Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 22-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Administrator
Your Partner and Your Parnter

Hello

Wondering if anyone else shares in that place of "Partner and Partner" in a relationship.

Now what I mean by this as most likely the title got you interested is that your life partner is also your business partner. Its an interesting balance that one keeps in play as the roles are different.

Me and Heart own our own company and we too are married partners that share raising my three kids that are now his three "teens". We get on very well as a family and life is bliss.

Heart is well used to running his own business when he was in England, doing it all himself. Now that we both have the business here, we are learning to do things as a "team" as the work load is too much for the one person to keep a handle on.

In its like wearing two hats that are both on you head at the same time as the business is run from the home.

We are finding that we are both "set in our ways" and that letting go is no easy for Heart in letting things flow onto me. It is yet another interesting path we explore.

Share your working experiences where you have not "murdered" the other person

Lynn
Old 24-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Knower
Hello Lynn - this is something my ex-husband and I did for 20 years. We were both 'fixed' signs/personalities (Taurus and Scorpio) so we definitely butted heads at times, but those same determined qualities worked for us as well in that neither was eager to give up on any shared project. In this way, we were fabulous co-creators. Manifested incredible abundance on all fronts, except one - our sense of individuality and/or personal mystery. Because we were together night and day, we became so enmeshed in our little world of two (plus two children, who came later) we could no longer see ourselves outside of the other. I cannot stress enough how important it is to build in some space between you. People used to tell me this, but I thought they simply didn't comprehend how fantastic our lifestyle was. We built our own little world, and it WAS incredible, until the day it wasn't. We still share a deep, almost otherworldly friendship full of unconditional love, but are no longer 'lovers'. Because of ALL those hours and years as business partners, butting heads and making personal concessions in turns (because both people cannot be the leader at once, even if both have leadership qualities) our rapport became more and more cerebral, intellectual - less and less romantic. This is also because there was no intrugue left, no mystery - and though even through all that we still found things to talk about outside of business and home life for hours each day (e.g. Politics, spirituality, psychology, art, etc) we stopped 'living' separate 3D life experiences. Imagine the day when you can no longer ask, "How was your day?" because you already know. So, yes - it can work! But do keep some separate friends, separate hobbies - and give those things equal priority.

As far as working together, I'll repeat - there cannot be two leaders at the same time. If it is his business, you may have to fold yourself in as a supportive role and go with his flow. Do not become a doormat - offer your much needed strength and opinions - but someone has to be in charge or things will stagnate business wise. My partner and I made incredible money, and I cannot regret that, but the cost was high. That's just one person's observations. If it doesn't resonate with you, no worries. We all have different perspectives/personalities/abilities.

Best wishes to you! Feel free to contact me in this thread of privately if you want to chat further.
Old 27-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I think it depends. Generally it is probably not good for your relationship. If you are in the same shop all day, you won't feel much attraction for each other at the end of the day. If however everyone has his very well defined area and you don't see each other much during the day it can work. Basically as said before. No space means no attraction.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:24 AM
Seeker
I truly believe that you will find the one you love by doing what you love.
So naturally you are attracted to people who love doing the same like you (co-workers etc.).
I think it's beautiful
Old 03-04-2017, 05:13 AM
Experiencer

Hi Lynn,

I see my parents as partner and partner.
They are inseparable after so many hardships and trials they have gone through.
They always support each other and still stayed so loving and caring through the years.

At 79, both the same age, my mother still feels jealousy when women show motives or have a crush on my father and she's very vocal about it but she always expresses that on a funny joke which makes us the family and friends laugh and admire them.

On the business side, my mother is a Certified Public Accountant who takes care of the accounting side and my father who grew up selling candies, wax and anything just to get through college and worked as a salesman really very charming who captures his clients and ladies of all ages. . He 's the one who taught us to become business minded, so since childhood, they involved us in sales and accounting as our fall back skills that may help us in the future.

Anyway, my father is very romantic with my mother until this day and she still shivers to the bone when she confides to me and ask for advice ( funny but true ) even during their business talk they express love, sometimes I feel diabetic on their sweetness.

The good thing here, is to express love wherever and whenever. Little gestures and thoughtfulness really bond people together.

Of course there are tough times, but they taught us not to let a day pass without resolving the issues so coffee always start the heart to heart talk.