Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-01-2020, 04:49 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
There are many honest efforts of making sense of the idea of "simultaneous time", "no time", "eternal now", ... Some people come with pseudo-scientific hypotheses, others with eastern religious interpretations, still others with higher-beings' channeled information.

I have mine too ...

And what is yours, my friend?

Jl
Old 17-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
People accept the Bible, but when they look at it in Hebrew and Greek, it takes on a new meaning. For example, the first creation claims it was 'Elohim' who did the creation. In the second account, Yahweh gets introduced. Virtually all English Bibles ignore these major points.

In the first account, man was made in the image of Elohim.
In the second account, man was made by Yahweh Elohim.

In the first account, Yahweh is not mentioned.

BigJohn,

What exactly is the 'new meaning' ? What does this new meaning teach or inform us of ? Why are these major points ?
Old 17-01-2020, 05:54 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
There are many honest efforts of making sense of the idea of "simultaneous time", "no time", "eternal now", ... Some people come with pseudo-scientific hypotheses, others with eastern religious interpretations, still others with higher-beings' channeled information.

I have mine too ...

inavalan,

It is good when you say...."I have mine too". This is what all of us are supposed to do....or should do. In the final analysis it is only our own truth that we can accept as actually being truth. albeit in saying this we must recognize that truth is dynamic in nature......always subject to change as more is revealed to us and as we are given to understand. In searching for the truth we should forget about reaching a consensus.....this simply means we are giving in to accepting the truth of others.
Old 17-01-2020, 06:25 PM
Molearner

Perhaps someone will quote Proverbs 3:5...."lean not to your own understanding" to rebut what I have said. I would simply qualify that scripture to mean not to believe that your current understanding is complete or final. Science itself, for example, is rife with examples of final understandings that have been augmented and/or surpassed and replaced by the new.
Old 18-01-2020, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
BigJohn,

What exactly is the 'new meaning' ? What does this new meaning teach or inform us of ? Why are these major points ?

Three good questions M, let's see if they will be answered
Old 18-01-2020, 07:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
BigJohn,

A chap by the name of Marcion during 140 - 160 A.D. decided to canonize the scriptures with emphasize on scriptures he approved thru cut and paste. He wrote a lot of antitheses that perpetuated his belief that the Old Testament was folly and incompatible with the gospel. He also claimed the Old Testament God was a Demiurge. This is the tip of the iceberg of his beliefs. As a result of his activities, the Church responded by coming up with a canon.

Today, we can look at the Masoretic Text, which is the text used for virtually all Bibles for the Old Testament. Something we notice is that key expressions are not translated properly, and in many cases, the original meaning has been almost lost. For example, the first creation account is devoted only to Elohim. The English translations do not make that point evident. And then the second creation introduces Yahweh. Yahweh is the most used name in the Masoretic text but in English, is barely recognized. Elohim comes in a close second, and for the most part, is not recognizable.

Then we search the scriptures for the name of God Almighty and find out it was written as יְהוָ֔ה and was not pronounced as Yahweh but an expression fairly close. It is not surprising, that today only a few people know how to pronounce the name of the Almighty God. That name is known by some of the mystery/secret groups but is virtually unknown to the common person.

We can even go to the Septuagint translations and actually witness how key words got mistranslated. But what is hard to comprehend: why is it hard for newer translations to correct these obvious errors? Some have, but most have not.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 18-01-2020, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I've been reading recently about a cave painting that has at least 44000 years old.

At first I thought the the Creator made the world in literally 6 days and made it look like billions of years. Then I thought the humanity appeared 6000 years ago, and the world was much much older.

Now, it's clear the that the story of creation can not be taken literally, humanity has at least 44000 years of existence.

Now, any ideas about the story of creation in 6 days?

The first five books of the Old Testament is known to Jews as the Torah, the Talmud is the intellectual interpretation of the Torah, and the Kabbalah is the mystical interpretation of the Torah. These are all different perspectives of the same thing. A mystic will see the 6-days of creation differently than and intellectual.

For instance The Book of Genesis talks about the Adam and Eve story in one way, but the Kabbalah says that the so-called forbidden fruit was not really forbidden and Adam and Eve had to partake of it in order to procreate. The snake referred to is the libido energy, coiled in the spine. A very different perspective.

A day is one rotation of the Earth, but in the Book of Genesis it is said on the first day “God created light, called the light day, and the darkness night,” This assumes that the Earth was already created before the first day, as it does not say on the first day the Earth was created. In fact it says that “the Earth was formless.”

Looking at the history of the Earth, a day has not always been 24-hours long. Planetary scientists say that about 5-billion years ago a day only lasted about 4-hours. The influence of the Moon on our planet determines the length of a day or a month. We should also consider that when the Book of Genesis was written people thought the earth was at the center of the universe and it was flat.

So I think that there are different interpretations of this based on the orientation of individual perspectives. There are lots of things in the Bible that are not embraced by most Christians today; like it says five times, in five different places, of the New Testament that Jesus said any person who divorces for other than adultery is committing adultery themselves and they are causing the one they divorced to commit adultery as well, but many Christians I have spoke to about this explain that this was just the way things were viewed back then. I think the same may apply to the question regarding 6-days.

The early Roman Catholic Church changed the Sabbath to the first day of the week, Sunday, because Roman citizens worshipped the planets, and they worshipped the Sun up in the sky on Sun Day. The church felt it could take a pagan day of worship and turn it into a Christian day of worship to get more followers for its’ new religion in the early days of Christianity, but Jews still today consider Saturday, the seventh day, to be the Sabbath, as that is what it says in the Old Testament, that God rested on the seventh day.
Old 18-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Few years ago, i was in some euphoric state, and started writing about "Big Bang" and Adam and eve, and combined these two. (i didn't write so much, before)

Then someone, in that forum, stated: "The bible is full of symbolism".

After that, i haven't thought about it too much. I started reading few books (i have read only few books till now), and got stuck at the "Course in Miracles".
I'v carefully read the text of it, and tried to memorize and to extract as much of the meaning, as i could, so it took me probably a year of reading only the text. (my native language is not English, so you can guess that i wanted to get it Right).
Then, i have been doing the exercises from the workbook. (1st time it was literal 365years, in the next attempt it was more like 420 days) - i'm telling you this just as an information basis on how "long" it has passed since the 1st writing about adam and eve.

And, somehow, this word "Full of symbolism" has gotten stuck in the thought, because, i remember reading the comments very fast, and have probably dismissed this, because i could not make a use of it, back then.

Now, the "A Course in Miracles" (or ACIM) explains a way of the thinking, which is used in the Bible.

And now, for about 2 years, somehow the symbolism started revealing itself. I'm not actively thinking about it, but sometime, when the thought comes, i do.

for example:

Quote:
“God created light, called the light day, and the darkness night,”

What could that symbolically mean ?

One can use it, quite literally, and say: "it is Day and night of the world." *1

What if, this phrase is written for the Spirit ? What does it then means for the SPIRITual understanding ?

But, what if, the light symbolizes a thought, as well ?
What if, the light symbolizes, additionally, a Perfect thought ? A thought of Purity, A thought of Life ?

Sure, The Light could symbolize a state of the Spirit, which humans would describe as "AWAKE", and darkness would be the state of "SLEEP"
But do you know what happens when the Spirit/Mind is AWAKE ? You surely have learned what happens if it is asleep !

I will not give you the answers which i found out, because you can get them on your own, if you think about it.

I have found out, that the bible is very cleverly written book. Whoever has written it, has to ensure that everyone, even those, who do not speak the same language, gets the "meaning".
And how better is the meaning transmitted than through symbolism ?!
Of course, one has to be interested in God, and has to have the "RIGHT" mindset, or else your mind will stick onto disaster and catastrophes. If this was the case, then change your mindset.

Thanks for reading.

(P.S. I do not expect immediate answers to this, because it can take quite long of the "nonexistant" time to get it, and you may find yourself finding a solution on the opposite part of the "snake/spiral" while the truth is in it's "center")

*1 - (additional info to this:) If you understand that your spiritual being gives the reality to this world - then it IS the day and the night.
Old 18-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Few years ago, i was in some euphoric state, and started writing about "Big Bang" and Adam and eve, and combined these two. (i didn't write so much, before)

Then someone, in that forum, stated: "The bible is full of symbolism".

After that, i haven't thought about it too much. I started reading few books (i have read only few books till now), and got stuck at the "Course in Miracles".
I'v carefully read the text of it, and tried to memorize and to extract as much of the meaning, as i could, so it took me probably a year of reading only the text. (my native language is not English, so you can guess that i wanted to get it Right).
Then, i have been doing the exercises from the workbook. (1st time it was literal 365years, in the next attempt it was more like 420 days) - i'm telling you this just as an information basis on how "long" it has passed since the 1st writing about adam and eve.

And, somehow, this word "Full of symbolism" has gotten stuck in the thought, because, i remember reading the comments very fast, and have probably dismissed this, because i could not make a use of it, back then.

Now, the "A Course in Miracles" (or ACIM) explains a way of the thinking, which is used in the Bible.

And now, for about 2 years, somehow the symbolism started revealing itself. I'm not actively thinking about it, but sometime, when the thought comes, i do.

for example:

What could that symbolically mean ?

One can use it, quite literally, and say: "it is Day and night of the world." *1

What if, this phrase is written for the Spirit ? What does it then means for the SPIRITual understanding ?

But, what if, the light symbolizes a thought, as well ?
What if, the light symbolizes, additionally, a Perfect thought ? A thought of Purity, A thought of Life ?

Sure, The Light could symbolize a state of the Spirit, which humans would describe as "AWAKE", and darkness would be the state of "SLEEP"
But do you know what happens when the Spirit/Mind is AWAKE ? You surely have learned what happens if it is asleep !

I will not give you the answers which i found out, because you can get them on your own, if you think about it.

I have found out, that the bible is very cleverly written book. Whoever has written it, has to ensure that everyone, even those, who do not speak the same language, gets the "meaning".
And how better is the meaning transmitted than through symbolism ?!
Of course, one has to be interested in God, and has to have the "RIGHT" mindset, or else your mind will stick onto disaster and catastrophes. If this was the case, then change your mindset.

Thanks for reading.

(P.S. I do not expect immediate answers to this, because it can take quite long of the "nonexistant" time to get it, and you may find yourself finding a solution on the opposite part of the "snake/spiral" while the truth is in it's "center")

*1 - (additional info to this:) If you understand that your spiritual being gives the reality to this world - then it IS the day and the night.

I personally think Wisdom - light and ignorance - darkness....

I don't think it has anything to do with day and night as some Countries have continuous light/darkness regardless of Day/Night....

Regarding reality...
Your reality is a reflection of what you believe...
Old 18-01-2020, 01:30 PM
Master
I think darkness and light has to do with duality, as duality is inherit in physical creation but it is not present in the pure,
unformed, spiritual presence. The spiritual presence has no opposite but all of creation has pros and cons inherit right in it;
including thought, emotions, and physical matter. All of creation has opposite poles, like darkness and light.

And I do embrace that the Bible, and most other spiritual teachings are symbolic. Most spiritual teachings speak in parables
and metaphors. I feel this is because pure unformed spirit is beyond words and thoughts, and can not be directly described
as it transcends thought.