Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Molearner

Love is the only way.
Old 23-05-2018, 07:00 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How do you know that 95% are not true????? Can you name the 5% which you deem to be true please, I would be intereted to know.

Any teaching and serving a non existent trinity god are 100% false religion. I didnt say 5% were true--- Jesus is with ONE religion. one truth--all become one under God and his son--1Cor 1:10= no division. a worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace and thought.
Old 23-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Any teaching and serving a non existent trinity god are 100% false religion. I didnt say 5% were true--- Jesus is with ONE religion. one truth--all become one under God and his son--1Cor 1:10= no division. a worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace and thought.

Read your post
You said,
" The Jesus being taught in 95% of all religion claiming to be christian is not the real Jesus "
95% not real leaves 5% out or your 100 so I ask again, How do you know and the 5% left must be real, so who are the real ?????
Old 24-05-2018, 01:06 AM
boshy b. good

I think aswell jesus opens up the chance from
above, we, just got to build our house above it.
Old 24-05-2018, 09:19 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Read your post
You said,
" The Jesus being taught in 95% of all religion claiming to be christian is not the real Jesus "
95% not real leaves 5% out or your 100 so I ask again, How do you know and the 5% left must be real, so who are the real ?????

5% arent real--One religion has Jesus, unified as one--living now to do Jesus Fathers will-Matthew 7:21-- The others have many errors in place. They dont do Jesus Fathers will.
Old 25-05-2018, 05:15 AM
Master
Quote:
5% arent real--One religion has Jesus, unified as one--living now to do Jesus Fathers will-Matthew 7:21-- The others have many errors in place. They dont do Jesus Fathers will.

Yes I noticed jw's are extremely judgemental, I wonder why.
Old 25-05-2018, 06:17 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Yes I noticed jw's are extremely judgemental, I wonder why.

The bible has made clear who is who and what is what. The bible has judged allready.
Old 25-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
The bible has made clear who is who and what is what. The bible has judged allready.

The bible is a set of stories, it makes 0 clear. How can stories written on paper judge
Old 25-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
The bible is a set of stories, it makes 0 clear. How can stories written on paper judge

Lol, i'd agree, I'm a Christian and I love the Bible but bloody hell it is most definitely not clear. For every passage you can find one that seemingly says the opposite. The first 3 years of my journey it frustrated the hell out of me. Even now I understand most people pick the bits they like and disregard the rest.

I tend to base my life on the NT as that at least follows on and is consistent start to end. The NT and the OT you could be forgiven for thinking it was talking about two very different Gods. I would not recognise or want to worship the sort of God some parts the OT speaks about. But as you say, it is likely metaphors to explain an alternative meaning, which has been lost but many come up with explanations and argue they're correct. It's exhausting.

I tend to think of the OT as being judgemental and hateful, and then the NT is as if God took a chill pill and is all about Love. I prefer this God. lol. In all seriousness, I put it down to before Jesus bad things had to happen, but because God was of love and allowing bad things to occur hurt him - he came up with the Jesus solution to fix things permanently. The Bible convinces me God is Love. But some, like kjw read it and come away thinking its all doom and gloom...I guess the world would be boring if it was all the same...
Old 25-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Master

Spirited, yes it isn't always clear. Jews would argue it's impossible to even read their bit, the OT, without the oral traditions that go with it, which Christianity doesn't have.
How I see the OT is to remember Israel's view of God was at least partly shaped by ancient city/state theology, it is political and warlike because those ancient city/states were frequently at war and the battles were all or nothing. There has to be some lens put on reading some parts of the OT which is what the oral Torah is about Jews have. Many ways to understand each part
In that film Jesus of Nazareth it ad-libs a discussion between Jesus and some Pharisees, they say to Jesus something like 'if our laws weren't severe we'd never be able to keep our people together' or something like that. Tough to maintain identity in those far off days of warring tribes
Jesus sort of anticipates the modern era of empires taking over from tribal city/states. The world had changed.