Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 01-09-2015, 01:44 AM
loophole

born or made

is one born a witch or can anyone become one?
Old 01-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Master
Both are possible. I was "in training" for almost 35 years without knowing.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:06 AM
Master

Some say that to have true Witch blood you have to be able to trace your lineage back to Tubal Quayin (Tubal Cain) who was written about in Genesis (I think)

If you're born into a Hereditary Witch family then some say you have the Witch Blood.

I don't know if you're actually born a Witch but I do believe that you're born with a strong propensity for becoming a Witch and that propensity often shows itself early in life - even before your teen years.

If you're drawn to learning about and becoming a Witch then with study and practice you can become a Witch.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I don't know if you're actually born a Witch but I do believe that you're born with a strong propensity for becoming a Witch and that propensity often shows itself early in life - even before your teen years.

When I was about nine or ten (the 1960s), I would always take the book "Witches, Witches, Witches" out from the school library. When I had to return it, I would wait a week and take it out again. I loved that book. Everything from the stories, the illustrations and even the cover. I'm sure it's been banned from school libraries a long time ago now! I Googled it and here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Witches-Helen-Hoke/dp/0531018237

I also had a great aunt who read Tarot Cards and used to go up in the hills when visiting my other aunt and would come back with berries and "weeds." I thought she was so interesting! She died when I was young so I never got to really know her. Was she a witch? I'll never know. I just know I was drawn to her.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Master

I had not heard of this book before - it looks quite interesting!

There was an old garden shed at my friend's house and we used to play in it pretending we were witches who lived in the woods and we'd light candles. It always seemed like I'd done that sort of thing before, it was all so familiar to me even though I was only 10 years old at the time.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Knower
Are you still in touch with your girlhood friend, Jenny?
Old 11-09-2015, 03:40 AM
Master

No, unfortunately, we came to live in Canada and I lost touch.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Pathfinder

I believe both can happen. I also believe that one can be born with a propensity toward the Craft. When I was a kid (like 8-10) I would often ask my parents if I could print spells off the internet. I'm pretty sure they didn't think it would ever come to anything. Surprise!
Old 19-09-2015, 03:49 AM
Seeker
I dont know if I was born or made... I have a feeling it's more self-made than born with how my family feels about spiritual matters :/
Old 21-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Nettles

I believe one can have, as others have said, a propensity, toward learning the Craft or be born into a family that practices. In that scenario and in one where a person discovers the Craft on their own, they become a Witch.
As to "Witch Blood" there is no scientific evidence to support that a witch gene or witch blood exist any more than there is evidence to support a Christian or Muslim gene or protestant or Catholic blood. Being a Witch is a choice.
Over the course of decades the only folks I have seen claiming some sort of blood-link or genetic link were either selling something or grandstanding with no evidence to back up their claims.
Even if there were genetics or bloodlines it would not effect the Witch's prowess at performing magical workings nor would it effect their efficacy. Witchcraft is something one never stops learning and improving at. One cannot just say, "I have this blood, now I am magical" they would have to work at it like everyone else. That is why they refer to it as "practicing" the Craft.
Anyone can be a Witch, how effectively they do it is dependent upon what they put into it.