Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-03-2020, 07:32 AM
Master
Didache: Teachings of the Apostles, is probably the first Christian catechism.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-03-2020, 07:41 AM
Master
The Epistle of Barnabas , was another early written book.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Master
Saul of Tartus has been questioned as the author of Hebrews. Most Bibles list him as being the most proficient New Testament writer: attributed to writing over ½ of the books.

Even the book Titus was questioned as being authored by him.

BACK ON SUBJECT

The Epistle to Seneca the Younger is a writing from Paul that did not get canonized.

Old 20-03-2020, 12:49 PM
Master
In 1 Corinthians 16:3, of the New International Version (NIV), it reads:

Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem.

These letters from Paul, never got canonized.

Old 20-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Since you referred to the Gospel of John, you might be interested to know that there is a one-person show being performed at the Bishop Sheen Center in Manhattan (NYC). I don't know where you live but they always have respectful shows at that venue.
Here's the info:...
thanks for the info, though I am originally from Manhattan. I haven been there in years.
Old 28-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Master
The First Epistles of Clement is probably the oldest document that was written by early Christians that was not canonized. The date of the letter is circa 96 AD. The letter was written to the Christians in Corinth. The letter was written By Clement I who at that time was the Bishop of Rome.

The letter gives a brief insight of how the Church operated at that time period. At that time there was no Church Pope and the organization of the Corinth Congregation described, is completely different for the most part, of modern day Churches.

Old 28-03-2020, 10:48 AM
Master
The Apocryphon of James was another document never canonized. It was a letter allegedly written by Jesus' brother James. Scholars claim it was written probably in the 2nd century.

The fourth sentence is interesting. It reads:

"Now I sent you ten months ago another secret book with the Savior revealed to me. But that one you are to regard in this manner, as revealed to me, James."

Apparently, this secret book never got preserved. Maybe someday it might be discovered.

Old 28-03-2020, 01:42 PM
ketzer

While there are many other books and other forms of media that I find very useful, I don't really hold any of them sacred. For one thing, the Tao that can be written is never the true Tao. For another thing, when one calls something sacred they are often holding it as truth and may become afraid to question that truth. This is somewhat like setting out to explore the world and never untying your ship from the pier. But I suppose some prefer the safety and reliability of solid ground..... until an earthquake or tsunami comes along I suppose.
Old 28-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
You keep supposing then.

You're just another unbeliever in the Christian forum.

So, we have the Essenes preserving old testament scriptures, especially the book of Isaiah being the most preserved. Which same book has the most messianic prophesies in it.
And, there are other prophesies also, revealing the divinely inspired sourced reality, of them.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-03-2020, 03:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You keep supposing then.

You're just another unbeliever in the Christian forum.

So, we have the Essenes preserving old testament scriptures, especially the book of Isaiah being the most preserved. Which same book has the most messianic prophesies in it.
And, there are other prophesies also, revealing the divinely inspired sourced reality, of them.
Who is the you you are supposing is an nonbeliever?
If you are going to accuse someone of being a Philistine who snuck into church, you should probably point to them, else the rest of the congregation might take it personally and get offended. Also, the ushers won't know who to eject!