Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 07-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Problems with visualising

I find it really hard to visualise the chakras opening because I'm not a particularly visual person. I tend to think in words instead. Is there a way that would work better for someone like me? I'm currently trying to picture each chakra as a lotus but really struggle with this. Or should I just do the best I can and trust it's happening anyway?
Old 07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Jules

question. what you like at visualising colours?
Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Hmm well better than at lotuses! Still not great, I have to work really hard at seeing the colours in my mind but with effort I can.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Jules

ok well, if you can't picture the colour then picture the word ..
or an alternative way to start off is actually use a piece of coloured paper or even crystals. But without going to any expense paper or card would be better.

have your cards ready for each chakra colour .. red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and the crown I always feel is unique to the individual. I use white for mine. I'm getting this as I'm talking to you so hopefully it should work! Please note this is a practice vis to get your visualisation skills working ok .. it's that you need to work on before you start concentrating fully on opening your chakras ok?
Lie yourself on your bed making sure you're comfy, and not going to be disturbed.
start with the base or root chakra hold the red card in your hand and place it onto the root, close your eyes and say in your mind the word red .. if you can see the colour at the same time fab, thats what your working towards.
leave it there for about a minute or until you feel the need to take it away.

pick up your orange card and hold it in your palm and place it onto your sacral chakra. again close your eyes and say the word orange, try and see the word in the colour orange.

pick up your yellow care and hold it in your palm and place it onto your solar plexus. close your eyes and say the word yellow. try and see the word yellow in the colour yellow.

Do this all the way to the top. Eventually you should start to see the colour without having to use the card. From there you can picture the chakra anyway you want. You don't need to use a lotus flower. You can imagine a flight of stairs, and as you step on each one those turn into the colour of the chakra, with the stair inbetween being a mix of the first and next so for instance first step would be red 2nd reddy orange, 3rd orange etc. Or you could use the lift vis using the same princlple, its whatever is best for you. but first things first. learn to visualise the colours and see where you go with that. keep me informed.
Big hugs
Jue xxx
Old 07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account
That's great Jue thanks so much for all this info, will give it a try!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Jules

Your welcome me love, remember take it slowly. learn to walk before you can run :) xx
You're also working with AA Michael aren't you. Use his golden sprinkles?? when you're feeling low. you're also seeing things out of the corner of your eye, especially nr a lamp>> it's like a quick flash then it's gone. Trust your instinct and don't be afraid. where's the number 26 connected>? don't know what it is just 26, there's also been some issue with the heels of a pair of shoes, feels like the heels gone under the shoe?: if it's not happened yet watch for it. also have to say stop picking .. i'm seeing the fridge door constantly opening and closing and saying to yourself ok what can I have now?> .. it's being caused by boredom. , why have you stopped writing? just sit yourself in front of your wordpad and let the wrods flow. it'll happen again. don't put your own thoughts into it, just let your fingers do the talking. also want to say, you've not been getting enough rest .. or certainly not a resful sleep. you're tossing and turning all night and waking up drained the following morning. try your hardest to start getting some proper fresh air.and where's the connection to crab apples>>> not real apples but wild apples that give you bad stomach ache. you also need to start being a bit more forceful say what you're thinking instead of shying away. the situation won't get better until you do. is this your sister or female like a sister that your having problems with> it will get better once you've said your piece. and i'll leave you with that. love light and laughter. Jue xxx
Old 10-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Unegawaya

Hi Just a thought, If you can't do visual to well have you considered making the sounds that go with each chakra instead? As they resonate to the sound of your voice you will feel it.
Root “Lam”
Sacral “Vam”
Solar “Ram”
Heart “Yam”
High Heart “Hul”
Throat “Ham”
Third-Eye “Ham-Ksham”
Crown “Om”
I know they sound strange but try it I use this method with students who struggle with visual. Each Chakra has a mantra too which you could try saying which will open each one.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Kramer

When I had trouble with the flower opening and closing so I was told to imagine they were little doors instead like on an advent calendar. It seemed to work for be because not only were they something simple to visualise it can also be teamed with the noise of a door closing.

The colours sounds interesting too, I might try that.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Master
I picture them as a string of Christmas lights. They don't open, but I can tell if they're on, off, or dim.

Go with your intuition Starbuck, work with what comes to you and you'll have success.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for the reading Jue.

Thanks everyone for the ideas too - I especially like the doors on chakras and have been visualising them at the moment while I get the colours sorted out. Interestingly, with my Kundalini experiences I am seeing colours vividly and randomly in my mind's eye, but I still struggle to visualise them myself.