitation, heart's desire, human-ness, etc.. let the story reveal itself to the reader/listener without the prejudices of your commentary.. maximum flexibility happens when there are no obstacles, labels used to prejudice the observer's understanding of the story are obstacles..

Be well..

As I have been arguing....as humans, we cannot fully experience or realize beingness at this time (except perhaps for fleeting moments). I would agree that quiet contemplation very much has its place though.

Labelling and conceptualizing is inevitable at this time. In my experience, I have cultivated flexibility as I have continued to make peace with more and more potentials of who I am.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:37 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
As I have been arguing....as humans, we cannot fully experience or realize beingness at this time (except perhaps for fleeting moments). I would agree that quiet contemplation very much has its place though.

Labelling and conceptualizing is inevitable at this time. In my experience, I have cultivated flexibility as I have continued to make peace with more and more potentials of who I am.
So, stop "arguing", just Live.. your attachment to the arguement may be your obstacle to 'fully experiencing', whatever it 'is'..

Be well..
Old 24-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

So, stop "arguing", just Live.. your attachment to the arguement may be your obstacle to 'fully experiencing', whatever it 'is'..

Be well..

Haha I cant stop arguing my friend, its part of my Living currently. How about you stop arguing? :)
Old 24-03-2011, 09:21 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Haha I cant stop arguing my friend, its part of my Living currently. How about you stop arguing? :)
LOL.. i'm not the one suffering from self-inflicted limitations.. to you, it's a limitation.. to me, it just 'is'..

Be well..
Old 24-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

LOL.. i'm not the one suffering from self-inflicted limitations.. to you, it's a limitation.. to me, it just 'is'..

Be well..

Haha trust me Bob, you try and run through customs at an airport without showing your passport and you wont be experiencing ''self-inflicted'' limitations!

We cant escape experiencing limitations on this earth because there aint nowhere you can go that you wont experience RULES of some kind. We cant even walk down the street naked hehe. You could of course choose to break laws but then they will be enforced, and you will very much experience limitation then.
Old 24-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Haha trust me Bob, you try and run through customs at an airport without showing your passport and you wont be experiencing ''self-inflicted'' limitations!

We cant escape experiencing limitations on this earth because there aint nowhere you can go that you wont experience RULES of some kind. We cant even walk down the street naked hehe. You could of course choose to break laws but then they will be enforced, and you will very much experience limitation then.
I have rules and agreements in my child support room at work so that those who enter are not intimidated, inhibited and limited in their expression ... why do you always see rules as a limitation? Rules can actually create a platform for greater freedom and are a guide for behaviour in some environments ... and if the children and adults who enter dont follow the rules they limit themselves because they are asked to leave
Old 24-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
I have rules and agreements in my child support room at work so that those who enter are not intimidated, inhibited and limited in their expression ... why do you always see rules as a limitation? Rules can actually create a platform for greater freedom and are a guide for behaviour in some environments ... and if the children and adults who enter dont follow the rules they limit themselves because they are asked to leave

In the world we live in today, I would say that some rules ARE helpful and conducive to peace given the way that we are as humans. But in a world of unconditional love in which we are unconditionally loving beings there would be no rules. There would be energetic laws and principles of course, but no rules. With rules comes an experience of limitation. I mean, to me thats really kind of an obvious thing.