Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Master
Your self, Aware Presence,
knows no resistance to any appearance
and, as such, is happiness itself;
like the empty space of a room it cannot be disturbed
and is, therefore, peace itself;
like this page it is intimately one with whatever appears on it
and is thus love itself;
and like water that is not affected by the shape of a wave,
it is pure freedom.

Causeless joy,
imperturbable peace,
love that knows no opposite
and freedom at the heart of all experience….
this is your ever-present nature under all circumstances.

- Rupert Spiro in "Presence"

Old 20-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
My truth in situations RE: Dying family Member ..Is a fine balance of compassion, awareness and a gentleness in preparation ( and in those moments there was a peacefulness felt between us also)...there-fore the dying member felt it was safe to find her Truth ..voice her fears ...on her timing ..not mine..which she did ..this is to me respect of her journey and no not easy .. ( also for me it is not as simple as saying ( nor adding too a fear) when a love one is in the stage of denial and fear .. .." YES you are dying' Who determines what is a "truth and what is a lie."?..As stated Universal Law is do no Harm..
There is NO positive NOR negative in these Humbling moments OF soul ..
There Simply "IS"

I totally agree ..Self Truth ..Is Important ..for Growth ..and that realization is For The SELF...

We teach by loving and guiding ..And Timing is with dignity and Grace..

No one made Us GOD.. with tenderness we listen to the needs of soul..

Death is illusion anyway ..So the answer on a SOUL level is Truth.
Yet To a man made Society with a book of man made Rules ..It is a LIE...

Perception...of Intent ..whether another feels it is honest or dishonest is a judgment.

:) xx
It's a personal preference Smiler.
I had grown up in an evironment of lying, especially the saying nothing hiding truth type.

I recall one incident in my late teens. I was living with my eldest brother and his gf.
We had a lovely dinner and all i said was, "This piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah!"

No, i just be silly there.
I was with my brother and some of his friends...oh , actullay my gf was with us too.
haha, what does that mean, that i did n't even initially remember she as there.
No wonder the relationship only lasted a few weeks.

Anyways, we were all drinking and there was a certain stuff being passed around too.
Well I became violently ill and was vomiting over and over.
I kept vomiting and my stomach was in a lot of pain, no more food coming out.
Instead of food, there was this dark liquid. I concluded this was blood.
And I kept vomiting this liquid out and my stomach hurt more each time I vomited.
I enquiried of my brother, his gf and my gf, "Is this blood?"
They all said in that fake reassuring way, "No, don't be silly, that's not blood, you're ok.

It was difficult for me to be 100% sure it was blood, because i ain't a doctor, though now after watching tons of House episodes, i now feel very confident when applying band aids.
The lighting was a dull fluro so the red of the liquid was not clear to me.
And I had been drinking and partaking of the other stuff so my eyes were a bit fuzzy.

I said, "Look i just want to know what it is, don't bulls- me!!"
"No, no, not blood, just some stuff"
I got angrier at them everytime they lied, as all i wanted for my reassurance , was the truth.

When they finally confirmed it was blood, I said, "thankyou for actually telling me the truth"
I was reassured, i relaxed and stopped vomiting and had a jolly good night.

I am not a fan of lying.

My theory of why they lied.
They were the ones who were freakin' out i was vomiting blood and didn't want to face the reality of it.
Old 22-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Master
AC ..I am not GOD :) INTENT is the Key ..Know thy Intent

Who is to judge what a WHITE lie is ( hence its white lol ) ..maybe its best that we seek not to judge others ..instead seek the depths of one's own soul.

For How can we judge when in truth ..we only have our physical self to judge with ( Eyes ..Ears ..Mind conditioning etc and maybe other Physical senses) .

It is only God who can see behind the walls to a persons heart and who can truly understand from what intent ....and for what reasons things are done.

To the self be True beyond all limitations placed in life ..for by being true and coming from a heart of LOVE there can be No wrong.

PS LOL .. I am Peaceful

:)
Old 22-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Master
there are 6 parts to peace. Cut the cake 3 times and take the piece you like. if you run out have another!
sorry thats contentment I think!
Old 24-02-2012, 05:51 PM
BwellBTR

Peace is a construct for Humans to build... its foundation is respect, and it is best built with blocks of understanding, that are wider and deeper than they are tall. When positioned with care they need no mortar to bind them together as their connection with their surroundings allows their contact with each other to unite rather than to hold apart... Difference through unity allow individual strengths to span any challenge of up-evil with the strength and grace of oneness. Not a project, but a promise... not a vision, but portrait of Creations Balance, attainable not through hope, but with thoughtful choice. There is no future until the "Now" is built of Peace.... Blessings
Old 25-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Peace is absence of disturbance. The disturbance is due to the arising of thoughts in the individual, which is only the ego rising up from pure consciousness. To bring about peace means to be free from thoughts and to abide as pure consciousness. - Ramana Maharshi

Peace means a state of inner health, a state of inner wholeness, where you are not torturing others, not torturing yourself, where you are neither interested in happiness nor in unhappiness. You are simply interested in being absolutely silent, calm, quiet, collected, integrated. - Osho

When desires are restrained there will be peace,
and then all under heaven will be at rest. - Lao Tzu

there are countless description for peace, but everyone is unable to describe completely. Definition of peace is unknown.
Old 25-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Master
Quote:
The nearer you come to God, the more you feel peace. Peace, peace, peace— supreme peace! The nearer you come to the Ganges, the more you feel its coolness. You will feel completely soothed when you plunge into the river. - Ramakrishna

The easiest description of peace
Old 25-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Master
Just sharing . Realization on ownself is peace .
Thks
CSEe