Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Master
Spirituality dissconnected from religion.

I disconnected my spirituality from religion, because I realized my spiritual power and awareness has nothing to do with religion anymore. I divorced religion, but not my spirituality. Kind of pulled the plug from that source. Its been a freeing experience that is " For me"; its my path ,I am not against any one who is on the religion path.

I use the term "Divorce", because religion has long been a part of me , but I want to walk a different path , and be free from its influence. Religion is compelling, but my spirit grows within me and no longer desires religion.

Its been an interesting experience , its like sobering up , but your shadow is still drunk and keeps following you around. I don't need religion any more; its presence in me became a crutch , all these beliefs I no longer agree with , no longer be legs that I walk with.

I can walk alone and see more clearly where my consciousness ; my spirit , is going.
Old 20-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Master

Spirituality is religion without the middle man!

And it allows 'you' to free think - so important in spiritual development. And gather wisdom and insight from a myriad of other sources, equally important for spiritual development.

Don't get me wrong, religion has its place. But I would see it as a stepping stone to something further, rather than a be all and end all.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Spirituality is religion without the middle man!

And it allows 'you' to free think - so important in spiritual development. And gather wisdom and insight from a myriad of other sources, equally important for spiritual development.

Don't get me wrong, religion has its place. But I would see it as a stepping stone to something further, rather than a be all and end all.

I agree, I guess I have stepped beyond religion. Religion limits too many things that I think should be unlimited; like human salvation for one. The destiny of all of humanity is a wide ranging view and consciousness that I can see ; and religion treats that like some kind of" Survival of the Fittest program." And I can't get to that anymore.
Old 20-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Master
I thought religion was like a pair of glasses , to help me see ;

but it was really an elaborate blindfold, and when I took it off , I could see that my spirituality was seriously wounded and crippled.

it got "Manhandled' too much . Too many opinions of people in my head.
Old 20-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Knower

I can totally relate to this...i'm happy for you....your free ....free not to do anything...free to do everything.....happy trails

Love
acorn
Old 21-10-2016, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn
I can totally relate to this...i'm happy for you....your free ....free not to do anything...free to do everything.....happy trails

Love
acorn

Thank you. When things get a different kind of heavy , you know ,the kind that begins to weight you down, then your being stagnated or too controlled. Too manipulated in the mind especially. How do you know your not in the right thing? That there's something wrong with the grove ; it does not fit. You can't force the fit anymore. Well your growing out of it. Your growing out of the relationship, the tide of your path is changing. The language is changing. The purpose is evolving.

Its time for you to go outside. Get some air ;; and don't go back in. The marriage is over , the job is over , the friendship is over , your involvement with this religion is over; your time has come to walk outside the doors of a Now your going to be different that all those who must stay church. Some you loved , some you walked with , some are friends, others think your loosing your mind.

You have to disconnect. Pull the plug.

Now the question becomes will you still receive power? Will your power wane , or will it burst out and fire into stunningly new directions? Or will it do both? You break off slow , and just slowly pick up pace. But will you survive the separation?

Will you now look more forward that back? Now I know I am disconnected ,because I receive more power into my conscious spirit , by breaking away. By this I know my journey heads right.
Old 21-10-2016, 05:34 AM
Suspended
Master

One morning, a boy missed church to watch the sunrise. Afterward, he prayed to God for forgiveness. God answered him, "My son, I don't know who built that church, but it was I who made the sunrise."
Old 21-10-2016, 05:39 AM
Deactivated Account

I came across many paradigm shifts on my spiritual journey, which made me rethink and reshape my previous beliefs many, many times.
Old 21-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm in a similar place now. I was religious growing up and found a lot of comfort in it so as an adult I go through phases of desiring it, but I think that stems from a need for familiarity and belonging. It is only when I tap into my inner spirituality that I realise I don't need an artificial kind of belonging because I already belong to all of it.

I agree that religion has its place; it's a stepping stone for those who desire structure and ritual and perhaps belonging/familiarity like I did, but eventually one outgrows the need for it.
Old 21-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Master
This is similar to the experience I had. I was religious when growing up and in my adulthood I started to drift away from it until I felt I have outgrown it, I want something bigger and allencompassing. I do not miss the communion and belonging one least bit as I am contented with my own company and I also hate rituals.