Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 27-07-2014, 04:56 AM
ReikiChick

Have any Reiki practitioners received new symbols while healing or at other times?

The reason I ask this is because I have received what I believe to be useful symbols at various times. I'm curious if any other Reiki healers would like to share any similar experiences.

The first additional symbols came after I'd spent some time reading from A Course in Miracles and was falling asleep due to fatigue. Just at the instant where my eyes were closing and my head was falling I saw two symbols, but that was so long ago I can't remember what they looked like!

Moving on to more recent times, I was sending distant Reiki to a fellow I'd just met who was into metaphysical stuff. I was sending Reiki to help with his business. After drawing all the Reiki symbols, my hands starting moving on their own (this happens frequently when I send Reiki by distance) and I essentially drew the infinity symbol, the figure 8. I went with it, like OK, this must be useful. Later on I spoke with this fellow and he had an infinity symbol tattoo and it also had meaning for him because he was very interested in Egyptian mythology where it has greater meaning.

The most recent symbol was one I saw in a dream. It was clear enough that I could remember it and now I use it. I have no idea what it does and it's not too complicated, so it's easy to add. In the dream it was drawn on the top side of the index finger, so the first couple of times I used it I drew it on my finger with a pen to visualize it better.

Would anyone else care to share their experiences? I'm very curious and I'd be very grateful to hear your stories.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Night Owl

Yes, I thought about posting this question myself. This happened to me after I was attuned to Reiki master. I kept seeing lots of symbols whenever I closed my eyes at night to sleep. To the point I had to get up & draw them. I have a drawing of one symbol I channelled from then. When I met my twin flame I discovered he had also channelled his own symbol. Pretty much the same as my own symbol but interestingly, the other way up ... I've recently channelled a couple more symbols. I was attuned by a Tibetan practitioner who attuned me to many symbols. He didn't give me much info, just told me to practice, practice, practice ...& let the Reiki teach me. So I think I am also still discovering some of the symbols he attuned me to. I was also attuned by a Usui practitioner who I asked about the channelling of symbols & she said she does the same.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 PM
ReikiChick

Night Owl, thank you for sharing your experiences!

I understand how when you see the symbols so clearly, you do feel the need to draw them, so that they are not forgotten.

The last symbol I received was a little complex. Part of it had a box with an infinity symbol within the box. Even though I'm not at the level of Reiki Master, I'm familiar with Dai Ko Myo and how the boxes at the bottom drawn. So I patterned my drawing of my own box after how those boxes are drawn - first this side in that direction, then the next side in that direction, etc. It probably doesn't matter much, but I like to think my intention to pay attention to detail helps with my intent.

I agree that practicing will teach you a lot more than any class or book ever will. That is the best way to learn!