Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Knower

Will the microchip take over our consciousness?

For those of you who are aware there is a microchip agenda that will happen soon, there seems to be a lot of negativity about it, so my question is how will it affect us spiritually?
Old 23-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Knower

There are people, hundreds-thousands that live with only half of the brain/ half of cerebellum/ half of the cerebral cortex/90% of their brain missing and their consciousness doesen't seem to be impaired. Now one should say that they function properly due to neuroplasticity, but really...I doubt that someone with 10% of the brain can cover the rest of the 90% by neuroplasticity or living just with the prefrontal cortex...This guy is having almost an average intelligence and being regarded as "socially apt", of course they might exaggerate to promote rating of the news...but in a bigger picture they illustrated quite well the study in my opinion. At that time, this guy had a job, his own family, a normal life, and he was self aware of him and the surroundings. Now obviously skeptics would say that his consciousness resided in that 10% of the brain. Skeptics are just skeptics, even if I show them a circle, some would say it's an ellipse. This is like showing a pyramid and people would rush to judge saying it's just a triangle when in fact it was just the front view of the pyramid

https://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/the...-brain-missing

Hopefully those chips won't affect us, just ease the lives of the suffering people with paralysis let's say, like bionic limbs. How does adding a tuning-chip to the car affect the car? It might just improve performance. All we can do is to speculate, do you think that not 2000 years ago, but 200 years ago they would have known that we will have computers, phones, internet, AI, instant messaging?

Hopefully the most that technology would advance is to become sort of cyborgs? (like for the amputees/disabled people) Hopefully Robots will never become conscious like us, and also hopefully there won't be consciousness transplants...I tend to believe that the last 2 scenarios are Sci-Fi like reviving from cryonics

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 23-04-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 23-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Master
Well that's the whole point of it. To take us further away from spirituality imo.

It'll be a split, those that welcome this technology and those that don't, oh and the ones in between that won't give an F because their heads will be stuck in their 5G phone.

I was watching a program the other evening. Ageing folk pretending their bodies won't die and welcoming this new technology, they welcome it! They'd be first in line for the chip and whatever else is on offer. Sad and crazy.
Old 23-04-2019, 05:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Still waiting for this microchip stuff to happen since 2008, when they said it will be 'soon'.
Old 23-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Knower

I agree with you, I think it became more challenging nowadays to learn the lessons, and it is increasingly more challenging, that's how it should be...Imagine playing a game just on the same level.

I think the similarity would be the case of Ancient Roman Empire compared to today's civilization. But yes, I agree with you in the sense that this technology gives birth to a lot of spiritual skeptics out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Well that's the whole point of it. To take us further away from spirituality imo.

It'll be a split, those that welcome this technology and those that don't, oh and the ones in between that won't give an F because their heads will be stuck in their 5G phone.

I was watching a program the other evening. Ageing folk pretending their bodies won't die and welcoming this new technology, they welcome it! They'd be first in line for the chip and whatever else is on offer. Sad and crazy.
Old 23-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Master

I don't know about what microchip you're talking ... Anyway, your mind doesn't reside in your brain.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Master
I doubt it will happen any time soon, although I could see we move towards this direction. It worries me because we can become totally traceable that way, become enslaved. Government agencies already track down and inspect a lot on the internet in the name of anti-terrorism..

It could impact spirituality.. if no chip forces you to live on the fringe of society, unable to work, catching a disease, whatever. This will reduce quality of life and can put you in pure survival mode, and not capable of spiritual growth. Or if you do have a chip, maybe some thing could be activated to make you do X or Y..
Old 23-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
... Hopefully Robots will never become conscious like us, and also hopefully there won't be consciousness transplants...I tend to believe that the last 2 scenarios are Sci-Fi like reviving from cryonics

If you call "robots" those that operate on software, no matter how advanced artificial intelligence, they can't have consciousness.

If we talk about a human, that has its mind, and having man-made upgrades to its physical body, including its brain, there is probably a cut off from where the mind can't interface with the physical anymore.

I didn't get what you wanted to say about neuroplasticity, in your post.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Knower

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply, yes I was thinking that at most, people will become sort of cyborgs? With a sort of brain-computer interface? Maybe for amputees/disabled people? And this if the human race won't perish until then...We are screwing up this Planet yet we have dreams to colonize other Planets. Maybe zones like Area 52 are really hiding stuff that they do "behind the curtain" and they would keep it secret for humanity not to go insanse. Imagine in a few days,
breaking news about Aliens visiting Earth, the population would go insane, or the whole thing with Area 52 might just be a bluff from them to intimidate others. The government wants to control and spy on us. Maybe ancient civilizations where as advanced as us...and that we had to begin from the rock bottom, and that would probably be the case for future generations, like in a loop..who knows? It's fact that we are running out of resources, excluding the possibility of a natural disaster to take place (like an asteroid hitting Earth), in my opinion the probability for the human race to perish or to return to dark ages is higher than these AI/robots/cryonics revival concepts....

Regarding neuroplasticity, I was trying to say that I don't think that the remaining 10% of the brain could be so "flexible/adaptable/pliable" to cover most of the 90% missing part of the brain. That's like saying a 5.0 L engine car with V10 cylinders with pistons of which just 1 is working can obtain a similar/close power output making up for the missing 9 pistons without being "tuned"as a V10 cylinders engine where all 10 pistons being functional...

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
If you call "robots" those that operate on software, no matter how advanced artificial intelligence, they can't have consciousness.

If we talk about a human, that has its mind, and having man-made upgrades to its physical body, including its brain, there is probably a cut off from where the mind can't interface with the physical anymore.

I didn't get what you wanted to say about neuroplasticity, in your post.

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 23-04-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 23-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I don't know about what microchip you're talking ... Anyway, your mind doesn't reside in your brain.

Something could be implanted to intercept or distort signals.