Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Greenslade

Why do people make things so complicated?

It has been siad that there was a single consciousness in the Universe, all alone in the night. Then that consciousness did soemthing that changed the Universe forever - it asked a question. "Who Am I?" Then it split itself into two so that it could look at itself. In that moment, Duality and Seperation were born. Another way to find out who You Are is to look at who You Are Not.

Call that consciousness God, believe the story or not or treat it as a metaphor, but if you look closely enough you'll see that same theme echoed over and over. While you walk this Path, you are finding out who You Are and who You Are Not if you choose to look carefully enough.

Now, exchange the word consciousness for God and you have a very uncomplicated answer. Those that choose not to believe in God may well be the ones who are looking at what God Is Not. which in turn tells God who he Is.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

It has been siad that there was a single consciousness in the Universe, all alone in the night. Then that consciousness did soemthing that changed the Universe forever - it asked a question. "Who Am I?" Then it split itself into two so that it could look at itself. In that moment, Duality and Seperation were born. Another way to find out who You Are is to look at who You Are Not.

Call that consciousness God, believe the story or not or treat it as a metaphor, but if you look closely enough you'll see that same theme echoed over and over. While you walk this Path, you are finding out who You Are and who You Are Not if you choose to look carefully enough.

Now, exchange the word consciousness for God and you have a very uncomplicated answer. Those that choose not to believe in God may well be the ones who are looking at what God Is Not. which in turn tells God who he Is.

That is excellent! Wow....thanks.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi Honza!

I will prove you that the belief in a father God is not good for self development

When you think of a father God there may be several reasons:

1. You love him as a friend
2. You are dependent on him (like a child)
3. You fear him

Are there more possibilities? Of course there is gratitude but you may be grateful to a friend or a father. So it is included in (1) or (2)

In my opinion (2) and (3) are not healthy. Are they?

So we are left with (1)

Can you love father God as a friend?

3dnow

There actually are far more possibilities than you realise.

You can love father God as reality Himself. You can love Him as a provider - which is similar to gratitude which you mentioned.

You can love Him OR Her as a lover or husband/wife.

You can love Him for the simple reason that you do not want to dwell upon yourself - for selflessness.

You can love Him to lose yourself in unconditional reality.

You can love Him out of passion for life.

You can love Him out of being in love with love.

You can love Him so that you have someone to share with - a community sort of thing. A sociable sort of thing.

You can love Him to KNOW Him. To know God.

You can love Him for the RELATIONSHIP with reality.

etc. etc.

I get a lot out of my relationship with and worship of God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
To think one is the All and has created all of that, and then not being able to answer simple questions, is pure arrogance.

That made me laugh because I'm old I think.
I can't wait when one day you open or are somehow made aware
of the Divine Romance.
Arrogance? Uh-uh, that's not what it is.

But, you did ans a ques I asked you on another thread.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Quote:

It has been said that there was a single consciousness in the Universe, all alone in the night. Then that consciousness did soemthing that changed the Universe forever - it asked a question. "Who Am I?" Then it split itself into two so that it could look at itself. In that moment, Duality and Seperation were born. Another way to find out who You Are is to look at who You Are Not.

Applause emoticon placed here.
instead.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That made me laugh because I'm old I think.
I can't wait when one day you open or are somehow made aware
of the Divine Romance.
Arrogance? Uh-uh, that's not what it is.

But, you did ans a ques I asked you on another thread.
Well, good it made you laugh.
I don't really understand what you're trying to bring here.
Divine romance? This is about God..

Yes. It's arrogant to think we are the All, have created the All and so forth. Especially when the simplest questions can't be answered, it's arrogant to think we are God.
And at the same time it's bizarre to think there is a separate God creating and monitoring the world. Just my thoughts, I don't feel like clinging to one of these two beliefs.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Don't think help, just help. Don't think peace, be peace.

Ooo, I like that.

Miss Hepburn

Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Well, good it made you laugh.
I don't really understand what you're trying to bring here.
Divine romance? This is about God..

I understand that you don't understand that Divine Romance and God are made
to be in the same sentence. That's ok - we can drop it.
Take care,
Miss Hepburn

Old 03-11-2010, 06:18 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There actually are far more possibilities than you realise.

You can love father God as reality Himself. You can love Him as a provider - which is similar to gratitude which you mentioned.

You can love Him for the simple reason that you do not want to dwell upon yourself - for selflessness.

You can love Him so that you have someone to share with - a community sort of thing. A sociable sort of thing.

etc. etc.

I get a lot out of my relationship with and worship of God.

OK

3dnow
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Master
[quote=Honza]There actually are far more possibilities than you realise.

etc. etc.

I get a lot out of my relationship with and worship of God.[/quote]

Nice :) Me too...Now for those who read literally & think you are anthropomorphising God...(which I do not...I understand it is 9 parts awe & 1 part literary convention)...you may substitute God [or other name of God] for "Him" and get around this.

But nonethless...nice post.

Peace & blessings,
7L