Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-05-2011, 08:39 PM
midnightstar

I can't grasp the concept of the universe ending. Will the spirit world still exist or will it disappear with everything else and what will happen the the spirits in the spirit world?
Old 17-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Kruise

Hi Sacred Flea,
I think at 15 I was thinking a lot of the same things you are, wondering why are we here and what is the purpose of life. I remember being born into this life, and know that there is something other than this as I know I must have been chanting in my mother's womb "I must remember, I must remember", as we're not meant too. I'm nearly 43 now, and have spent a lot of my life reading and studying spirituality. Anything to do with mediumship and the afterlife just draws me.
I think your father is right when he says he'd bet his life on the fact there is something else after, as I too "know" that there is, though of course I can't prove it to you. Keep growing your faith and your trust as you progress through life and one day you will too know the answers to your many questions, if not before.
K.
Old 18-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Coming2

This thread really tugged at me because I cant tell you how many times in my life I have been terrified of the afterlife or whether there was going to be one. For many years I made a lot of bad choices that not only hurt myself but others along the way. After I got my life together I was so fearful of God's judgement. I have, at times, been convinced that I would never see God's light or love after death. Usually when I get these feelings I have been reading the Bible or some other type of Christian spiritual texts.

I dont have the answers to life after death but I know what I personally believe. It is a mosh posh of what I was raised to believe and what I feel in the deepest part of my core. What I do know is that there is more to us than just this life. We do not cease to exist because our bodies do. There are an infinite number of theories out there about where we go and what we do. No one will ever be 100% certain even with strong psychic abilities. There is always that chance that it could be wrong but I choose to believe that God loves all of us and only wants what is best for us in this life and in the next. We are here to learn our lessons so that we can eventually evolve back into the God Head where we will be eternally at peace. So just for today all I know to do is be the best person I can be and do what I feel is the right thing by those I come into contact with.

Thats my rant...lol
Light and Love and please...no worries.....Fear is paralyzing and stops your personal growth. Please try not to give in to it.
Old 19-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Knower
Hi Sacred Flea,
Those are my thoughts and fears exactly, though I much older than you, and when I was as young as fifteen, I felt certain there was an afterlife. It's only been recently that I've come to think of reasons for things in a scientific way. I want to get my peace of mind back again, but I'm not sure how at the moment. Thinking that we are just here and then nothing else is a depressing thought. I know there are some who say, well make the most of what you've got etc, but what about those that have already gone, or those that are never given a chance, or their life is taken away early either by either a killer disease or person? It makes it all seem very pointless and depressing.
I used to feel so sure about the spirit world, but now I have these doubts. Maybe I've been listening to too many militant atheist types or something.
Old 19-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Master
Personally, I'm not scared of what happens after death. My scepticism does not allow for cultural assumptions about the afterlife. For me, it's all a wild guess. I do not believe the universe should be belittled in our humanish perspective about morality. We will see what happens. What is scary is the process of dying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sacred Flea
I just can't comprehend non-existence after death; it scares me. My worst fear. In my opinion, eternal damnation is better than nothingness. No thoughts. Nothing.
When you sleep at night and you're not dreaming.. are you scared of that state of non-awareness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved_ofmars
Hi Sacred Flea, Those are my thoughts and fears exactly, though I much older than you, and when I was as young as fifteen, I felt certain there was an afterlife. It's only been recently that I've come to think of reasons for things in a scientific way. I want to get my peace of mind back again, but I'm not sure how at the moment. Thinking that we are just here and then nothing else is a depressing thought. I know there are some who say, well make the most of what you've got etc, but what about those that have already gone, or those that are never given a chance, or their life is taken away early either by either a killer disease or person? It makes it all seem very pointless and depressing.
I used to feel so sure about the spirit world, but now I have these doubts. Maybe I've been listening to too many militant atheist types or something.
Doubts are good.. they will lead to new questions and insights.
Old 19-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
When you sleep at night and you're not dreaming.. are you scared of that state of non-awareness?
No, because it's only temporary, but dreamless sleep is pretty disappointing, especially when some dreams can make me feel so peaceful the next day. :-)
Old 19-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Bluegreen

Perhaps this helps. It is about dying.

Quote:
Question: When people die are they aware they have passed through to another state?
Joan (Grant): By no means always. I have spent a great deal of time explaining to people that they were dead because death is only a shift of level--a shift of level which takes place very often--...during sleep.
...Very many times I have had conversations with a group of people and said casually to one of them, "Have you got a physical body at the moment?" and they may say yes or no and the remark is as casual as "Have you got a car?"
[...]

If I die now I shall still be here unless I deliberately go somewhere else. If I died at this minute and you shifted level and someone else went to sleep, we might all go into the garden and continue this conversation and we would all be equally real and the garden would be equally real.

Joan Grant was a psychic who wrote a number of books that were published as novels but were remembered lives and some biographies.
Old 27-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Iskandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
I can't grasp the concept of the universe ending. Will the spirit world still exist or will it disappear with everything else and what will happen the the spirits in the spirit world?

that's a real kicker. What happens when the physical realm dies, which we have good evidence to suggest it will.
Old 27-05-2011, 11:40 PM
tragblack

Quote:
I know there are some who say, well make the most of what you've got etc, but what about those that have already gone, or those that are never given a chance, or their life is taken away early either by either a killer disease or person?

I would say, "Keep making the most of it!" Yes, these sad things happen, and in the face of it, it can seem mightily hopeless. However, what can you, personally do about it? And what would you rather do? Do you want to spend your time in endless contemplation of what is and what could be, in life and beyond, or do you want to make the most of it? Your time will come, too, buddy, and I think it is important to keep this in perspective. Thinking and worrying about death does not stall it, and do we want to spend our lives worrying about it?

I, myself, feel a strong intuition that there is existence after the body dies, but even if there isn't, how scary can it be to be nothing? There's nothing to fear and nothing there to feel the fear and lonliness:

Quote:

Quote:
What is scary is the process of dying.

Yes, this bothers me more than the idea of what comes after.

Bluegreen, the quote you posted reminds me of a theory that I read once: that people never actually die-- they just slip into another dimension in some way, and leave the other one behind. Included were weird accounts of people having NDEs in which they were sure they were dying, but then were suddenly somewhere else, doing something else, just fine. They also claimed that after the event, they were not close to people they used to be, and started making entirely new relationships. They felt that the other people just faded into the background, as if they were barely there.
Old 28-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
No, because it's only temporary, but dreamless sleep is pretty disappointing, especially when some dreams can make me feel so peaceful the next day. :-)
But during dreamless sleep you are not aware and you can't think ''I am in a temporal state''..

So to people who are scared of 'oblivion' I would say: think about dreamless sleep?