Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
These replies are all very well, which people have given me, but I feel a bit skeptical about them. Its very easy to feel carefree when one is happy. But when the trouble starts one feels a need for answers.

It feels as though people are saying "Answers! explainations! what? Theres no need for them old boy....they only clutter the mind. Relax, let go, the mind will never be happy anyway".

Which has an element of truth to it, but its not the whole story. I find it a bit blaze. There is nothing *wrong* with wanting an answer.

I'm made to feel a bit of an idiot because I'm asking for one.

Very well most of us here are happy with 'no explaination' and 'no answer'. I'm not sure that is true for me.

Each to their own.

honza, your mind is your mind
your choices are your choices
your life is your life
your feelings are your feelings

nobody makes you feel like you feel.

When I answered this post, it was simply because the title included me by using the words 'we need'. You are not an idiot for recognising Your need, but must I have the same needs for you to realise that.
Old 31-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
when trouble comes, most of the questions that arise are in the form of "why's". why me?

these questions arise because of some basic beliefs and assumptions held . e g when trouble comes, there is an assumption and a belief that there is a supreme being that supposed to look after you. thus the demand for explanation when things are not going smoothy

That is very astute, Hybrid. I think that a lot of people have an idea of a supreme being who is *supposed* to look after them. Like a big parent. I think the process of letting go of this big 'father figure' (God) and becoming ones own God is tremendously difficult.

It is a huge step - one which I am having difficulty in taking. But I do recognise the need to do so. It is the ultimate act of ones adulthood and maturity in my opinion.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Phroggy

Quote:
when trouble comes, most of the questions that arise are in the form of "why's". why me?

these questions arise because of some basic beliefs and assumptions held . e g when trouble comes, there is an assumption and a belief that there is a supreme being that supposed to look after you. thus the demand for explanation when things are not going smoothy

Yeah, that sounds about right, like life should be fair or at least understandable so's I can control it.
Old 31-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Master
But back to my original point about having an explaination of God/Reality. A few hundred years ago we had far less explainations for the natural world then we have now. Biology and Chemistry and Physics were very basic in their understanding.

I suspect that our present understanding of METAPHYSICS is a bit basic now. That in a few hundred years we will have much greater understanding and actually have some concrete spiritual explainations - WHICH MAKE SENSE!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Master
Quote:
But back to my original point about having an explaination of God/Reality. A few hundred years ago we had far less explainations for the natural world then we have now. Biology and Chemistry and Physics were very basic in their understanding.

I suspect that our present understanding of METAPHYSICS is a bit basic now. That in a few hundred years we will have much greater understanding and actually have some concrete spiritual explainations - WHICH MAKE SENSE!

yes since spirituality and metaphysics spring from the same reality
Old 31-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
That is very astute, Hybrid. I think that a lot of people have an idea of a supreme being who is *supposed* to look after them. Like a big parent. I think the process of letting go of this big 'father figure' (God) and becoming ones own God is tremendously difficult.

It is a huge step - one which I am having difficulty in taking. But I do recognise the need to do so. It is the ultimate act of ones adulthood and maturity in my opinion.

the belief in god is no different from a drug addiction or any other addiction for that matter.

as long as we are believing ( taking the drugs). everything is well, you're on top of the world, very assured secure and confident clam and peaceful.

if this stimulus (stop believing) is denied, then the withdrawal symptoms set in, you become paranoid . suddenly an imaginary evil thing dedicated to destroy your life comes lurking and you have no protection against it. then you become anxious, fearful irritated.

once you believe in god again, all of the sudden you feel protected and all is well again.

Old 31-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
Yeah, that sounds about right, like life should be fair or at least understandable so's I can control it.

yes it gives the "I" a false sense of security.
for most people though this is enough.
a nice belief is a very soft pillow to sleep upon comfortably.......

Old 31-10-2010, 04:23 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
Why do you think that understanding or choosing is about control? i'm actually curious, i've seen Andrew post the same belief, and i don't get the connection.. i understand how it 'can' be about control, but you guys make it seem like it's inherent, and i don't get that..

Be well..
Old 31-10-2010, 04:30 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I think the trouble itself is the need for an answer. I, for one, am not saying its easy to let go of the want for answers though.
It's funny that you say that, when i'm experiencing from 'stillness' there's just a very simple but intense curiosity, not like a question that needs answering.. the curiosity is continuous, no room for an 'answer' or even a 'need'.. later, when contemplating the recollections of the experiences in 'stillness', answers seem to appear.. not from need, more like an organic process.. a little difficult to articulate..

Be well..
Old 31-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Phroggy

Quote:
yes it gives the "I" a false sense of security.
for most people though this is enough.
a nice belief is a very soft pillow to sleep upon comfortably.......

Agreed, though the energy it takes to maintain the illusion can be enormous. Lots of questions have to be ignored or explained away, and when times are tough, some sort of 'faith reinforcement' is needed to avert a crisis of belief.

Delusions are like women; they can be pretty to look at but very high maintenance. (That one was for Lisa. Hehe.)