Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-11-2010, 03:20 AM
Master

On this forum, its the divine feminine goddess vibe that is prevalent. That is OK as the majority of society believes in a religiously indoctrinated male god and I really want to see the divine feminine manifest in all of her sensual, magnificent, powerful glory. Its long overdue. But both the ying and yang are important and I see the forum debating these very important topics lately which is great! We ARE moving forward!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Summerland

I absolutely believe in the Goddess, the Gaia, the Divine Femine, the Mother. But to try to relate to other forum members, I use the Source. To me, creation is a feminine goal. I also cringe when the morning prayer comes over the intercom at work. If I can't get out of there before it is said, I substitute Goddess.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Greenslade

I can't figure out why anyone would want to put a dress on consciousness. If God is indeed omnipotent, what we would term as a female trait (like SummerLand's feminine goal of creation) not be a part of Him/Her/It?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:54 AM
White Wolf

Some folks believe that [the male] God and [the female] Goddess are two separate entities / beings anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

White Wolf
Old 04-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Phroggy

A critical part of the mythology is omnipotence, and power is associated with the masculine. The God image is just a reflection of the society that creates it, along with it's values. If the society valued community over competition, compassion over self reliance and heart over mind, the God would be a Goddess.

Campaigning for politically correct word usage in the face of existing social values is pointless. The values are what would need to change.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
A critical part of the mythology is omnipotence, and power is associated with the masculine. The God image is just a reflection of the society that creates it, along with it's values. If the society valued community over competition, compassion over self reliance and heart over mind, the God would be a Goddess.

Campaigning for politically correct word usage in the face of existing social values is pointless. The values are what would need to change.
Yes I agree.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy

Phroggy, why that is one of the nicest things I have ever seen you write!!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Lostgirl

I think its just more accepted religions trying to control and a very old fashioned view that men are better etc etc etc. I think You can believe whatever you like. God can be a woman. Only religions have said that God is a man. Your God can be whatever you want and no one can tell you that its wrong as everyone is entitled to their own views!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:00 PM
abikisses

I prefer Source. Sometimes God slips out too but I still pray to Mother & Father God...

Blessings
Abikisses