Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Master
. Returning to the heart is returning to the self. The viewer cannot be viewed.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:36 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Interesting about gravity. It's funny, because when I feel most in my heart, gravity is absent - there is only freedom, and openness.

Seriously.
Will you please describe what you mean when you use the term 'heart'?.. Thanks.. I experience "only freedom and openness", too.. it is when i let go of conceptual attachments, like "poetic gestures" (thanks, Gem.. a nicely descriptive phrase).. i experience 'freedom and openness' when i am not attached to an ideology that i must pass-off as valid, and when i am free to simply pay attention to what is 'happening'.. without getting tangled-up in what i 'think' is happening..

Be well..
Old 03-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Interesting about gravity. It's funny, because when I feel most in my heart, gravity is absent - there is only freedom, and openness.

Seriously.

Only freedom and openess... very nice... but 'when' indicates the impermanance of this condition and is contradictory to 'only'.

Oh this feeling is such a pleasure I would hold it near in every moment, if only it weren't so fleeting.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
...will you please describe what you mean when you use the term 'heart'?.. Thanks..
That is a rather difficult thing to 'describe' being a place and a feeling somewhat beyond words. I could call it my center of 'Beeling' but I doubt you would be satisfied with that, given your preference against 'poetic gestures'. On second thought, call it a 'descriptive phrase' - that's my description.

Quote:
I experience "only freedom and openness", too.. it is when i let go of conceptual attachments, like "poetic gestures" (thanks, Gem.. a nicely descriptive phrase).. i experience 'freedom and openness' when i am not attached to an ideology that i must pass-off as valid, and when i am free to simply pay attention to what is 'happening'.. without getting tangled-up in what i 'think' is happening...
Yes - that is what I call a 'starting point'. Of course there is not much point in trying to describe to you what happens next, as that would just be 'trying to pass off an ideology as valid' and 'getting tangled-up in what i 'think' is happening' - don't you think?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Only freedom and openess... very nice... but 'when' indicates the impermanance of this condition and is contradictory to 'only'.

Oh this feeling is such a pleasure I would hold it near in every moment, if only it weren't so fleeting.

When I am in San Francisco I have a wonderful time - but it's just as they say: Great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

So does that mean I should never go again, because if I go I know I'll just be coming back?

Perhaps it is better to go nowhere and do nothing - gotta love that false sense of stability....

Old 03-12-2011, 11:58 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
That is a rather difficult thing to 'describe' being a place and a feeling somewhat beyond words. I could call it my center of 'Beeling' but I doubt you would be satisfied with that, given your preference against 'poetic gestures'. On second thought, call it a 'descriptive phrase' - that's my description.

Yes - that is what I call a 'starting point'. Of course there is not much point in trying to describe to you what happens next, as that would just be 'trying to pass off an ideology as valid' and 'getting tangled-up in what i 'think' is happening' - don't you think?
There's hope for you, yet.. Precisely!! 'it' just happens, and what we "think" about it is after the fact, and .. it is a distraction to what 'is' happening while we're 'thinking' about what 'was' happening..

Unnecessary 'thinking' shows up when people 'think' of phrases that are "a rather difficult thing to 'describe' "..

Unnecessary 'thinking' shows up when people 'think' of phrases and quotes that abstract and distract what is 'self-evident'..

Unnecessary 'thinking' shows up when people 'think' of ways to present what is actually very simple, in ways that are difficult to describe, or as 'poetic gestures'.. this is the way of religions, mystics and gurus, shrouding simplicity with 'unnecessary thinking'..

Be well..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Humm

Quote:
...There's hope for you, yet.. Precisely!! 'it' just happens, and what we "think" about it is after the fact, and .. it is a distraction to what 'is' happening while we're 'thinking' about what 'was' happening..

Unnecessary 'thinking' shows up when people 'think' of phrases that are "a rather difficult thing to 'describe' "..

Unnecessary 'thinking' shows up when people 'think' of phrases and quotes that abstract and distract what is 'self-evident'..

Unnecessary 'thinking' shows up when people 'think' of ways to present what is actually very simple, in ways that are difficult to describe, or as 'poetic gestures'.. this is the way of religions, mystics and gurus, shrouding simplicity with 'unnecessary thinking'...
You think so?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
You think so?
I simply acknowledge what 'is'..

Be well..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
When I am in San Francisco I have a wonderful time - but it's just as they say: Great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

So does that mean I should never go again, because if I go I know I'll just be coming back?

Perhaps it is better to go nowhere and do nothing - gotta love that false sense of stability....

Even 'Fisco has Alcatraz, so love is very easy when rose petals fall from the sky, but daily life shows the array of human feelings, of which love is but one jewel, and should one dare express other than divine perfection would not there be be judgement upon his spiritual deficiency?

The clamour surrounds the fallen one who screams despair, while another endures silent sufference completely unoticed, and is found in a small apartment years after their death, where upon people wonder who this person was... but had indifference during their life.

Then, reflecting on such things I happen upon the shallow cliche where people parade their abundant endowment vainly, as one would wave money in the face of the impoverished, however, the one who died unoticed was so quiet they made no impression at all.

The poem pleases my sentiments, but does not distract me, because frisco is a cheap trip such verses take me on, and I enjoy myself floating there, until from the golden gate, Alcatraz serves my morbid facination for the inhumane.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

I do not have any such experience, Xan.. "Heart" and i are one, i cannot return to where i never departed.. i do not distinguish a difference between 'heart' and mind, i sense that level of conceptualization as diversions from clarity, a degree of separation from what 'is'..

Be well..

Diversions for who?

I suggest that if it is a diversion to you, then you just let it pass and move on.

That would promote unity and in unity is there found clarity.

Has this really come down to a war on POV's?

If so, good! Let's use that and see that we all have them and in that we are very much alike. And in that, may the walls of seperateness crumble.
Blessings, James