Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Pathfinder

How many tries until a successful projection?

Hi guys, I am trying and trying but having no success at the moment doing AP.
Could someone tell me maybe how often they had to try before they had a full body exit or how long it took you to have your first experience?
Old 28-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Seeker

It's different for everybody. I've had AP and OBE experiences since childhood but they've often happened by accident, or I'll be drifting off and realise I'm going into that state and I've followed it through consciously into a full AP.

I think entering into AP through methods where you lie down at some random time of day saying to yourself 'right, I'm gonna go on an astral trip now' is actually pretty difficult. You need to be in a state of mind where you can easily enter into the same kind of brain wave activity you experience during REM, while staying conscious. If you don't mind disturbing your sleep, one option would be to set an alarm timed to roughly when you should naturally be going into an REM sleep cycle, which tend to occur for most people every 90-120 minutes after falling asleep, and when this alarm goes off, instead of just going back to sleep like you normally would, use the same tactics you've been working on for entering AP. Lying on your back might help facilitate this since sleep paralysis and waking dreams (commonly reported as hallucinations, but potentially the beginnings of conscious astral experiences) tend to occur more often when people are lying supine. I'd recommend trying this after you've already been through one REM cycle, so maybe somewhere around three and a half hours. Considering you'll be breaking your sleep pattern, it might be better doing it on a weekend, but that's personal preference of course.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatureoflight
Could someone tell me maybe how often they had to try before they had a full body exit or how long it took you to have your first experience?

there is no set amount of attempts to project lol, it differs for everyone.
when you are ready, you will ap.it took me weeks to finnally projects.
even now, i can project often, but alot of times i just end up falling asleep or loose interest in projection and just doze off.just do anything you can to keep your mind awake and aware while your body falls asleep, set a alarm to wake you about 4-5 hours after you fall asleep, when you wake up, it will be easy to stay alert as your body falls back to sleep.
Old 28-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
I think you have to be willing to really REALLY relax, dutchie. Any mental pressure you put on yourself about it also may hold you back.

My first OBE happened spontaneously. I wasn't even trying. Most of them after that, did. But I found that if I woke way too early, then got up for a while, then went back to lie down, that would often trigger an OBE.

This morning noisy squirrels in my attic woke me at the crack of dawn. I lay relaxed and started to feel the vibrational state (prior to leaving the body) I was just letting that build up when the silly squirrels started rattling around again -rolling some Avocado stone or rock about up there! And I just sprang right back to physical body....

Pity I didn't make it. First on my agenda was shooting up into the attic to give those squirrels a ticking-off! haha

So sometimes if you are wakened too early and simply lie there in total deep relaxation but mind awake, you might find the vibrations start to happen. From there you can 'take off'.
Good luck.
Old 28-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Master
Everybody is different also..The experience would be different for different people. I have had the experience of leaving my body but that was really conditioning for a different kind of astral projection.

The way I do it now is subtle and I project in a pretty subconscious way but I get things done. Often in your dreams you are participating in activities that take place in dreamland and you can be interacting with real people and places. It isn't as dramatic that way but it is effective.
Old 28-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I think you have to be willing to really REALLY relax, dutchie. Any mental pressure you put on yourself about it also may hold you back.

My first OBE happened spontaneously. I wasn't even trying. Most of them after that, did. But I found that if I woke way too early, then got up for a while, then went back to lie down, that would often trigger an OBE.

This morning noisy squirrels in my attic woke me at the crack of dawn. I lay relaxed and started to feel the vibrational state (prior to leaving the body) I was just letting that build up when the silly squirrels started rattling around again -rolling some Avocado stone or rock about up there! And I just sprang right back to physical body....

Pity I didn't make it. First on my agenda was shooting up into the attic to give those squirrels a ticking-off! haha

So sometimes if you are wakened too early and simply lie there in total deep relaxation but mind awake, you might find the vibrations start to happen. From there you can 'take off'.
Good luck.

yeah, i agree, you have to be relaxed, with many of the methods i have stated before in older post like visuals and such, they acually relax you enough for projection.its awsome cause you dont have to try or focus on relaxing, relaxing is like a side effect of deep visualzations, it comes natural.

i am so good at inducing vibrations now, literally every night, as i lay there, i just let everything go, i dont think about anything, i just lay there and observe, along with putting myself in a peacefull and happy state of mind, i find that i almost instantly reach the vibration state.once i hit the vibration state, visuals become so vivid and clear, i just picture something like a tree or a car, and boom, i can see every detail in amazing detail.some nights ill project with no problem, while other nights ill lay there in the vibration state for like 2 hours and end up getting tired of waiting, my body starts craving to roll over so bad, i just decide to just give up, roll over and go to sleep.i think the reason i fail to project at times is due to my mind becoming active before i exit my body.some nights, my mind just wont calm down, its very stuborn at times lol.

even though i can project using multiple methods, i still find that the best and easiest way for me to project is to stay awake for a very long time, to the point where i simply cant stay awake any longer.once i reach this state, its amazing how easy ap comes, i literally dont have to do anything.
all i do is lay down, almost instantly as i hit the bed, i feel this sinking sensation, i just let myself sink and observe the sensation, before i know it, im out my body.
Old 29-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by creatureoflight

Hi creatureoflight,

The method that I stumbled upon was quite accidental, but I discovered that it helped if I used it when I specifically intended to AP.

The mind has to be alert, but the body physically exhausted. So, prior to going to bed, do something physically exhausting so the physical body seeks to sleep and recover, BUT do something that will keep your mind alert.

I drank some coffee about an hour before going to bed, not realizing that it would keep me awake when I really wanted to sleep. My body was exhausted from painting my garage in 90 degree heat. Voila! I ap'd and from there, I repeated the procedure.

Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 29-06-2016, 03:12 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by straygod
It's different for everybody. I've had AP and OBE experiences since childhood but they've often happened by accident, or I'll be drifting off and realise I'm going into that state and I've followed it through consciously into a full AP.

I've seen this reported by many individuals who say they experience OBE's/AP - that it started off happening spontaneously and/or during their youth. That it was not something they had consciously planned for or intended to experience. Some of the authors who write about this subject matter report the same....

It seems far fewer are the reports of individuals who never had any such experiences but read about them and then taught/trained themselves to have them...

I tried myself maybe 10-15 times over a period of several months (after reading much literature) and then eventually lost interest. Most activity I experienced was a vibrational state where there was a surge of energy in my eye region and I began to see my immediate surorundings through my closed eyelids (at least it felt like they were closed).

I have had a handful of dream experiences where I suddenly become aware that I'm dreaming and then it's like I try to separate my consciousness (awareness) from my body and become 'stuck'... This happened once within the dream itself (got stuck but had 360 degree awareness/vision) and once where I was semi-conscious of sleeping in my bed and trying to 'roll out' of my body...

At this point, I'm comfortable with not experiencing AP... I don't feel like it's something that I need to experience give my spiritual path/journey thus far... I'm sure it would have been quite interesting though. I did have an involuntary OBE though one night a couple years ago - that was a peculiar incident...