Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 22-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Equilibrium

Has anyone seen this? I found it a really potent, touching and thought provoking film about the future where emotions are illegal and anyone seen to show any emotion or possess anything that could trigger feeling (books, music, photos etc) will be exterminated. To avoid feeling, people have to inject themselves with a drug to keep emotions at bay. The trouble starts when one of the law enforcers forgets to take the drug and begins to feel for the first time..

It made me aware of just how beautiful our humanity is, both the feelings we experience and the culture, all the stuff that makes us feel alive. It hit home how life would be if none of us ever felt anything, how lifeless and deadening. Feelings are truly Divine!

The film touches on a lot of issues such as religion, war, control, parenting, society and love...

I can't recommend it enough. It will stay with me on many levels.
Old 24-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Naddread

Yes. This is a brilliant movie. Sadly with the emotion-numbing drug culture of modern society it all hits very close to home.

~Naddread~
Old 08-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Guide
Great movie. Plenty of action while still remaining very deep. Gotta love that gun kata scene!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
beansi

Hi
Totally agree! but i have to admit i found 'Blade Runner' at the top of my list esp the ending! love the powerful beginning in Space Oydessy 2001 & 'The Man who fell to Earth was very sad for me.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Master
Love that movie! :)
Old 16-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Kangarus

Yes.

Brilliant movie, that one. I can remember seeing it back when it came out in the theatre. Given 9/11 and all that wasn't long before, it had a good impact on me I think (as opposed to a lot of the John Howard era propaganda then).