Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
purplerose

Does Soul have a gender?

I remember once coming across "soul" as "she" and that somehow felt right to me but I can't find it again. I am working on a translation so would appreciate any comments and references you may have. Thank you
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Ascender
If the soul is the energy of pure love at source then it doesn't have a gender. It seems we choose our gender for the experience of life and experiences on the earthplane.
Also i have read that we have to be balanced.....Male/female......Alpha/omega.

It will be interesting to see what others feel on this subject.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose
I remember once coming across "soul" as "she" and that somehow felt right to me but I can't find it again. I am working on a translation so would appreciate any comments and references you may have. Thank you
Without trying to get into to much detail of the differences between the soul and what we call spirit, the spiritual being, I assume you don't see there any difference, and with this see the possibility of gender.
A soul most defiantly has no gender. Neither has a spiritual being, even so, most would have a preference, leaning toward male or female, when incarnating.
Can and will incarnate in either gender.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Lostgirl

I think soul does but more in the sense if you are male you soul will be male and if you are female your soul will be female....
purplerose

Thank you all - of course, I know soul has no gender, I guess I should have asked whether it is generally referred to as "she", like moon is she and sun is he (..the moon is a harsh mistress..)
purplerose

thank you, falling star, they agree with you (see the answers to my first entry right above).
Of course, I know soul has no gender, I guess I should have asked whether it is generally referred to as "she", like moon is she and sun is he (..the moon is a harsh mistress..)
Animus27

Male and female are only biologically needed so a species can reproduce. A soul/spirit/whatever has no need to reproduce. Thus in spirit, male and female as we know it is completely unneeded.

But souls do have within them the masculine and feminine energy, yin and yang. But neither of those means that they're actual sex as we think of it. Merely forces that represent qualities of the world.

One of the things that helps us understand ourselves and the world is to balance both of those polarities, and not dwell on one end of the spectrum.
Greenslade

I'd go along with Animus on this one, with Spirit/Soul having no gender. Not so much the forces though, more about individual energies - something akin to what purplerose is hinting at. There are traditional (I did say traditional, no stereotyping intended lol) traits that are usually masculine or feminine - such as logic and emotion. To science, both the sun and moon are neither male nor female but if you were going to put them into a body they would be male or female - the moon being female and the sun being male. To anyone who can sense energies, the moon would feel female and the sun male. In many cultures the moon is associated with the female, and I am led to believe (as told by Spiritual females) that females can have a natural affinity with the moon - menstrual cycles being given me. The same would apply to Spirit. Spirit has no gender as such, but if two were standing over your shoulder you could perhaps sense which one was what gender. It's an energy thing, depending on what particular energies are more prominent.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
purplerose

well, we don't need to get into this discussion any further really as I do understand what soul is (I'm working on the translation of a new volume on the "Archetypes of the Soul" series, Hasselmann & Schmolke). I'll have to stick with "it" then. Thanks again for your thoughts so.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose
Thank you all - of course, I know soul has no gender, I guess I should have asked whether it is generally referred to as "she", like moon is she and sun is he (..the moon is a harsh mistress..)
Oh I disagree with that. The Moon is a gentle and nurturing Mistress.
As far as the soul having a gender I would have to agree with the others; there is no gender. It does seem as if we tend to relate with a female aspect or male aspect. The lvies that I have remembered, there has only been two males. That doesn't have any bearing with lives that I have no memory of. I would think that my soul is more feminine. In parellel lives that I have glimpsed while sleeping I am a female also.
But at some point we would have to come to a perfect blending of both female/male energies.