Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Master

Sitting to ap

Hi all, does anyone try to astral project sitting with their back against a wall or sitting in an upright chair, not half lying down? I have been wondering for a long time. If you get used to sitting that may be better than lying down as you may likely to be more aware on a regular basis.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Guide

Works too, happens from time to time in deeper meditation. Just asking why you might think it's better? Maybe astral projecting on the plane, bus or in a boring lecture?
Old 07-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Master
suzy... As I understand it if sitting up works better for you then it does. The only issue would be if your head isn't supported it may fall and bring you back into the body.

~ ~

Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Master

Thanks for your replies.
I am going to try both, sitting and lying down. When I am sitting I have to make more of an effort to forget that it does not feel as comfortable as lying down does. My mind has to be relaxed sitting or lying down. If my mind is not relaxed it does not work. That is how it is for me. Getting back to sitting, I do make sure when I sit that I have neck support. I do not want my neck to flop down when I am relaxing or my head higher up than it should be, otherwise I get a sore neck.
I think it would be better if you can astral project sitting as you are more aware when it is time to go out of your body. If you miss that moment when you could go out of your body, you end up asleep. I know you have to try to stay aware when you are sitting as you can still fall asleep.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Master
It could work but I think it would require more skill of relaxation and entering Trance state. That's why it takes Buddhist monks months if not years to enter Trance state, they take their time with it and use a seated/sitting up stance. I think that it is very beneficial in the long run, it just takes more time and practice to make it a viable position. If you get good at it you have far less of a chance of falling asleep.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:59 AM
b3yond33

I agree astralsuzy, that it would be better and one would be more aware when it's time, if they project while sitting. The problem when I try this though, is that it's hard to stay comfortable/relaxed for a really long time, which is what one needs to do in order to go OOB.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Master

Thanks for that Astral Explorer. I hope it will not take years. I do practice meditation by sitting in a chair but I am not trying to ap. I practice sahaja yoga meditation. I enjoy sitting and quieting my mind. It is very peaceful and relaxing.
b3yond33 you are right. It is a lot harder to stay relaxed for a long time. As I said I will practice both ways to ap. I will not expect anything to happen. I think by expecting something to happen can make ap not to happen.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Master
You are right suzy, if you are expecting it to happen you typically will just get yourself frustrated and nothing will happen. My first couple projections all happened when I least expected them to, once I surrendered myself to relaxation and expected nothing more than a pleasant meditation session.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Master
You are right, suzy... meditation to develop spiritual awareness is different from practicing for ap. What they have in common is concentration beyond the physical world, although the aim is not the same.

~ ~

Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Master

Xan I am going to take your advice what you said many months ago. I am going to forget about sitting up trying to ap as it is too hard. It gets too uncomfortable. Perhaps some people can do it but I am not able to. Your advice was to count. That is the best thing to do. Counting is a way to keep your mind alert. When I start to forget to count then I know I am falling asleep. I can wake up and start again. I will keep practicing. I feel confident it will work, it has before, I just have to be determined for it to work.