Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Master
why do some people not *want* God to be God?

I've noticed that some people genuinely do not seem to *want* God to be God. It is like they do not want a heavenly mother and father.

Why is that?

I understand that acceptance of ones own divinity is important, but why should that interefere with Gods divinity?

I have a firm belief in God. I have strong FAITH. I worship God and love Him. Yet I can also accept that I am an equal part of God and that I am God in my own right. I have BOTH!

But why some people insist that there is no heavenly mother or father I do not know. To me God is my Father. He is reality and He has the last word. He is sovereign over me. I bow down to Him.

Why can't other people accept that? Why DENY God is real?

I believe in an outer God and an inner God. BOTH.

Some people just believe in an inner God, but not an outer one. But it is also true that some people believe in an outer God and not an inner one.

That is still a residue from the DUALITY implicit in life.

I think that to believe I AM, but not to believe in God is unhealthy. It can also be dangerous - hence the story of Satan.

Please explain yourselves - those who do not believe in God. WHY?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Master
There is no God out there to be God, where on earth is he ?, you seem to be confused with the Reality of God and a personal God, it sounds as if you need a god as a pet lol.

Last edited by psychoslice : 01-11-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Deactivated Account
I believe in a Source of all things, of which I am a part. But I'm afraid the concept of a Father or Mother God doesn't work for me.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I don't believe in God because there is no evidence for his existence. I also see all Gods, Goddesses and enlightened/holy figures as cultural phenomena. Every culture/religion has different beliefs, which are shaped by the society, climate and environment they live in. I try to look at it universally, which is why I reject common religious notions about God but I also reject powerpuff-butterfly New Agey ideas about Gods and oneness.

I think it's ok though for people to believe in a higher 'father' God. It can make people humble. The universe is huge, and we have a small body on a small planet in our tiny solar system, and our galaxy is one of many galaxies out there. To think one is the All and has created all of that, and then not being able to answer simple questions, is pure arrogance.

I only accept what I know to be true and universal. I know little and that doesn't scare me, it means life is always a continuous journey.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 AM
3dnow

Believing a father or mother God is childish IMHO. Not good for personal development. This is not how true self is I think. This is a sort of domination/submission relationship. This is not good. We are not dominated. We are loved. True love and compassion.

Especially if you believe this father is judging you (even subconsciously) then you are in trouble.

There are superior beings in my opinion. In my journey they help me to be free of this domination relationship. No one wants to dominate you.

By domination I mean, thinking of God, desiring his appreciation constantly in your every action. LOVE AND FORGIVE YOURSELF despite whatever a father God would think of you. To me this is freedom. This is important because you cannot find your true self without loving and forgiving yourself.

If you still believe in a father God, believe he wants you free. Otherwise he is not God because this is your nature: free.

3dnow

Last edited by 3dnow : 01-11-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
I think that to believe I AM, but not to believe in God is unhealthy. It can also be dangerous - hence the story of Satan.

religion is the opium of the people
belief in god is a form of addiction

Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Ivy

Quote:
I've noticed that some people genuinely do not seem to *want* God to be God. It is like they do not want a heavenly mother and father.

Why is that?

I understand that acceptance of ones own divinity is important, but why should that interefere with Gods divinity?

I have a firm belief in God. I have strong FAITH. I worship God and love Him. Yet I can also accept that I am an equal part of God and that I am God in my own right. I have BOTH!

But why some people insist that there is no heavenly mother or father I do not know. To me God is my Father. He is reality and He has the last word. He is sovereign over me. I bow down to Him.

Why can't other people accept that? Why DENY God is real?

I believe in an outer God and an inner God. BOTH.

Some people just believe in an inner God, but not an outer one. But it is also true that some people believe in an outer God and not an inner one.

That is still a residue from the DUALITY implicit in life.

I find it a strange question to ask why dont I believe in god, because belief (in terms of god) is something that you feel...not something that you believe in because of this or that reason. Its not an intellectual pursuit.

So I dont believe in god as mother/father figure, simply because I dont feel god that way. So why is that unhealthy????
Old 01-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There is no God out there to be God, where on earth is he ?, you seem to be confused with the Reality of God and a personal God, it sounds as if you need a god as a pet lol.

Or a teddy bear..

What did you name yours robbie?

x daz x
Old 01-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:

Why DENY God is real?

?

Hi Honza

I would say denial of God and the self are the same In a way.

People need to realize the God-self, belief alone doesn't cut It for all.

Once an Individual has realized...their cannot be denial.

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 01-11-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Master
That I agree with.

It's hard to explain God other than as One or Is, or yes, Source. But we are all individuated aspects of God. And that is the source of our recognition of our mutual humanity (& mutual sentience) apart from any other affiliations.

BTW I always liked the Native American term Great Spirit :)
That's a good one.

Well...seems there are many reasons why the idea of Source or Great Spirit is not acknowledged...but they usually have to do with material "idols" &/or a lack of humility...it happens, LOL...

Also, if you need to control or dehumanise others, then recognising the God in them works against more mundane purposes...

Peace,
7L

Last edited by 7luminaries : 01-11-2010 at 04:54 PM.