Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The intellectual interpretation is one thing and the actual experience is completely something else. When I use to put on workshops we would do actual exercises that could be applied in everyday life, an as stated, learning this stuff, which is not mainstream, helped me persevere in a mainstream graduate program. In my life I have found everything to be useful, although sometimes the utility takes time to grasp. It took a while for me to get to this perspective; as in my opinion nature has no waste basket and we humans are part of nature.

True about intellectual and experiencing stuff. Everything showing connection is a movement and stepping stone to more as I experience it..I suppose nowdays, it is harder for me to grasp anything, but simply be more aware of it as it is. I notice changes.

In my own work many call what I do energy healing. I at one time might have called it this. For me through my own evolvement, I cannot name what is happening. I know something is happening, moving, changing, but when I simply just be the witness without name, I accept the changing nature of life as it flows of itself most often now days and just be present with it as the chosen source of creation...life coming together and connecting. What moves is the creation of life as it is and will be in that shared union.

It was interesting that you notice life more deeply in this way in nature, for me I notice myself as this more deeply when I reflect on all life around me to know myself in this way. Nature of course allows clearer reflections, which is why it is important to our awareness, but life itself in everyway life is, shows us this flow/ way of being, if we allow it to reflect in this way..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
My point is that obviously some here found this discussion more useful than others. It has been extremely useful to me in developing my own creative imagination, transmuting my own vibrations, putting on workshops to help others transmute their vibrations, etc.; there is no good or bad in it, no right or wrong, as I can remember the first time I had to take a class in algebra I wondered what good is this going to do me in the real world?

Yes, such discussion is always useful - if nothing else it can broaden others' awareness of the possibilities and consider it in relation to themselves. Many interesting points have emerged. It's forced me to ask a few questions I can tell you!

Point is taken about the algebra analogy. Well, it has served me somewhat in the real world! I don't need to solve many weird equations but Ohms law has crept in more than once!

What has emerged is that it's a complex issue if taken to the level it was reaching. Considerably more research needs to be done and will be in time. There will always be varying viewpoints. I'm employed creatively about which there are two sides - the employment at which you might best describe me as a hack, always looking in the recycle bin to see if I can get paid for bits of the same work twice. (Still creative but more like Lego.) Then creating as self expression as an instrument of growth as well as putting it before the public if interested. In either case, I don't like to delve too deep into the mechanics in case I break the spell. At times inspiration flows then it's a matter of becoming a funnel through which it reach the medium.

Altogether a challenging and pleasant discussion.

Old 31-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Master

Hi Starman,

There is a spectrum of consciousness which is available, whether the whole or parts/aspects, or in ranges in and through direct or indirect identification - including but not limited to physical proximity, which is a limited type of focus or identification.

Vibration is real or seen/felt as a real phenomenon - because everything is consciousness of some type or specific attribute, including the instrument of reception, which is itself a focus or concentration of consciousness (vibration).

imo...In terms of spirituality/spiritual practice, ‘vibration’ is best used as a conceptual metaphor or construct to assist with the discrimination of consciousness. Otherwise it becomes tempting to see and become attached to spirituality in terms of physical Nature alone*, thereby inverting cause and effect [the physical is the result, not the cause; "as above so below", etc. - not the other way around].

Since we are essentially One Being embodying whether in microcosm or macrocosm, a vast range of consciousness, we may, by identification (hopefully increasingly conscious and progressive, but often unconscious and unprogressive) 'resonate', i.e., identify with like consciousness/value/aspect/attribute - by focus/concentration/exclusion/inclusion - any consciousness (vibration) whether in physical proximity or not.

It’s also why we feel uncomfortable with unlike or dissimilar ‘vibration’, according to our own dominant ‘vibration’ or instrumental focus. Also, this dis-affinity is the basis of dis-ease, whether ‘pulling in’/demanding and not being able to receive faster/higher vibration - taxing the receiving instrument; or needing and at the same time blocking/resisting and becoming ‘depleted’ in various forms.

Vibration can be ‘seen’ as physical reality, metaphysical reality, or a metaphor of consciousness visualized and conceptualized as relative speed, relative affinity or relative ‘amplitude’ (fine vs. gross). - all in a vast ranges which are extant internally as well as externally - eventually the same thing… as consciousness (awareness) on some level, of some type.

Since all of these ‘vibrations’ are within the greater One Being which is inclusive of the ‘lesser’ individual being, all of it is available to resonate with similar (or dissimilar), whether in or around others, or various places - by the focus of attention/identification, which includes but is not limited to physical proximity - whereby one is able to exclude or include by that focus, any particular consciousness...whether ignorantly and unconsciously, or by a conscious will. We could say that spirituality is the practice of deliberate concentration on higher more inclusive consciousness or ‘vibration’.

Prior to that ability being consistently acquired (usually by long practice), it simply helps as an actualized intention, to be 'present', or in proximity to, or to identify with, those or that which embodies or has predominant, the qualities we deem beneficial or like those qualities we aspire to acquire, or identify with ourselves - by whatever current relative standard of instrumental consciousness we utilize. iow…

We resonate with the chosen (by whatever means) vibration, because we as a microcosm of the Totality, have those same ranges available within ourselves/individual being.

As such, it either does, or doesn't help an alcoholic to be amongst drunken people according to their intention vis a vis drinking. But likewise, it helps those who are spiritually aspiring to be around others who embody peace, higher consciousness, abundant light, etc.; or even a pristine Nature which has these inspirational qualities fully radiant on the surface (animal aggression notwithstanding!).

Whereas a substantial concentration in ego may feel uncomfortable amongst truly spiritual people, simply because of a dis-affinity of vibration, and this is in flux typically until realization. Most of us who come to this site evidence and experience this apparently self-contradictory dis-affinity, even though the original impetus of approach or intention was in essence, spiritual...because that contradiction of focus is operative in the being at present.

iow...There is a partial and alternate identification with both spirituality and ego (ignorance) as an oscillating focus of attention (divine vs undivine), both an awakened but nascent conscious aspiration, and unconscious reaction due to long habit of reliance on ego. Hopefully, eventually this gets sorted out when people get tired of the vacillation, and then spiritual life becomes more conscious, less reactive, more stable and progressive in a consistent manner, but this takes time to achieve.

* witness the informal council of Jr. Physicists the world over, ‘explaining’ Spirit/spirituality by physical models, getting trapped and restricted by these inverted models.

~ J

Old 01-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi Starman,

There is a spectrum of consciousness which is available, whether the whole or parts/aspects, or in ranges in and through direct or indirect identification - including but not limited to physical proximity, which is a limited type of focus or identification.

Vibration is real or seen/felt as a real phenomenon - because everything is consciousness of some type or specific attribute, including the instrument of reception, which is itself a focus or concentration of consciousness (vibration).

imo...In terms of spirituality/spiritual practice, ‘vibration’ is best used as a conceptual metaphor or construct to assist with the discrimination of consciousness. Otherwise it becomes tempting to see and become attached to spirituality in terms of physical Nature alone*, thereby inverting cause and effect [the physical is the result, not the cause; "as above so below", etc. - not the other way around].

Since we are essentially One Being embodying whether in microcosm or macrocosm, a vast range of consciousness, we may, by identification (hopefully increasingly conscious and progressive, but often unconscious and unprogressive) 'resonate', i.e., identify with like consciousness/value/aspect/attribute - by focus/concentration/exclusion/inclusion - any consciousness (vibration) whether in physical proximity or not.

It’s also why we feel uncomfortable with unlike or dissimilar ‘vibration’, according to our own dominant ‘vibration’ or instrumental focus. Also, this dis-affinity is the basis of dis-ease, whether ‘pulling in’/demanding and not being able to receive faster/higher vibration - taxing the receiving instrument; or needing and at the same time blocking/resisting and becoming ‘depleted’ in various forms.

Vibration can be ‘seen’ as physical reality, metaphysical reality, or a metaphor of consciousness visualized and conceptualized as relative speed, relative affinity or relative ‘amplitude’ (fine vs. gross). - all in a vast ranges which are extant internally as well as externally - eventually the same thing… as consciousness (awareness) on some level, of some type.

Since all of these ‘vibrations’ are within the greater One Being which is inclusive of the ‘lesser’ individual being, all of it is available to resonate with similar (or dissimilar), whether in or around others, or various places - by the focus of attention/identification, which includes but is not limited to physical proximity - whereby one is able to exclude or include by that focus, any particular consciousness...whether ignorantly and unconsciously, or by a conscious will. We could say that spirituality is the practice of deliberate concentration on higher more inclusive consciousness or ‘vibration’.

Prior to that ability being consistently acquired (usually by long practice), it simply helps as an actualized intention, to be 'present', or in proximity to, or to identify with, those or that which embodies or has predominant, the qualities we deem beneficial or like those qualities we aspire to acquire, or identify with ourselves - by whatever current relative standard of instrumental consciousness we utilize. iow…

We resonate with the chosen (by whatever means) vibration, because we as a microcosm of the Totality, have those same ranges available within ourselves/individual being.

As such, it either does, or doesn't help an alcoholic to be amongst drunken people according to their intention vis a vis drinking. But likewise, it helps those who are spiritually aspiring to be around others who embody peace, higher consciousness, abundant light, etc.; or even a pristine Nature which has these inspirational qualities fully radiant on the surface (animal aggression notwithstanding!).

Whereas a substantial concentration in ego may feel uncomfortable amongst truly spiritual people, simply because of a dis-affinity of vibration, and this is in flux typically until realization. Most of us who come to this site evidence and experience this apparently self-contradictory dis-affinity, even though the original impetus of approach or intention was in essence, spiritual...because that contradiction of focus is operative in the being at present.

iow...There is a partial and alternate identification with both spirituality and ego (ignorance) as an oscillating focus of attention (divine vs undivine), both an awakened but nascent conscious aspiration, and unconscious reaction due to long habit of reliance on ego. Hopefully, eventually this gets sorted out when people get tired of the vacillation, and then spiritual life becomes more conscious, less reactive, more stable and progressive in a consistent manner, but this takes time to achieve.

* witness the informal council of Jr. Physicists the world over, ‘explaining’ Spirit/spirituality by physical models, getting trapped and restricted by these inverted models.~ J

I really like this perspective; thank you for sharing it, it is rather comprehensive yet simple and plausible.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes, the intrinsic nature of vibrations is rather esoteric, and not paramount to modern daily living; notwithstanding that modern daily living keeps most people preoccupied with survival and the acquisition of basic needs. But I have studied the esoteric sciences and put some of what I learned into practical application which enhanced by living situation.
"Would a rose by any other name smell just as sweet?"

'Real life', science, Spirituality, mathematics... All lenses through which we perceive the Universe and their languages describe our perceptions in their own terminology but they all talk of the same 'rose' - the Universe. I understand what you mean by an holistic Spirituality but I'd go one step further and practice a non-divisive Spirituality. As a lecturer I'm sure you'll understand the term 'Target Audience', and all it really needs is to 'translate' the material we've talked about in this thread to suit the target audience. Vibrations are not esoteric, they're just never brought to the surface but they happen in 'everyday' Life too - they can't not happen because we are creatures of energy and vibration. All it takes is to drop the 'Spiritual lens' and talk in everyday language in less esoteric terms. As a Phi ratio and Fibonacci Sequence can be found when you look in a mirror or see a sunflower, it can also describe Spiritual Development. The Vesica Pisces came from Egypt and is used in Sacred Geometry, but it can also be used to envision a relationship with another person. Resonant frequencies becomes birds of a feather and how the people around you reflect who you are as a person.