Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Master
Dulce: ...anytime I think I have found The Unchanging Thing and it changes, I'll just have to go deeper...

Well said, Dulce.

Xan

Old 25-05-2011, 07:07 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
anytime I think I have found The Unchanging Thing and it changes, I'll just have to go deeper. The quest itself is precisely what will force me to let go of ideas and beliefs that prove themselves to be non-existent.
Brilliant!! it is the 'road less traveled', simply because there is no destination.. journey well!

Be well..
Old 26-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Master
It is rather imagined to be unchanging and it's a lovely sentiment the poem expresses.
Old 26-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Master
That there is the unchanging, the eternal, the perfect, may seem only imagined... until one experiences it for themselves.

Xan

Old 27-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
~The things that change are not our real life. - Bawa Muhaiyaddeen, Sufi Master~
Here's another bloke with unresolved issues.
Why do they carry on about this temporal physical existance, claiming it doesn't exist, or it's false, an illusion?
Old 27-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Master
Ah but AC... I don't hear him saying the temporal life doesn't exist... but underneath it all there is a More real life. It can be discovered by anyone.

Xan

Old 27-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Chrystaeos: ...if we can become one or 'have' to become one with 'that Unchanging thing' we are left with the question why it wasn't 'one' in the first place.
It was 'one' in the first place, and more Real than real... we just forgot to notice for a long time.
Now it's coming back to us. "Oh yeah, Now I remember." Xan
Being in a state of 'Real' and then forgetting it does not explain the why's and how's.

Also, would you say that even if one has reached that place, one can still go back to the previous place?

Even that which you consider 'unchanging' may also be changing at some level..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
That there is the unchanging, the eternal, the perfect, may seem only imagined... until one experiences it for themselves.
Xan
As soon as you are back to your thoughtful mind, you translate the experience to words and come up with eternal and perfect..
Old 27-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Master
Chrysaetos: Being in a state of 'Real' and then forgetting it does not explain the why's and how's.

True enough, Chrysaetos. There are many speculations about the why and how of forgetting, but who knows for sure? I spent some years trying to uncover this because I thought it would show me the way back. I finally gave in up in favor of just doing practices that reveal it in my awareness.

Also, would you say that even if one has reached that place, one can still go back to the previous place?

Yes, in the beginning process of awakening we discover the open space of the Real in glimpses and then fall back into our established mind habits. As we continue in our practice and letting go of those habits our glimpses increase until the knowing becomes continuous. Even then there is an ongoing process of deepening and discovery.

I've heard there are those rare ones who get 'sudden enlightenment' but for the rest of us it is gradual.

Even that which you consider 'unchanging' may also be changing at some level..

As I experience it, the infinite still source and essence of all things is never changing while its expressions are ever-changing.

As soon as you are back to your thoughtful mind, you translate the experience to words and come up with eternal and perfect..

For sure, we use the mind to communicate about something that is actually beyond the mind and indefinable, but we point toward it so others might take notice. There does come a point when we no longer fluctuate but use the mind's capacities from a background of continual whole awareness.

My view is that most people have glimpses of the silent open space of the Real but since it doesn't seem like anything useful they skip on over it. By pointing toward it perhaps next time they'll stop and think, "Oh That's what they mean."

Xan

Old 28-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Lisa

Changing and unchanging are opposites and of duality, of concept, of thought.
It is both, it is neither, it is meaningless.

"It is this." "It is that."
It is a house of cards bound to fall.

Nothing left but laughter.
Old 28-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Master
Changing and unchanging is not the meaning of duality which is about subject and object, observer and observed, being separate and apart.

Rather, we can be aware in the never-changing essence and its ever-changing expressions simultaneously since they are what make up 'me'.

Xan