Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 15-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
. Mayonnaise is out. I've been making my own, but it takes
one whole raw egg to make it.
For more than a decade I was 'eggless'.
Let's see...I remember pouring evap milk on a blender...some oil,
and either lemon juice or vinegar to make mayo....until it turned into
a pudding or mayo consistency...it happens FAST the sec you
pour in the vinegar and stays that way... Tasty.
I was a master eggless cook back in the day...grinding up flax seed for baking.
My cookbook was 'Ten Talents'..hard to find now...as I recall it is a Seventh Day Adventists...no dairy either...
cashew cheese cake yum...

I have friends that are hunters, Colorado also,...I guess many hunters take their game to the
processing place and never come back for pick up!
So they get cut and wrapped cuts for a song! Their freezers are FULL!
Elk, antelope...you know. Just a thought.

Getting enough rain up there?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Master
Linen this is the problem I currently live off only 8 foods asand am so sensitised to salicylates the reactions are awful ,I only have to smell them now ,wish I could help but maybe just a thought a homeopath might be able to desenitise you ,I am speaking to mine this week in hope that she will be able to make what I need ,My thoughts and prayers are with you and God bless You.........
Old 16-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Master

Hello Miss Hepburn. My husband is a hunter and we currently have elk in the freezer. It's all I can eat. I was raised a Seventh Day Adventist! So I am familiar with their eating styles. I'll look up the book on Amazon. I can't have evap milk. They use a corn ingredient to "blend" the vitamin D into the milk. They don't have to list it in the ingredients. I can use only Farmer's milk which is minimally processed.

As I said my husband is a hunter and I can't even trust the butcher processing plants. Many use a corn based antibacterial to wash down their equipment between each order. We have always cut up our wild game ourselves. So you and I are on the same page there.

More rain on the way~~sigh~~ But I got my garden in finally. I way ahead of most people in our town. But I mucked my way through the dirt so I could get it planted. It was so worth it! I'm happy.

Deepsoul, I feel your pain. It can be so frustrating. I can eat a variety of foods but I have to fix everything from scratch and as I recently wrote in another thread, I can only eat 7 foods that come prepared: One specific brand of organic ketchup, one specific brand of organic yellow mustard, one specific brand of organic brown mustard, one specific brand of pinto beans (plain) one specific brand of canned tomatoes, one specific brand of gluten free bread, and one specific brand of tomato sauce. I can use all dried beans and fresh fruits and vegetables I want.

There are no other prepackaged foods, whether it is meats, soups, sauces, or anything out there that I can open and dump, not even a can of tuna or a jar of mayonnaise. And I can't even eat homemade mayo now because they contain eggs and eggs come from my grain fed ducks. My meat is wild (elk and antelope). We are currently looking into a ranch that sells field raised pigs and cows. No grain is fed to them. You might do an internet search in your area and see if anyone offers grain free meats.

Normal people can use the prepackaged seasonings. I make all of mine from scratch after doing extensive research on the internet for each one.

All of this information is not to complain, I know people come in here and learn. That is my purpose: to educate people about food intolerances.

Last night I pulled some Butterball turkey out of the freezer that we had rotisseried a month back and made some turkey noodle soup. I tasted the broth 3 times (less than a teaspoon each time) to make sure the seasonings were balanced and 30 minutes later I got a reaction from the turkey. So Butterball turkeys are out as well.
Old 16-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Master

Miss Hepburn, Amazon has the cookbook and I just ordered it! Thanks so much!
Old 16-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Master
I'm sure glad I don't have the problem with corn that you do, linen, but knowing that virtually all USA corn is gmo, I pick every corn kernel that I can see out of my cup o' noodles. AND I sign every petition I get fighting gmo products.

Old 17-05-2015, 02:54 AM
Master

Better yet Silver, You can stop buying anything that has a corn derivative in it.

Thank you so much for reading this thread. Hopefully you are more educated.
Old 17-05-2015, 03:35 AM
Master
Many years ago, both my son and I stopped drinking sodas -- only on rare occasions did we drink them. I read the labels more and more, and it is giving me the impetus to buy more fresh foods. I need to have cranberry juice and thankfully, Oceanspray has most if not all of its juices without the HFCS like it used to. I won't buy anything with it in.

Old 17-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Master

Good for you! Reading labels has become second nature to me at this time in my life. If the list of ingredients is to long, I just put it back on the shelf. Better to be safe than have some hidden corn ingredients poison my body.
Old 24-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Master

I got the cookbook Miss Hepburn. I found the eggless mayonnaise recipe. Actually the book looks to have quite a few interesting recipes.

I've managed to stay relatively corn free for the past 3 days. A major accomplishment. I bought some buffalo hot dogs from the health food store yesterday (at $12 a pack). I ate one and had a very, very mild reaction. No down time at all.

I also bought a pound of their grass fed beef hamburger. The sales lady said all of their meat is grass fed and no corn. I explained how they spray down the carcass with a corn based antibacterial. I said I'd try it and let her know if I had a reaction.
Old 29-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Master

Today I made confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar). Since store-bought confectioner's sugar has cornstarch in it, I can't eat it. Instead I add 1 cup of granulated sugar and one tablespoon of arrowroot (to prevent the sugar from clumping). Then blend on high for 3 minutes. It helps to throw a towel over your blender to cut down on sugar dust.

The results is a heavy powdered sugar. I say heavy because the results are a powdery sugar with a bit of granules in it. I don't think it would be possible to get it down to 100% powder.

Anyway, I have been putting this task off because it is so messy. There is sugar dust all over my counters. I made about 6 batches so I won't have to do this again for awhile.

Now on to that cake I've been wanting to make for a very long time.

Edited: I just read another article on making powdered sugar and they suggested using a Vitamix blender, which is a super powerful blender. I just happen to have one collecting dust. So I am reblending the sugar in the Vitamix to hopefully get a more powdery consistency.

Second edit: It did make it a smidgen lighter, but not much. But using the Vitamix would cut down blend time in my other blender from 3 minutes to about a minute, so I will use the Vitamix in the future. Hey, I'm learning!

Last edited by linen53 : 29-05-2015 at 04:27 PM.