Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
Nothing is random, we all attract to ourselves exactly what we believe and feel to be true ...you only have to observe yourself or others very close to you to see that in action. So as long as you don't believe in love it will always allude you. You can always change your mind of course

I humbly disagree. Beliefs don't attract anything, they are merely the results of the things we have experienced. For example, someone who is always lucky will come to believe they are blessed. someone who is always unfortunate will come to believe they are cursed. I've been open minded to love, but I always had bad luck at that so of course it's only natural that I no longer CAN believe in it, even if I wanted to. This has nothing to do with that faulty 'law of attraction' logic.
Old 25-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Master

Hi Siemens,

Love is the dynamic physical plane interplay of an essential and inalienable existential consciousness of Delight of One Being, experienced in many forms and levels as it descends, by the multiplicity of interdependent beings evolving in the physical.

The reason it takes on so many forms and definitions is because it is received and utilized according to the receptivity and instrumental consciousness of the individual being which is quite variable.

Even one animal devouring another is an expression of it, but of course there are higher, deeper, and wider manifestations available to human beings.

Yet even as a microcosm, an amalgam of various consciousness - there is ever shifting and variable expression of love within the experience of one human life because of the variability and focus of our consciousness; it's not static or monolithic.

~ J
Old 25-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I humbly disagree. Beliefs don't attract anything, they are merely the results of the things we have experienced. For example, someone who is always lucky will come to believe they are blessed. someone who is always unfortunate will come to believe they are cursed. I've been open minded to love, but I always had bad luck at that so of course it's only natural that I no longer CAN believe in it, even if I wanted to. This has nothing to do with that faulty 'law of attraction' logic.
LOL, that's ok... I'm not entering a debate about LoA, many think like you but haven't actually understood it.

What do you believe in? Sometimes we think we believe something but actually are just trying to convince ourselves something is true until we are tested...our reactions tho will give us away.

Give yourself time and try to observe yourself rather than compare yourself with what you think is the norm...we're not all the same. Even tho you may not believe this now, you have eternity to figure this all out .

Be gentle on yourself
Old 25-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
LOL, that's ok... I'm not entering a debate about LoA, many think like you but haven't actually understood it.

What do you believe in? Sometimes we think we believe something but actually are just trying to convince ourselves something is true until we are tested...our reactions tho will give us away.

Give yourself time and try to observe yourself rather than compare yourself with what you think is the norm...we're not all the same. Even tho you may not believe this now, you have eternity to figure this all out .

Be gentle on yourself

I believe in nothingness. Much better for me this way.

How do I have an eternity? Do you mean through reincarnation?
Old 25-04-2019, 10:06 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
But sometimes the views of others can by refuted by logic and therefore are nonsense from an objective perspective.
The logic is: Purpose can only exist if it refers to happiness. Everything that has purpose has to do with a direct or indirect increase of happiness/wellbeing/quality of life of conscious creatures.

What I wanted to say was:
Procreation can’t be the purpose of life, if the purpose of life were not happiness or the aspiration for happiness.

What sense should it make to continue “the ever changing experience of life? What's the good of that?

The additions youve needed to make to the word happiness here are necessary because happiness has no definitive or logical meaning that can be relied upon because its a concept created by perception.

In answer to both of the other parts of your post, I hope you dont mind if I offer a rhetorical question.... how would you know what experiences lead to happiness if you hadnt experienced every angle of every experience?
Old 25-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I believe in nothingness. Much better for me this way.
Can I ask why?

Quote:
How do I have an eternity? Do you mean through reincarnation?
I'm not going to try and convince you of anything, for that to happen you need to be in a place of open and real curiosity ...you're still young and have much of life to experience where you will question things.

For now tho, I'll just say that you cannot not exist despite what you believe...where do you think your consciousness resides? Can you point to it? Is it physical? If you think its the brain then maybe...only if you're curious... you might want to take a look at the following video given by a near death experience a neurosurgeon had https://youtu.be/qbkgj5J91hE
Old 26-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
That [every experience a person makes is chosen by that person’s soul] may be truth to your own current life, but not mine. There's no logical reason behind this kind of choice unless my so-called soul wants to become something akin to evil incarnate.
Hm...? I’m not sure if I understand everything you say.

Firstly, you are writing in a spiritual forum in a thread that is about spiritual development, so I assume you believe that you have a soul. Don’t you? Second, what do you mean with “akin to evil incarnate”? You said you can’t experience love but this doesn’t make you evil. Why should it?

I know from my own experience that a life without love can be very depressing, frustrating, and grueling because love is one of the major sources of wellbeing. But I also know that precisely these experiences (life without love) can transform you in a very positive way. As longer as you live without love the more intense and passionate you will experience love in the future.

Your life may be though right now but you’re on the right way.
Old 26-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Master

If love be momentarily dormant
Because ferality has overtaken it
For the moment, we may yet pause
And choose that which expands
Our consciousness
Little things, starting with self gratification
Why not? Then we observe their transience
Their impermanence
Reversing polarity, let us now give instead of taking
An agendaless smile, a helping hand
A small service without need of recognition
The happiness that manifests lasts longer
Makes the heart warmer
Build on this
Then when we self realise that we must go within
We do, wholeheartedly
But if if now is not the time
If we would still indulge awhile
Let us do so
In mindful movements slow

Old 26-04-2019, 05:16 PM
janielee

you're pretty sweet, Unseeking Seeker
Old 26-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Hm...? I’m not sure if I understand everything you say.

Firstly, you are writing in a spiritual forum in a thread that is about spiritual development, so I assume you believe that you have a soul. Don’t you? Second, what do you mean with “akin to evil incarnate”? You said you can’t experience love but this doesn’t make you evil. Why should it?

I know from my own experience that a life without love can be very depressing, frustrating, and grueling because love is one of the major sources of wellbeing. But I also know that precisely these experiences (life without love) can transform you in a very positive way. As longer as you live without love the more intense and passionate you will experience love in the future.

Your life may be though right now but you’re on the right way.

I'm rather sceptical about everything lately, but if I had a soul it would not be a separate entity that makes my life choices before birth as you say. That doesn't reasonate with my beliefs. If love truly existed, I simply believe nobody would choose to live a life without it unless they want to become a psychopath. Otherwise it would just be pointless self-harm. There should be plenty of other ways to transform in a positive way. At least, that's what I think. I've read a lot of NDE's and pre-birth choices isn't something that I stumbled upon a lot, so there's little to no evidence for that.

There's one thing I don't understand as well from your post. You say ''As longer as you live without love the more intense and passionate you will experience love in the future'' but if you chose a life without love, how can you ever experience love in the future to begin with? Doesn't really make sense to me.