Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 05-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder
Reaching out to a stranger.

So I was working today and a young girl of 13 came into store with her Grandma, when i realised she went to the same school that I did. I asked if they needed any assistance and we got chatting... I asked how her first couple of days back at school had gone and she said she was really sad because one of her best friends had tragically died over the summer. She was freely telling me about her sadness and how her chest hurt. Her grandma began to tell me of her personality and emotion and she completely reminded me of myself what I was that age.

My heart broke for her, i couldn’t even begin to imagine, we talked about grief and that it was okay to cry and be sad, i explained my empathic nature and the girl completely resonated with me and she said she felt a lot of what I described to her all the time. She then proceeded to tell me she had a vision of her friend in a dream telling her he was fine and i told her to take comfort from this.

Her grandma thanked me greatly and asked if they could come back to see me for another chat sometime , so i handed the girl my number and told her if she was unsure about anything she felt or just needed someone to chat to, to pop me a message.

Rightly or wrongly, I think there ain’t enough kindness in this world, and i felt better that I had made a difference to that little girls day because she left the store with a smile on her face. I feel out of place myself often enough, I just wonder whether it’s my calling to help others ....
Old 06-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Hello

I am not sure if we have a "calling" most of us are born with an emotional component that is there to share in compassions for others. While we do not all stop and take the time in our day to listen to others it is in most of us to do so.

I know that I am like a sponge for others to just let their thoughts flow onto, and that is fine as I can make the time to listen. I have never felt its a calling to help others more that is the Universe puts someone in my path then I am meant to be there.

While some devote their life to the service of others and are content in that place many more are just there with the simple compassions in that space and time of being in the right place at the right time.

Lynn
Old 06-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with lynn but I have helped many people to many to mention.its not always about giving its about being ready to Listen giving someone a helping hand sometimes can be the greatest thing you can give them.

Namaste