Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Dreams
I am glad you enjoyed my post Adam✌❤⭐

Reading through these posts I find I'm not alone in my losing a loved one, and it seems that those who have experienced the loss of a loved one seem to be the most interested in finding their spiritual truths...just an observation✌
Blessings on your journeys⭐❤⭐

I understand your perspective but I've got to pipe up and say there are those who have had other types of trauma in our lives and our spiritual journey started out having the "why" questions answered. And it spread through my brain like wildfire and now I just can't stop. I am sorry for the death of your loved one.
Old 21-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Xenophilia

Thinking about it, I fear it. That's all there is to it. I have an unending sense of dread though if I try to focus on it I just give myself a migraine. I still truly believe that I will have to face some consequences, and part of me is certain that my mate and I will be separated. Of course the worst punishment I could possibly imagine would be spending eternity with my mother lol
Old 21-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Knower
Sorry Linen...I didnt mean it to sound like people who have lost a loved one seem alot more interested than others in seeking the truth to what happens when we die, maybe its just a more desparate feeling...dunno lol...maybe a dumb statement both ends...no matter we are all here anyways✌
Old 21-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Master
I only feared death when I was religious. Caught up in the church, I felt like I could never be good enough and I knew for sure that when I died I was going to hell.

THANKFULLY I woke up from that awful nightmare. No longer religious.. I am not afraid of death and I realize that life is eternal.. death is just going through a door.
Old 21-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Experiencer

My own particular religious upbringing was like that, Jatd. I know some sects must have a more loving orientation, but mine didn't! It was just pain and fear, and feeling that you would never be good enough to go to "heaven", no matter how hard you tried. I stopped going to church when I was 19, and it took many years for me to totally throw off the effects. I don't fear death now, but I sure did then!
Old 21-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Knower
I'm sorry to hear such stories of fear put into a child. If one chooses or feels comfortable to believe in a God, it should be from love of ones creator, not through fear of being punished after death.
God is aparently all encompassing love,its mans greed of money and power that twists religion into profit organisations and controlling the masses.
A persons connection with the divine should be natural, individual and from the heart, not book taught or beaten into people has as been the way of the past.

I'm glad you broke free of the frightening dogma, must have been immensely hard to overcome...now you are free to spiritually grow...takes some strength of character to get where you are hun.
Do you have any remnants of your upbringing holding you back still do you think? ⭐❤⭐
Old 21-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Experiencer

Thank you, Electric Dreams. It did take a long time to break free, and I'm sure there will always be traces. The biggest effect that upbringing had was that I vowed never to inflict it on my children, and I didn't. Occasionally, their friends would send them home in tears with tales of damnation, but I was able to circumvent them. I believe in a loving Creator, and mine doesn't put three year-olds to bed, so afraid of Him that they can't sleep. I'm sorry if that point of view offends anyone, and I don't mean disrespect, but we all have to tell our own truth.
Old 22-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Knower
Yes Rosie, thats a big concern with me that christianity is taught as fact to children in school here in the Uk. Dont get me wrong I have nothing wrong with any of my children becoming a christian, muslim or anything...just as long as they find their path on their own and it feels true to them...My biggest fear apart from losing one of them, is losing one of them to brainwashing as I encourage my children to be open minded about their spirituality and dont lead them in any way at all and dont feel its right that children are subjected to this from such an early age...it scares me how impressionable they are at the moment and that Im not there with them to show them philosophy. I may be overthinking it, but a mother worries and I feel nithings more important than finding your own path in life...just want my kids to fullfill their life purpose I suppose⭐❤⭐
Old 22-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Experiencer

I feel exactly the same way, ElectricDreams. I joyfully accept them choosing any path they want, as long as they choose it for themselves, and not out of fear. Fear of any kind hobbles the Spirit. I see my children's friends using religion as a weapon to hurt their parents and to rebel. My mother continued to "push" until the bitter, frightened of death, end of her life. I've seen people cling to life out of terror of the unknown, long past the point where the body was ready to be discarded. My father wasn't religious, and left this life singing. It really does depend on the individual - some Christians "go" joyfully also.
Old 22-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Knower
Yea I'm so glad I could get my mother to open up spiritually before she passed as I know she was ready to go, but probably wouldve been petrified if she went years before not believing anything...at least shes happy now❤