Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
So can you at least tell us if it has something to do with Teddy bears??
Yes you must become as the teddy bear, no mind, just silence lol.
Old 30-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
In the end we are all a bit ignorant of the "real" truth. We are in the dark. We look for the light and we see glimmers; but no one really KNOWS the truth.

Questions like "why did God/I start creation?"

"how is it all going to end?"

"to what extent am I God?"

"who is everybody else?"

remain unanswered....and there are a *lot* more unanswered questions.

So what we really ALL desperately *need* is an EXPLAINATION which will put our mind at rest.

We have no real explaination as to *why* we are here, or where we are going. We have to GUESS. It is all a big mystery.

If anything, we have too many explainations which all contradict each other....sigh.

Who is that royal WE that haunts me so ;-)

I dont feel any need or want for explanations.

I enjoy the exploration and discovery.

I dont feel insecure or ill at ease.

An explanation is a heavy bag to carry...lots of contradictory explanations must be like being weighed down in concrete.

Explanations simply fill in the holes with cotton wool.....so people can imagine theyve found something more than nothing...Love in emptiness...others in oneness...etc etc

Theyre not meant to be truth, learning or explanations are only band aids, not healing
Old 30-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Master
Quote:
So what we really ALL desperately *need* is an EXPLAINATION which will put our mind at rest.

what can put the mind to rest is not explanation, no amount of explanation can put the mind to rest.

Old 30-10-2010, 03:14 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Existence is something we need to accept but is not something we will ever understand (except by living it)?
What else could one accept other than existence?
What is so difficult to understand about it?

Life is like the ladder to the chicken coop.
Long, steep and full of s**t.
Old 30-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Master
These replies are all very well, which people have given me, but I feel a bit skeptical about them. Its very easy to feel carefree when one is happy. But when the trouble starts one feels a need for answers.

It feels as though people are saying "Answers! explainations! what? Theres no need for them old boy....they only clutter the mind. Relax, let go, the mind will never be happy anyway".

Which has an element of truth to it, but its not the whole story. I find it a bit blaze. There is nothing *wrong* with wanting an answer.

I'm made to feel a bit of an idiot because I'm asking for one.

Very well most of us here are happy with 'no explaination' and 'no answer'. I'm not sure that is true for me.

Each to their own.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Master
I think the trouble itself is the need for an answer. I, for one, am not saying its easy to let go of the want for answers though.
Old 30-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Portto

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I think the trouble itself is the need for an answer. I, for one, am not saying its easy to let go of the want for answers though.

Good one, Andrew!
Old 30-10-2010, 04:54 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
But when the trouble starts one feels a need for answers.

It feels as though people are saying "Answers! explainations! what? Theres no need for them old boy....they only clutter the mind. Relax, let go, the mind will never be happy anyway".

Which has an element of truth to it, but its not the whole story. I find it a bit blaze. There is nothing *wrong* with wanting an answer.

Yes, we are human, and as such we sometimes have questions, serious questions. It is a bit late today to enter into a conversation but I'll apply my mind.
Old 30-10-2010, 05:25 PM
abikisses

We are all living truth or... we are all truth living.

My opinion!

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 30-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
These replies are all very well, which people have given me, but I feel a bit skeptical about them. Its very easy to feel carefree when one is happy. But when the trouble starts one feels a need for answers.

Very well most of us here are happy with 'no explaination' and 'no answer'. I'm not sure that is true for me.

Each to their own.

when trouble comes, most of the questions that arise are in the form of "why's". why me?

these questions arise because of some basic beliefs and assumptions held . e g when trouble comes, there is an assumption and a belief that there is a supreme being that supposed to look after you. thus the demand for explanation when things are not going smoothy

Last edited by hybrid : 30-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.