Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Master
:confused1: Being Infatuated and In Love ?

okay so i'm torn about the two words. you see i guesse i have always felt that i loved certain crushes but than again i didnt know if the feelings were mutal. can you be in love with someone even when the person does not exist i mean they are physically not here with you. when dose infatauted turn into love can it be that too. ? i'm guilty as charged when i say i have it bad for being infatuated with people.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Suspended
Guide

Good question. I also wonder when it is infatuation or a soulmate connection not understanding why you instantly feel so connected to someone.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Suspended

This is an interesting question. Is it infatuation or a soul mate connection? If we go by the definition of infatuation, this is what we get:

"A foolish, unreasoning, or extravagant passion or attraction. An object of extravagant, short-lived passion"

I decided to bold the term "short-lived" because I believe that is the key component that separates puppy loves from the real deal. Most people who become infatuated are focusing on the physical, while true love focuses on the spiritual. If you can "feel" the person's spiritual light, and their light resonates with yours, that is true love (imo). Infatuation is short lived, so it's always best to take things slowly and see if your feelings remain over time. You might think you are in love with someone, but if it's pure physical attraction, I would not immediately trust it as true love.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Infatuation is falling in love with someone's "physical".....its hard to have real love there...but it can happen.

Love is "falling in love" with someone's Soul/spirit....and when this happens....your kinda blind to whatever the appearance is....

Does that make sense people!!!?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Suspended

@Mr. WhiteMore - Yes it does! It makes perfect sense
Old 03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Whitmore
Love is "falling in love" with someone's Soul/spirit....and when this happens....your kinda blind to whatever the appearance is....

Wow, that means many men are infatuated rather than in love! It would be great if my physical appearance did not matter so much to a man.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Wow, that means many men are infatuated rather than in love! It would be great if my physical appearance did not matter so much to a man.

Yup..

Most people hitch up early in life...then when they get older separate...why?

Physical appearances or realizing they actually have nothing in common....are the culprits..

Now if you got to know someone's words.......first....then....soul mates for eternity......see?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Whitmore
Infatuation is falling in love with someone's "physical".....its hard to have real love there...but it can happen.

Does that make sense people!!!?

yes that makes sense and it sound like the truth Mr. Whitmore.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle

you are right Twinkle i wish physical appearance did not really matter so much and we could just see who people are on the inside. its like if are eyes were made diffarently were we could look at a person and fall in love with thier personality first.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by somnia
This is an interesting question. Is it infatuation or a soul mate connection? If we go by the definition of infatuation, this is what we get:

"A foolish, unreasoning, or extravagant passion or attraction. An object of extravagant, short-lived passion"

I decided to bold the term "short-lived" because I believe that is the key component that separates puppy loves from the real deal. Most people who become infatuated are focusing on the physical, while true love focuses on the spiritual. If you can "feel" the person's spiritual light, and their light resonates with yours, that is true love (imo). Infatuation is short lived, so it's always best to take things slowly and see if your feelings remain over time. You might think you are in love with someone, but if it's pure physical attraction, I would not immediately trust it as true love.

somnia i agree with you being infatuated is just temperary for the most part, without the person sometimes not even knowing it. i wish sometimes i would not be infatuated with someone right away though.