Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Master
Norsey's spread

Had a few good glasses of brandy last night and came up with an idea for a new spread while doodling on PC. Maybe a Personality Spread

The Web Tarot.

Querent : this card to be placed first. It represents the person concerned in the reading, and it will be built up through the reading of the other cards. Many cards in the tarot point towards personality factors and should not be ignored. This card should give a lead-in to some of the other areas.

1. Stories and Myths : you can get a good "feel" for a person by the kind of fiction and mythologies that a person is drawn to. Also the card may give clues as to their heroes and villains - people they look up to in fiction and myth - role models if you like.
2. Symbols : if you had to use images or single-word descriptions which best describe the querent, clues may be in this card. Often a single image can replace a thousand words !
3. Power Figures : these are the "real-world" equivalents of the Stories And Myths figures. The kind of person the querent would most/least like to be and why.
4. Relationships : this card may give ideas about others nearest to the querent and the kind of relationships - difficult/harmonious, distant/loving, difficulties etc - all the interpersonal stuff which is the source of much joy/many problems.
5. Control : this card may give insights into the areas that the querent would most/least like to be in charge of - the areas that they find easy/difficult to get a fix on in their personal life.
6. Rituals : EVERYONE has rituals, habits, odd ways of behaving that they must stick to which might indicate a deeper level of personality. It may also point to formality/informality in their spirituality. Obviously, closely linked with Relationships.

The key to success in this form of spread is that all the factors are linked. Taken as individual factors, they are less useful but, in combination, they may give powerful clues to basic personality, successes and failures.
I have attached the framework.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/def210a2.jpg

[wow! - that was damn good brandy ] Obviously Business Students will recognise this somewhat !
Old 31-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Master
I would like to give this a go. Anyone up for a Personality Reading ?
Old 31-03-2011, 08:40 PM
The Feather

Yeah why not - I give it a go
Old 31-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Master
OK. Post it up tomorrow
Old 31-03-2011, 11:58 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Had a few good glasses of brandy last night and came up with an idea for a new spread while doodling on PC. Maybe a Personality Spread

[wow! - that was damn good brandy ] Obviously Business Students will recognise this somewhat !

heheeee hey norseman maybe it should be called the damn good brandy spread..hheeeee...

nightowl
Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
The Feather

LOL this is very funny - I thought you wanted to give it a try on someone to test it out - by your post I get a bit confused and now I read it as I'm suppose to give it a try .

Which I would do, expect I know absolutely nothing about tarot ..... so sorry I can't be of any help any way
Old 01-04-2011, 01:32 PM
The Feather

Okay gave it a try I bought a deck of tarot years ago (Tarot ART NOUVEAU), just because I liked the lightness of the pictures, looked at them once I bought them, put them away thinking it was not for me anyway.

Well found them now - so here my first and last tarot reading .... just to attempt to help you I don't know how much help it will be

I managed to draw all the cards upright and did the reading on myself.

1. Stories and Myths: I drew a blank card, which is very true for me, I'm not drawn to any heros etc.

2. Symbol: 6 of Swords
This card makes me think of travels or traveler

3. Power figures: Knight of Wands
This card makes me think of someone moving to a new point without looking back – not afraid of new beginnings maybe

4. Relationships: 7 of Wands
This card makes me think of someone really enjoying the fruits (relationship) and it looks like she is very much comfortable.

5. Control: 3 of Penacles
This card makes me think of a person who listens and the bird for me symbols someone who sees thing clearly. The woman looks thoughtful and the flowers in her hand makes me think she is giving and recieving. Maybe she listen to others, think about it and look (see) it for what it is and give feedback

6. Rituals: Knave of Wands
Again flowers on the card, which makes me think of giving and recieving. The jars must be holding something, maybe information. So maybe he is giving and/or recieving informations.

So to try and sum up: I don't look to anyone as my role model (stories and myths), except for people who are not afraid of making new beginnings (power figures). I see myself as a traveler or love to travel (symbol). I feel comfort in my relationship and enjoy this very much (relationship) and I like the informations received or given in relations to others (rituals), since I feel in control when people ask for my feedback/help (control).

Okay, if the tarot cards actually means what I think they do, then I must say - wow that is describing me very well - do feel lots of me is missing though, but that may just be because of my limited experience reading tarot.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Master
Here is my take on it, Feather. Does it seem You in any way ?

Reading for The Feather.

Sacred Circle Tarot and the “Web” Tarot.

Not exactly sure why but I have decided to use only the Major Arcana and the Court cards.
Just in case you are not familiar with the Sacred Circle, I should say that it is based on Celtic mythology and symbolism.

Cards:
The Querent The Lady [3]

Stories and Myths Queen of Cups

Symbols Queen of Swords

Power Figures The High Priest [2]

Relationships Underworld [14]

Control Queen of Wands

Rituals King of Wands

Querent, The Lady : the feminine energy behind Nature [Mother Earth in fact]. She represents mothering in the widest sense. You are a child of the Earth and should seek to care for and respect your fellow beings and the environment.
This bare framework will be expanded by the other cards.

Stories and Myths, the Queen of Cups : [I have to say this is my favourite card in the whole deck !] The perfect card to pick for symbolism ! It is steeped in Arthurian legend and the mythology surrounding Glastonbury [ Avalon, the Grail, the Fae, Excalibur, the Lady in the Lake] So, a mix of heroic legend and the most ingrained mythology in the Anglo-Saxon language. Cups belong to the element of Water, the element of intuition and psychic skills. This Queen is connected to secret and sub-conscious power of emotions and feelings.
Personality factors – a bit of a dreamer. Likes attention but is not obvious in attracting it. Fragile and easily hurt, and once hurt, tends to withdraw to a safe refuge. Highly imaginative, artistic, intuitive, possibly clairvoyant. Has much depth in the psyche which may be seen as mysterious to an outsider. Compassionate to others and quite motherly. Good in a crisis but will not be first in line to offer help perhaps.
This is a perfect card to match up with the Querent Card. It amplifies what is said and there are no contradictions.

Symbols, Queen of Swords : shown as the Maiden of Spring bringing life back to the Earth after winter. Her gifts are imagination, positive thinking and the inspiration to poets. It is through thought that you create your vision of your past, view your present, and imagine your future.
Personality factors – single word symbols – graceful, unconventional, quick-witted, confident. Likes to be with people but is not happy in a crowd. Loves music and art in general. Totally honest, seeker of truth, hates ignorant prejudice and blind faith. Loyal and has the highest ideals which may work against her as she can be seen as cold and proud. Dislikes excessive shows of emotions and hates being told what she should do and how she should behave.
Complementary to what has gone before.

Power Figures, High Priest : this card is different to what has gone before. The figure is your inner self. It is telling you that you have unexplored skills and abilities that, so far, have been dormant. There is something that you have always wanted to do but have put off. Think about this. Get in clear in your mind ! Explore what it would take to achieve, start planning for it. It may take a long time to achieve but that’s no excuse for not accepting this inner you and listen to yourself.. The cards before have talked about your attributes. You have all you need to achieve your ambitions. Remember – “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”.
As a personality factor, this one is hidden SO FAR ! And that is Ambition !

Relationships, Underworld : May I make it clear from the off, this is not a Christian hell-type Underworld but a place of care and rest for the spirit waiting for rebirth under the care of the darker aspect of The Lord in his role of Lord of the Dead. You may have heard this referred to as the Summerlands – this is the Celtic pagan equivalent.
In terms of personality, this is where your self-created fears live, the secret dark side of yourself. It may be the opposite of what the High Priest promised, it may be what has held you back from what you wanted. But, make no mistake, it is you, your subconscious. It suggests that in relationships, you have a tendency to take the subservient role perhaps, not playing to your strengths, suppressing your abilities for fear of someone else being hurt. Is there a touch of the martyr within you ?

Control, Queen of Wands : Another Queen ! She is the element of fire. She represents the hearth fire at the centre of the home, welcoming, warming, nurturing. In her home, she is like the lioness protecting her cubs ! Glad to see this reading coming back on track after the two sober, sombre cards !
Personality factors are forthright and up front. Friendly, warm, open, straightforward. Detests people who use deceit and tricks to get what they want. Warm and welcoming with tireless energy and practical skills. A loyal, loving friend to have in a crisis, giving not just a shoulder to cry on but also solid practical help. Independent, strong-willed, can be passionate, impulsive, and quick tempered but her anger is short-lived.

Rituals, King of Wands : this is a strong, masculine card. In mythology, he is the Oak King who rules the light half of the year. After the Summer Solstice, he passes control to his brother, the Holly King, who rules until the Winter Solstice, then the cycle repeats.
Personality factors point towards strengths in Rituals rather than weaknesses, the feiry part of your nature coming out. Impulsiveness, Idealism, originality. Good causes and ideals being of more importance than material things or even relationships.

So, there you have it. I don’t know how much of this you can relate to and I realise that it could be smoothed a bit – it’s a bit rough around the edges and rather long but I thought [hoped !] you would like to see it in the raw form. If I do this again, I need to be slicker I think.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Feather
LOL this is very funny - I thought you wanted to give it a try on someone to test it out - by your post I get a bit confused and now I read it as I'm suppose to give it a try .

Which I would do, expect I know absolutely nothing about tarot ..... so sorry I can't be of any help any way

I WAS offering to read YOu. Never mind, two for the price of one.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
The Feather

That is quite all right at least I can now say I used my tarot deck

I'm really impressed by your reading and a bit stunned. And a funny thing too, I took out all the Major cards, thinking it would keep my reading more simpel.

Any way here is my feedback - if you need more feedback than this, please let me know, I think that brandy did the world a lot of good. I really think you can help lots of people with this spread, it open the eyes for the one getting the reading. Once again - Thank you very much.

Quote:
Querent, The Lady : the feminine energy behind Nature [Mother Earth in fact]. She represents mothering in the widest sense. You are a child of the Earth and should seek to care for and respect your fellow beings and the environment.
A Native American once told me I was the voice of Mother Earth, so maybe there is something about that.
Quote:
Stories and Myths, the Queen of Cups : [I have to say this is my favourite card in the whole deck !] The perfect card to pick for symbolism ! It is steeped in Arthurian legend and the mythology surrounding Glastonbury [ Avalon, the Grail, the Fae, Excalibur, the Lady in the Lake] So, a mix of heroic legend and the most ingrained mythology in the Anglo-Saxon language. Cups belong to the element of Water, the element of intuition and psychic skills. This Queen is connected to secret and sub-conscious power of emotions and feelings.

Personality factors – a bit of a dreamer
Yes I am a dreamer
Quote:
Likes attention but is not obvious in attracting it
hmm I quite often get a lot of attention, my normally do not like it – I do suppose it depends on the situation I'm in though, can't totally rule out that I don't like attention.
Quote:
Fragile and easily hurt, and once hurt, tends to withdraw to a safe refuge
This used to be more in the past I feel ..... but once hurt, I do withdraw to my inner world trying to figure out why I'm hurt.
Quote:
Highly imaginative, artistic, intuitive, possibly clairvoyant. Has much depth in the psyche which may be seen as mysterious to an outsider
Yes
Quote:
Compassionate to others and quite motherly

Yes
Quote:
Good in a crisis but will not be first in line to offer help perhaps

true – will always stay back, thinking maybe someone who is more qualified should get there first, if not, I will help and/or I don't want to take away a persons lessons, so will wait till they ask for my help before stepping in.
Quote:
This is a perfect card to match up with the Querent Card. It amplifies what is said and there are no contradictions.

Symbols, Queen of Swords : shown as the Maiden of Spring bringing life back to the Earth after winter. Her gifts are imagination, positive thinking and the inspiration to poets. It is through thought that you create your vision of your past, view your present, and imagine your future.
Personality factors – single word symbols – graceful, unconventional, quick-witted, confident. Likes to be with people but is not happy in a crowd. Loves music and art in general. Totally honest, seeker of truth, hates ignorant prejudice and blind faith. Loyal and has the highest ideals which may work against her as she can be seen as cold and proud. Dislikes excessive shows of emotions and hates being told what she should do and how she should behave.
Yeah sounds like me
Quote:
Power Figures, High Priest : this card is different to what has gone before. The figure is your inner self. It is telling you that you have unexplored skills and abilities that, so far, have been dormant. There is something that you have always wanted to do but have put off. Think about this. Get in clear in your mind ! Explore what it would take to achieve, start planning for it. It may take a long time to achieve but that’s no excuse for not accepting this inner you and listen to yourself
Two things actually, travel the world free as the feather (this holds more to it, but am not quite ready to accept that part and write the book of truth, which is more my guides wanted me to do that than me
Quote:
The cards before have talked about your attributes. You have all you need to achieve your ambitions. Remember – “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”.
As a personality factor, this one is hidden SO FAR ! And that is Ambition !

yeah true
Quote:
Relationships, Underworld : May I make it clear from the off, this is not a Christian hell-type Underworld but a place of care and rest for the spirit waiting for rebirth under the care of the darker aspect of The Lord in his role of Lord of the Dead. You may have heard this referred to as the Summerlands – this is the Celtic pagan equivalent.
In terms of personality, this is where your self-created fears live, the secret dark side of yourself. It may be the opposite of what the High Priest promised, it may be what has held you back from what you wanted. But, make no mistake, it is you, your subconscious. It suggests that in relationships, you have a tendency to take the subservient role perhaps, not playing to your strengths, suppressing your abilities for fear of someone else being hurt. Is there a touch of the martyr within you ?

Oh yes, what I fear the most is to drag my beliefs down on someone else, and to have them steer them in a direction they would not normally go themselves, because I often can see where they are headed – it totally scares me that my power will take away the “free-will” of another person – so yes very true, I keep a low profile on this front. (Even though I'm matched very well at the moment, so more of my power comes out in my current relationship)
Quote:
Control, Queen of Wands : Another Queen ! She is the element of fire. She represents the hearth fire at the centre of the home, welcoming, warming, nurturing. In her home, she is like the lioness protecting her cubs ! Glad to see this reading coming back on track after the two sober, sombre cards !
Personality factors are forthright and up front. Friendly, warm, open, straightforward. Detests people who use deceit and tricks to get what they want. Warm and welcoming with tireless energy and practical skills. A loyal, loving friend to have in a crisis, giving not just a shoulder to cry on but also solid practical help. Independent, strong-willed, can be passionate, impulsive
yes to all
Quote:
and quick tempered but her anger is short-lived
I can't seem to get any anger out of me these days, but as a child I was like a volcano - think I must have used it all as a child

Quote:
Rituals, King of Wands : this is a strong, masculine card. In mythology, he is the Oak King who rules the light half of the year. After the Summer Solstice, he passes control to his brother, the Holly King, who rules until the Winter Solstice, then the cycle repeats.
Personality factors point towards strengths in Rituals rather than weaknesses, the fiery part of your nature coming out. Impulsiveness, Idealism, originality. Good causes and ideals being of more importance than material things or even relationships
yes very true