Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Can you really trust spiritual beings?

What's everyone's opinions on this? Can you really trust spiritual beings, like deities, and angels, and spirit guides, and other beings?

Myself, I've had a bad experience with all spirit beings. It's like all they do is lie, pretend, and, far from it for me to have ever believed in this in the past, but it's like they really do exist to suck the energy out of you, to feed from your devotion, and keep you trapped in, I don't know... spiritual dependence and samsara?

Nirvana sounds good to me because you cease existing and you become free from all this rubbish. Heaven just sounds like another world for a 'prison' to me, these days.

Thoughts?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Lorelyen

Interesting.

It's SO important to set up a dialogue with such entities before doing anything. Much contemplation is needed. They'll advise - but you have to consider the advice against your higher principles. You should know whether they're acting in accordance with your nature.

If you open yourself to all and sundry entities without protection of some kind, expect trouble. I once did a time-machine mandalum experiment and brought something back unintentionally that superficially seemed ok but it wasn't. An alluring thing that turned out malign even after it departed the scene. It plagued my work in subtle ways, threatened to disrupt certain friendships so I resorted to ritual to disperse its influence.

One can't be too careful. Spirit entities will help and will work for us if we treat them with respect and make offerings if necessary. It takes time to be sure of our guides, not just whether we're able to trust their advice but whether we're capable and willing to act on it when it seems genuine.

I've read a few posts elsewhere here, people (more or less) claiming that this "guide" suddenly appeared and tells me to do or be this and that and I'm in terrible trouble, sort of thing. A couple of things need sorting out - firstly is it in their imagination, something they've made up to do with desires or needs? Or is it from imagination as in imaging of an entity crossing from another (astral) world. So ask it if it is prepared to help in your development and await the answer. Then secondly, what does it want in return for guiding one? And on..... It also depends on circumstances, what temple of the mind are you in and whatever....

Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelwen
What's everyone's opinions on this? Can you really trust spiritual beings, like deities, and angels, and spirit guides, and other beings?

Myself, I've had a bad experience with all spirit beings. It's like all they do is lie, pretend, and, far from it for me to have ever believed in this in the past, but it's like they really do exist to suck the energy out of you, to feed from your devotion, and keep you trapped in, I don't know... spiritual dependence and samsara?

Nirvana sounds good to me because you cease existing and you become free from all this rubbish. Heaven just sounds like another world for a 'prison' to me, these days.

Thoughts?

Spirit is a clear source, (empty/complete) we are not, until we are, we create spirit to be so many things that we are interpreting through our human nature. But then through the interpretation at the time, it is just what we require and create to get clearer.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Master
Further on, spirit lessons often open up our own trust issues. Bad experiences through our perceived ideas of spirit beings or earthly beings, reflects much about ourselves, to show us what we believe, are holding in and onto and not letting all life show us more. So most often your creation here, there or somewhere your creating serves you to come to know you deeper, trust yourself deeper and do what you need for you in trust. Dependence on spirit beings, or guides, angels, become a part of deepening trust in life and ourselves, it serves for a short time or long time for some. In my own evolvement, fear and lack of trust in myself, saw me lean on them, I had to come to know spirit more directly to build trust. Now in that trust building, I trust that all that was, is and will be in that creation, serves me without needing to know, I have built trust in myself through all that to get on with my life and live more consciously aware. We have choices when we can see and open to them, to let the rubbish go. Transformation of ourselves can move through any number of ways of life as we become aware and let life show us. Being less contained with our minds view and more open as our "being" state supports you to live more in your own awareness which through the deepening process becomes clearer or more pure as Gem's post highlighted through his insights. Pure awareness then becomes your own guide, it is clarity of you being you and living the life you want to live more connected.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:

Thoughts?
I think that one can trust spiritual beings as much as one can trust physical beings - both don't have a very good record in the 'trust department'.

Then again, what is trust anyway? is it believing that another being is going to be honest with you always? is this what trust is?

Maybe to get spirits to be honest with you, one must be 100% honest with themselves or else the message may be garbled when it gets through or it won't get through at all.

If you place these 'spiritual beings' on the same level as humans and not try to elevate them in your own mind to angel status you'll see that they have exactly the same flaws and failings as everybody else out there.

I've had angels lie to me, swear at me, threaten me and suck my energy out - mostly when I haven't been listening or paying attention or purposely doing the very opposite of what they said....it seems I have found the key for ticking an angel off big-time. Why they even still bother with me after all of that, I have no idea...but I get the distinct impression they have absolutely no choice in the matter.

It's like working with somebody you loathe because the boss says so and if you refuse, you'll get fired...and you need the money etc so what do you do? You have to work with a person you hate to your very core and try to be 'pleasant' even though you constantly lie through your teeth and tell them only what they want to hear and you suck their energy out before they can suck yours out.

It is kind of like this in the spiritual world. Our angels and guides are bound by duty to do what they do and they don't have to like it....and sometimes you'll get to know this and feel like you can't trust them.

Just take everything they say with a grain of salt, but be ever vigilant because they are usually right 100% of the time, even though they use deception and fraud to get you to understand and realise the truth. This is how they work.

All the best.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:

Thoughts?

I would only try to come in contact with and work with my Higher Self, I agree spirit contact is most likely to be just another form of samsara.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:36 AM
Master

Spirit guides want you to be as true to yourself as possible to they do sometimes lie to test you. Mediums, healers and psychics do not have accuracy because of this. However the more inner work they do, the better the connection with the other side will be.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:25 AM
Master
I seem to getting some help from the late and great David Bowie which in kinda interesting. If I look back of the sequence of events it kinda makes a certain sense too. The thing is I sorta liked his music, pretty clever and all that, but nothing particularly special but then those videos just before he died I kinda got what he was on about, I knew he was gonna die real soon and then he did and that world wide grief kinda hit and I thought 'wooh', thats gotta hurt. Then I had this need to go down the back and I took one of my cats with me and when I got there opened up and Mr Dave appeared riding that wave of grief... grief stricken himself as it were and surprised as in 'I didn't expect that', 'well, that's how it works.' I replied or something along those lines. And I felt for him, it was hard work for the man.

Anyway, he seems to be coming in as my pusher, my connection maker, and I had quite an adventure the other day when I had a gallery opening to go to, welcomed back after being kicked out five years ago, and I found these brilliant red shoes and didn't grab them for some reason but then went back the next day to get them and had such a fine time with a woman who came in and loved my purchase... then I realised I had to wear all red to that opening so I did, and my own handmade clothes, and by golly I knew I cut a fine figure but even I was taken aback by the responses I got... it was like I was pushing a wave of awe out in front of me, genuine genuflecting, as if I'd become the thin white duke myself!

But there's also lots of other stuff going alongside this like this absolutely precious bird I'm kinda after, the galleries where she lives, almost directly opposite the gallery across the carpark and down a bank and the whole thing was like an energy walk. I haven't even actually met her yet and I even stood someways into the carpark and looked down at the roof of her house. Don't worry, it's not stalking as she's told me where she lives and even invited me over a few times... but all kinds of stuffs going on which kinda says she needs to be the one visiting me.

Then today I went looking at Mr Bowies art collection for sale at Sotherby's and I got this inkling, this sense, that the reason he's helping me out, is he was way up there in the art world... at at the centre of the Euro/New York thing but I think he's seeing what I'm doing, way down here at the bottom of the earth, and trying to keep peoplised, is doing it for him where he is now, between a life and the higher ups.

So yeah, like Naturesflow says, there's an accommodation that will shape itself to our needs and requirements, and how cognisant we are of those is an important factor, I think, in understand what might be good and/or bad within any particular playing out of possibilities.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:28 AM
Master
Oops, I didn't answer your question. Can we trust spirit beings?

I don't it's about that as in what it may be more about is learning to trust ourselves.

I suppose what that means is that if we do trust ourselves then what help we get will resonate with that.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Master

Quote:

Thoughts?

Do we get opinions of such beings to. Shouldn't one already know themselves what their feelings are in spite of other beings. Any being that speaks to me should be prepared for a long and extensive conversation. So far, no conversation yet. Like you, I'd like to determine if it's a perspective. Right now for instance I don't care that a being has all this power, power does not impress me. Heaven is a word that comes from teaching. Nirvana is a word that comes from teaching. They are the same. No soul is lost. People in your cultures came up with that. Has anyone ever heard this.