Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Knower
We are pure nature, with nothing to do.

I would like to pose a certain viewpoint that i have been contemplating today in the hope that
you may have a differing point of view, and reasons why, so that a discussion may take place.

"All we are is nature, the same way a flower flowers and a wave peaks, crashes and builds again.

There is nothing for us to do on earth. Nothing. We are simply an advanced expression of nature.
The only thing we need is food to keep our bodies going but apart from that, no spiritual development
is needed, no compassion, journey or obstacles are necessary.

We just simply are."

As far as i know this is a Chinese philosophy (?) which describes nature as an organism that
simply develops for no particular reason, it just is. As i said, if you see flaws in this thinking please
share, likewise if you would like to elaborate on this topic that you resonate with, please also participate.

SN,

Josh
Old 13-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Master
makes sense, esp in regards to flowers and cycles, i am wondering if I just create things out of boredom lol, i think we simply exist to exist, creator expierecing ourselves, we are already God, we develop egos etc based on conditioning then just repeat the cycle to go back to our authetnic selves, not sure if that makes sense
Old 13-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralJosh
I would like to pose a certain viewpoint that i have been contemplating today in the hope that
you may have a differing point of view, and reasons why, so that a discussion may take place.

"All we are is nature, the same way a flower flowers and a wave peaks, crashes and builds again.

There is nothing for us to do on earth. Nothing. We are simply an advanced expression of nature.
The only thing we need is food to keep our bodies going but apart from that, no spiritual development

We just simply are."

As far as i know this is a Chinese philosophy (?) which describes nature as an organism that
simply develops for no particular reason, it just is. As i said, if you see flaws in this thinking please
share, likewise if you would like to elaborate on this topic that you resonate with, please also participate.

SN,

Josh

Josh - I would never put down Chinese philosophy, but it tends to compartmentalize things into very simple terms, but with a wider meaning of course. What kind of meaning does "We just simply are" mean to you? I believe what it means is live in the moment because it it there where we just are. I suppose that follows the whole Power of Now philosophy. When we live in the moment we are neither planning a course of action next or contemplating the past. We just simply are. I don't feel, however, that the philosophy is a clean package of spiritual living. By the time a human being reaches adulthood, they are quite complex. I feels there is nothing simple about people or life at all. I've never in my life met an uncomplicated person. Some people have come close to this state of mind of just simple being such as monks. I think one can have moments of returning temporarily to just simply being, perhaps during meditation. I'm probably not a good person to speak about Chinese philosophy though as proverbs, philosophies and wisdom sometimes cause distress when I try to apply them to real life in the world today.

Is a thief just simply a thief because "We just simply are?"
Is a mother just a mother and nothing else because "We just simply are?"
Is a lier always a lier because "We just simply are?"

Ok, I think I made my point. What are we being when we just simply are?

I think those 4 words pushed together can have a meaning different for every person that reads it.

Blackraven
Old 13-06-2013, 05:59 PM
amy green

No compassion? That would mean no love either wouldn't it? Can you have love without compassion? I would not like to live in a world without compassion. It would be a cold, heartless world...human nature is destructive enough without this quality that elevates our humanity and helps alleviate the suffering of others.
Old 13-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Ivy

Wisdom comes from matching a key to a lock.

What I mean by this, is that if an occasion calls for this philosophy, then it holds a great deal of wisdom. But a different occasion will suit a different philosophy.

That, to me is what philosophy is....not finding one 'right' way, but finding the correct way for that moment.

So yes, I agree with what is said here...but it's not correct for me right now, so I feel life would be boring to live based on this philosophy....today I want to dream.
Old 13-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Master
No wonder China is so over populated, they must live boring lives and the only best thing is, well you know what lol.

If we are nature then what else would we want to be, have you ever looked at the beauty of nature, and there is so much to absorb that we could never do in a life time.
Old 13-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
Wisdom comes from matching a key to a lock.

What I mean by this, is that if an occasion calls for this philosophy, then it holds a great deal of wisdom. But a different occasion will suit a different philosophy.

Beautiful Meadows!

Blackraven
Old 13-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Smile

That is as true as it gets! The real deal! No frills! Just plain, simple, and to the point!Thanks for sharing that! That is the best thing i have ever read. And completely relates to what i experience as spiritual progress. The furher i go the truer those statements become.

Its impossible for me to explain but i will try. Imagine being so happy and content there is nothing to do. It just radiates for no reason. Unconditionaly. It just is. Its the weirdest thing. But it happens!
Old 13-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Its just something you have to experience i feel. Then it makes perfect sense. And if it ever happens you may laugh the rest of your life about it!

You never had to do a thing! It has all been a cond! Lol

Think about it. Why do you do anything? Probably because it makes you happy. Okay what if it came from you without doing anything for it. Just being. And all the activitys cant compare to the feeling of what you already have.

You cant find a thing that compares. You try and try. And its good but then you do nothing and its still the same. Because your naturaly full of happiness. You never had to do a thing. It was already just there. Naturally. Just is.
Old 14-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralJosh

We just simply are."

SN,

Josh
I believe as an 'advanced expression of nature' we are the creators of our human experiences. We do only need food, clothes and shelter to physically survive but what about our 'spiritual' survival? I believe it is the core of our evolution. We can do nothing or do something. The choice is ours.