Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Guide
A COURSE IN MIRACLES - Clarification required

What does it mean when it keeps talking about atonement? I'm confused?

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 27-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Master
Atonement: the Holy Spirit's plan of correction to undo the ego and heal the belief in separation; came into being after the separation, and will be completed when every separated Daughter/Son has fulfilled her/his part in the Atonement by total forgiveness; its principle is that the separation never occurred. ~ACIM

Hi ellespirit. The religious (Pisces) belief is that a god or gods control and decide each soul's destiny via judgment regarding each soul's worthiness. Souls deemed unworthy are punished and removed from heaven's plan.

A Course In Miracles teaches the esoteric/metaphysical (Aquarian) understanding that each soul controls and decides its own destiny. Also and very important, no souls can or will be lost. All souls will eventually heal the separation consciousness split caused by the wheel of karma (material incarnation). All souls (Daughters and Sons of Spirit) will come to unity consciousness once more.

ACIM refers to this completion journey as Atonement, and describes how the healing of the separation consciousness split comes about through forgiveness. I have read other esoteric/metaphysical material describing how the wheel of karma cannot be overcome until all souls are freed from suffering: when every individual via empathy takes on the task of healing any and every soul that still suffers. Total forgiveness though complete healing of every suffering person on the planet.

Another esoteric/metaphysical principle is that all aspects of existence can be viewed from both a relative truth and absolute truth perspective. The relative truth regarding material existence is that all of the above has yet to be fulfilled, that "separation exists." The absolute truth perspective is that all this has been fulfilled already, that "separation never occurred." This is the Aquarian understanding of the religious idea pertaining to Jesus having saved humankind. Human evolution is "saved" in that all of the above has been fulfilled already in Spirit. It is our spiritual birthright and destiny.

Last edited by Baile : 27-03-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 28-03-2016, 02:43 AM
Guide
Hi Baile, thank you for taking the time to reply. Thats a wonderful explanation. I'm only at the beginning pf the course and the word comes up a lot and I just didn't feel I had grasped it.

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 28-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Smile

This is the Home page of the best ACIM help site!

http://www.pathwaysoflight.org/

At the top and bottom are areas to click for all sorts of help!

Also, www.acimmentor.com that's Liz Conkhite.

Oh, also, I and many many others recommend reading first...
Gary Renard's, "The Disappearance of the Universe".
Sanctioned by ACIM groups...the oldies.
His sense of humor grows on you.

Atonement: The Holy Spirit's plan of correction to undo the ego and heal the belief in separation;
came into being after the separation, and will be completed when every
separated Daughter/Son has fulfilled her/his part in the Atonement by total forgiveness;
its principle is that the separation never occurred.
~ACIM

Thanks Baile

Music to my ears.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Lorelyen

Atonement is making good the bad you've done when you repent
(i.e recognise you've done something nasty
and want to show by action your willingness to put it right).

As I see it.
Old 28-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Atonement is making good the bad you've done when you repent
(i.e recognize you've done something nasty
and want to show by action your willingness to put it right).

As I see it.
Yes.

In the ACIM it means something different, tho.

In ACIM...this place (the entire 3rd dimension) is not even seen as real...over and over it is said to be a
dream in the Text. (There are 3 parts to this self study book)
So, there is no 'good or bad'...there need be no recognition of anything
'nasty' done by anyone, nor physical action taken.
There is no need of anything, according to The Course, but to see
it for what it was/is...unreal...as the dream that it is.
and to come from the Holy Spriit's Thought System....rather than the egoic mind's Thought System.

The 'Miracle' being ...an entire shift is perspective.

So the 'forgiveness' that plays a major role in ACIM...is not the Christian type forgiveness:
"You did this sin/wrong thing...and I will drop it and forgive you for it."
No.
In The Course, forgiveness is in realizes it never really happened...that that person never did anything....it
was a projection created from within you ...being played out for you to witness...you created the person, the situation and
are taking part in this mass dream called 3rd Dimension!!
To not drop it would be thinking it was even REAL! Hahaha!

The Course is a 'different way of viewing this place', entirely!
Not for everyone!

Baile, I think I spoke correctly representing The Course?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
forgiveness is in realizes it never really happened...that that person never did anything....it
was a projection created from within you ...being played out for you to witness...you created the person, the situation and
are taking part in this mass dream called 3rd Dimension!!
To not drop it would be thinking it was even REAL! Hahaha!
Some spot-on esoteric insights in that there sharing. Hermeticism refers to 3rd dimension material life as the dream or mental projection of the All Mind/God/Creative Source. At the same time and from a relative truth POV, all of this is quite real indeed. Material reality and human existence is both real and not real, both in-process and already completed. I directed a choir for years, one of my favorite songs was the 14th century carol All and Some:

And with His body us brought to bliss,
Both all and some,
Both all and some.

Many carols and stories and fables from centuries gone-by contain the remnants and even direct references to these profound esoteric truths pertaining to the nature of reality and Spirit.
Old 30-03-2016, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Material reality and human existence is both real and not real,
both in-process and already completed.
Talk about spot-on esoteric!

Choir, eh? Impressive.

Old 19-02-2019, 04:43 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
A Course In Miracles teaches the esoteric/metaphysical (Aquarian) understanding that each soul controls and decides its own destiny. Also and very important, no souls can or will be lost. All souls will eventually heal the separation consciousness split caused by the wheel of karma (material incarnation). All souls (Daughters and Sons of Spirit) will come to unity consciousness once more.

ACIM refers to this completion journey as Atonement, and describes how the healing of the separation consciousness split comes about through forgiveness. I have read other esoteric/metaphysical material describing how the wheel of karma cannot be overcome until all souls are freed from suffering: when every individual via empathy takes on the task of healing any and every soul that still suffers. Total forgiveness though complete healing of every suffering person on the planet.

Another esoteric/metaphysical principle is that all aspects of existence can be viewed from both a relative truth and absolute truth perspective. The relative truth regarding material existence is that all of the above has yet to be fulfilled, that "separation exists." The absolute truth perspective is that all this has been fulfilled already, that "separation never occurred." This is the Aquarian understanding of the religious idea pertaining to Jesus having saved humankind. Human evolution is "saved" in that all of the above has been fulfilled already in Spirit. It is our spiritual birthright and destiny.

This is very nicely done.

Thanks Baile, wherever you are.

JL
Old 19-02-2019, 12:07 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespirit
What does it mean when it keeps talking about atonement? I'm confused?

I seen it put this way before and it hit me.
^
At-ONE-ment !!!!

^
^