Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 24-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I've had a sound in my head all my life, and I don't notice it unless I pay attention to it. It doesn't 'mean anything'. ... It can be used as the object of focus in meditation, and that's how I contextualise it with spirituality.
Yes, in my post I didn't mean to say the sounds are unhealthy of pathological. For me, they became annoying for a while. I've known about the association with spirituality and inner evolution, but I've never used the sounds for meditation - I've used different techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Your experience with the healer is interesting. Before reading that it seemed most of what I read concerning ringing in the ears was a good thing
I don't say it's bad. I did find it annoying, sometimes. I didn't mention it to the healer at all. He gave me a blessing with his hand on my head for a minute or so (he also did this for about 20 other individuals who were meeting him for the first time.) The calming of the sounds seemed to be a byproduct, as I only realized in the weeks that followed. I believe the healer integrated my inner process.
Old 24-03-2016, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
Yes, in my post I didn't mean to say the sounds are unhealthy of pathological. For me, they became annoying for a while. I've known about the association with spirituality and inner evolution, but I've never used the sounds for meditation - I've used different techniques.

Sure, tinitus is a real thing many people endure, which can't be easy, but I suggest it's commonplace for people to be able to hear something when all is quiet. I don't buy all the uber-spiritual stuff people say about the sound in my head, but meditating on it is kinda trippy - if anyone is inclined to that.

Quote:
I don't say it's bad. I did find it annoying, sometimes. I didn't mention it to the healer at all. He gave me a blessing with his hand on my head for a minute or so (he also did this for about 20 other individuals who were meeting him for the first time.) The calming of the sounds seemed to be a byproduct, as I only realized in the weeks that followed. I believe the healer integrated my inner process.

Sounds good.
Old 24-03-2016, 02:46 AM
Deactivated Account

As you calm down, you can experience the sound of silence
in the mind. You hear it as a kind of high frequency sound, a
ringing sound that's always there. It is just normally never
noticed. Now when you begin to hear that sound of silence,
it's a sign of emptiness of silence of the mind. It’s
something you can always turn to. As you concentrate on it
and turn to it, it can make you quite peaceful and blissful.
Meditating on that, you have a way of letting the conditions
of the mind cease without suppressing them with another
condition. Otherwise you just end up putting one condition
over another.

- Ajaan Sumedho
http://www.bahaistudies.net/asma/soundofsilence.pdf
Old 24-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Guide
Quote:
I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this, but, I have had a ringing in my ears for about 4 or 5 years. It's constant in my left ear, sometimes audible but not as loud in my right, sometimes and less often in both. Occasionally very loud.
What, if anything, could this mean?

Hi MarDav70, When I was a little girl (5-8), I would get spiritual messages in my dreams and through clairaudience. I clearly remember hearing someone tell me something prior to something dangerous or harmful about to happen.

One clairaudient experience that I will always remember is riding a horse in the spring and I did not exercise him prior to some spring riding. He was very excited due to the nice weather. He took off like a shot as soon as we got to an open stretch. I was very scared, so I said a quick prayer of protection, as I just knew I was going to fall off. I distinctly heard someone tell me to "curl up like a ball as you fall off".

So I did. I landed softly, or as softly as I could. I was unharmed. Years later, I learned that people stiffen up when they fall off, which causes the body to "snap" when falling off and hitting the ground. So, by rolling up, I learned that I was allowing the body to not stiffen up and not cause breakage or severe injury.

Now, what does that have to do with ear ringing? I re-awakened my clairaudience several years ago. What I discovered is that I was getting some ear-ringing prior to receiving messages. I still get the ear-ringing occasionally, and I will intentionally go into a meditative state if I can and see what information comes through.

I believe the ear-ringing is somehow associated with the clairaudience, possibly a cleansing or preparatory act upon the ears/ear chakras so information can be received. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 24-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi MarDav70, When I was a little girl (5-8), I would get spiritual messages in my dreams and through clairaudience. I clearly remember hearing someone tell me something prior to something dangerous or harmful about to happen.

One clairaudient experience that I will always remember is riding a horse in the spring and I did not exercise him prior to some spring riding. He was very excited due to the nice weather. He took off like a shot as soon as we got to an open stretch. I was very scared, so I said a quick prayer of protection, as I just knew I was going to fall off. I distinctly heard someone tell me to "curl up like a ball as you fall off".

So I did. I landed softly, or as softly as I could. I was unharmed. Years later, I learned that people stiffen up when they fall off, which causes the body to "snap" when falling off and hitting the ground. So, by rolling up, I learned that I was allowing the body to not stiffen up and not cause breakage or severe injury.

Now, what does that have to do with ear ringing? I re-awakened my clairaudience several years ago. What I discovered is that I was getting some ear-ringing prior to receiving messages. I still get the ear-ringing occasionally, and I will intentionally go into a meditative state if I can and see what information comes through.

I believe the ear-ringing is somehow associated with the clairaudience, possibly a cleansing or preparatory act upon the ears/ear chakras so information can be received. Best wishes!

Wow...thanks much, Sojourner2013! That makes sense to me. I'm currently having a PM discussion/sharing with another member and that person has opened some wonderful insight for me, so I think I need to open myself up. I feel 'somethings up' and I know it's good, but I really am kinda in the dark. Like, where do I go from here? I don't meditate, but I have had very spiritual moments. I do contemplate about the ethereal often. I think I need to learn to meditate. Any tips? I'm open and can use 'em.

When I was 9 years old I received the gift of reading people. I told my mom about it (who was a Christian). She told me that Jesus doesn't want us to do that. Sadly, I listened to her and ignored it when those psychic moments happened. They finally went away.

Years later in my 30's (that was the 80's) a lady moved into the house next to my moms who was psychic. She never charged anyone for readings (she felt it was a gift from God and not to be profited on) and was always right with things she told my mom (mom was friends with her but never asked her things because she still believed it was wrong, but the lady would volunteer information in conversation). One day she was visiting mom when I dropped by. I looked in her eyes and "heard" her say she needed to talk to me. Because I'm gay (not open, out at the time or obviously so), I was a little weary that she was going to tell me something about that, so I never had a meet with her. I considered it, and when I did, the thought of bringing her some cashews came to me. When I asked my mom if she liked cashews she said "oh, she loves them". How affirmative was that? But, in the end I chickened out...and I've regretted it ever since my awakening.
Old 24-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Newbie ;)

I normally have ringing in my ears as well, or I'll get it, and be almost snapped out of reality and feel aware of something around me
Old 24-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Guide
Quote:
. I think I need to learn to meditate. Any tips? I'm open and can use 'em.

Hi MarDav70, Starting Meditation is like starting to eat sushi: you got to start with the cooked seafood (shrimp tempura, crab, etc) first, then gradually work towards the octopus and eel.

Start with short meditation sessions (lots of good ones on YouTube) that are maybe 5-15 minutes. Just to get you in the habit of relaxing. Make sure you like the person's voice--that is key, IMO--because it will help you to relax and not be annoyed with their voice & directives.

Eventually, you can work yourself up to doing it with just music and no instructional voices. Finally, months or years later, you will be eating the octopus & eel sushi--meditating anywhere for any length of time.

Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 25-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi MarDav70, Starting Meditation is like starting to eat sushi: you got to start with the cooked seafood (shrimp tempura, crab, etc) first, then gradually work towards the octopus and eel.

Start with short meditation sessions (lots of good ones on YouTube) that are maybe 5-15 minutes. Just to get you in the habit of relaxing. Make sure you like the person's voice--that is key, IMO--because it will help you to relax and not be annoyed with their voice & directives.

Eventually, you can work yourself up to doing it with just music and no instructional voices. Finally, months or years later, you will be eating the octopus & eel sushi--meditating anywhere for any length of time.

Best wishes!

Thanks much...! I will check out YouTube and take it from there.
Old 18-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Newbie ;)

i got this rining CONSTANTLY since i can remember but its not noticeable when noises are busy and i dont focus on it