Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-10-2010, 08:10 AM
chinu

What is the difference...... ?

What is the difference between normal person & spiritual personalities like jesus, buddha, muhammed etc...

As we see we will find that their lifes were full of sacrifices,
But! we people are enjoying & living our lifes beautifully

Can anbody through light ?
Old 27-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinu
What is the difference between normal person & spiritual personalities like jesus, buddha, muhammed etc...

As we see we will find that their lifes were full of sacrifices,
But! we people are enjoying & living our lifes beautifully

Can anbody through light ?

Hi chinu

We are all the same..

Although as Individuals some are more In touch with who they are..

x daz x
Old 27-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Master
Maybe they should have enjoyed their life a bit more, then they would have been truly Awaken. We have to stop shoving these god men up on pedestals and thinking we can never be where they are, we are all Enlightened, you just got to Realize it.
Old 30-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
...We have to stop shoving these god men up on pedestals and thinking we can never be where they are, we are all Enlightened, you just got to Realize it.
It seems that way.
You know the phrase, "Nobody's Perfect." (so, who is "Nobody?" )
Lately, I've been thinking about the family life of Jesus & Siddhartha (Buddha).
We don't know much about Jesus... but the story goes that his disciples left their nets & families to follow him (so it may be assumed that Jesus likely left his family too maybe?)
We know that Siddhartha left his family to gain enlightenment.
I find this less than encouraging, as a mother. I've heard that, "No success can compensate for failure in the home (family)."
Still, I appreciate the good that Jesus & Siddhartha did... & those who recorded what they remembered of them.
Old 30-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Ivy

I feel that being looked up to is a lesson in itself...and we have these stories to reflect upon the wisdom as well as the human imperfections of these people.

Perspective.....you cant really judge those peoples actions from a modern day perspective. To look at their choice to leave their families from an historical and cultural point of view it could look very different x
Old 01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
Perspective.....you cant really judge those peoples actions from a modern day perspective. To look at their choice to leave their families from an historical and cultural point of view it could look very different x
Yes, their teachings contributed to a major shift in perspective - or consciousness.
Also, to judge anyone conclusively is ridiculous since we only know a small part of a much bigger picture.
Maybe I'm sensitive to this because as a full-time mom & wife (in a struggling marriage), I feel that "enlightenment" is only for those who have the time & ability for solitude, which I don't have very often. Sometimes I feel discouraged - as if I should be perfect, when I'm juggling poopy diapers, constant noise, dirty floors that get dirty as soon as I clean them... bla bla bla
Ok I'll stop complaining - I'm richly blessed, especially for those in my life... & I feel lucky to be a full-time mom, since this time while my kids are young is so temporary & precious.

Still, sometimes when I consider the lives of Jesus or Buddha, I feel for their family that they left behind. I realize their outcast/going solo lives may be encouraging in some ways, but discouraging in other ways.

Thanks for bearing with my venting.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Suspended

I am a strong believer in reincarnation. I believe that a time a lifetime will come for all of us to live a life solely dedicated to the Great work. And it isn't something that comes through pushing, shoving, forcing making changes in one's life so to create room for that kind of life it is something an inclination that is natural and that one innately knows and understands uncompromisingly that that is why he is here for and I feel that is what's up with these guys buddha and Jesus. The are drawn to this kind of life and nothing temporal will stop them from pursuing that life the eternal life...Be not be disenchanted. Perhaps thy destiny for this life is right where you are or is it? :)