Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 12-07-2023, 01:19 AM
Experiencer

Hindu Religious Experiences?

Many years ago I was infatuated with the Goddess Rati. If you don't know who she is she is the Goddess of sexual lust. She is wife of Kama. The god of desire. So I was infatuated with her and I wanted to have sex with her because I thought it would be an amazing experience. Then one night I fell asleep into a conscious dream. It was different than any other dream I had because I was lucid and conscious as I fell asleep. I saw Rati and she was upset with me. She said she won't have sex with me because she is devoted to her husband. She then went to Vishnu. And she said to Vishnu that "I have a problem with this man. He wants to have sex with me and I don't know how to handle him." Vishnu said to her, "Teach him to have a proper view of sex." My views of sexuality now compared to then is vastly different and I no longer for quite some time desire the Goddess of sexual desire. I believe she taught me that she is not only the Goddess of sexual desire but of marital love as well. I now am an Asexual person. I don't lust after anyone any more. When I find a woman beautiful I have no sexual attraction. So this is my Hindu religious experience. I was wondering about other peoples experiences and if they have Hindu experiences? I would like to hear your story.
Old 13-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Ascender
So you had Hindu religious experience because of the lust and not because of some mantra sadhna etc., this is interesting.
Old 13-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Master
A small part of Tantra, a very, very small part, talks about the sex angle. The aghoris practice it and it is, if I may caution, counterproductive if the neophyte is not advanced enough.

Essentially, what happens is that the male entity (polarity) being Shiva and the female entity (polarity) being Shakti, the sexual act is surrendered to them, being the enjoyer in our body vessel. The climax is restrained and in some cases, a visualisation is involved step by step, as kundalini rises through the chakras, combined with a complex system of breath control, which I don’t resonate with.

Given the preamble or overview, it is easy to see why this path or practice is unsuitable for most of us and is likely to boomerang, since we are associated with ego identity and cannot just wish it away.

Easier and more practical, is to surrender simpler pleasures, like the cappuccino or icecream we enjoy ~ offer it to the dweller of our heart.

Who or what remains when ego dies, when sense of identity separate from existence dies? In my considered opinion, such a line of inquiry is preferable.
Old 13-07-2023, 09:53 AM
Hindu experiences? Gee, only in a dream going to a planet with blue people.
So, the next day at lunch I told a friend how I was so 'into' Ganesh more...
and understood that this planet exists and that was probably where Krishna came from.
Then, from under the table my friend pulled out a gift for me... a wall hanging- bust, blue, turquoise of Ganesh!
I feel 'closer' to him now...to me, he is definitely real and 'out there' somewhere...mentally and spiritually available - a servant of God.
I love that head on my wall...touch the Third eye on it- and will smile and say
Hello to him and thank him for helping me with some obstacles.

Gosh, I love reading how Paramahansa had Krishna, Himself visit him ---1936, I think when he went back to India for a visit. Wow.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-07-2023, 09:57 AM
Master
Indeed, Miss H ~ as the old adage goes, the world is not only stranger than we think but stranger than we can think.
Old 13-07-2023, 02:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Easier and more practical, is to surrender simpler pleasures, like the cappuccino or icecream we enjoy ~ offer it to the dweller of our heart.
Before your post i had a subtle thought of offering food to Krishna/God even though i myself am eating it. The kind of subtle thought which generally gets ignored. But then i saw your post so it became concrete. My life is currently full of such synchronicities. After reading your post i got reminded of:
--
Those who undergo severe austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures, performing them out of pride, egotism, lust and attachment, who are impelled by passion and who torture their bodily organs as well as the Supersoul dwelling within are to be known as demons.
--
So it makes sense that when Supersoul takes share of the torture then it must be taking share of the enjoyment too. Done with right attitude, everyday actions can become sadhna, thank you.
Old 13-07-2023, 04:34 PM
Master
@ kralaro ~ yes, our prayers, the offerings, everything is offered, every thought, every breath but without losing spontaneity! So, it must be our flowing orientation, meditation, not a doing but an orientation. Like love. Love does not think, it is, as it is, a bubbling effervescence.

In the path of Bhakti, we merge with the deity. Who merges? The hearts. Who is the dweller of our heart? God. So, in seeming separation, God in one form merges with God in the other. The entity (us) disappears. We are not there and yet are, for we become, one with the all-that-is and ego, which never was, drops away.

Offering food to Krishna … if out of love, there is no thought, no motive, no hesitation, no separation. Otherwise it is a trade, begging for a favour perhaps or a power or a boon. Purity of intent matters.
Old 13-07-2023, 04:41 PM
Unseeking Seeker

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-07-2023, 03:20 AM
Master
All in the many, all in God..
Old 02-08-2023, 02:58 PM
Master
I had a lovely experience once in a Sai baba House.
There were two large pictures in this room, one was of Sai baba and the other of Shirdi sai baba. Both pictures produced vhibutti ( a holy ash, which grew off the glass over the pictures). I took with me a box of chocolates as a present for everyone there to enjoy. the chocolates were still sealed with cellopohane. The house owner a lovely lady called Yogini asked me to place it under one of the pictures for blessing (still unopened) which I did, and then prayed asking for them to be blessed as prasad. We all sat in the room together and talked for a while and after about half an hour, I asked if anyone would like a chocolate, a few did, so I stripped off the cellophane and opened the box to find a coating of vhibutti over the chocolates inside. there were two layers of chocolates and even the layer underneath had a coating too.