Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 14-09-2011, 01:07 AM
derfasdv

How do I tell my parents

My mom will be weirded out and my dad thinks that some things are impossible, although i've told my best friend and he's pretty sure he's an indigo too, but anyon PLZ help me. Becasue i want to tell my parents without looking at me like im crazy. Also becasue I don't want them to freak out if im in the astral plane (which im still trying to achieve and i think i did it but im not sure) and to them thinking im not waking up or something so PLZ help ASAP
Old 14-09-2011, 06:05 AM
mattie

It Isn't Necessary To Tell Your Parents. Use Caution.

First, it is great to see another teenager on the site. There have been quite a few teens joining lately. Welcome & enjoy exploring.

It is somewhat unclear what you are discussing telling your parents. Is it that you’re an Indigo?

There are various things to consider. First, being an Indigo is just an initial realization. Realizing it doesn’t require an announcement. Many all around the planet, regardless of when they were born or what abilities they naturally access, are awakening & expanding their consciousness. It is useful that these things are discussed as these often are gateways for people investigating their own energies.

Announcing that one is an indigo is somewhat like announcing what astrological sign one has. Or gender! It’s just our natural orientation. While some make a really big deal about those born recently having abc-xyz abilities, there have always been throughout all of history those who had a very high level of awareness that have helped move humanity’s awareness forward. It is natural that as humanity moves forward energetically that children will also be different energetically than they were a century or millennium ago.

As we learn more about the energetic territory we will learn the nuances of it. Indigos, crystals, blue-rays, starpeople, incarnated angels/elementals/wise ones (sorceresses, sorcerers, high-priest[esses], wizards, shamans, witches) are energetic areas that are currently being defined. As we explore these areas more it is likely all of these areas will be defined further.

What is really important is what you do once you make the realization that you are an energy being. For instance, one can be born w/ many abilities already ready to use, easily accessible, but they could be at a much lower frequencial level than someone who didn’t have as many abilities already there, but who has made an effort to master their energies. There are many things one can do to master one’s energies & hone one’s abilities.

Secondly, how will your parents about such information? It is of the utmost importance to be diplomatic w/ dealing w/ family about this. Some people thrive on huge amounts of new information while others need new information that challenges their belief systems in VERY small amounts. Will they be open to this, or will they brand you as a weirdo? Even worse, possessed???

If this would be jarring to your parents or cause them to think you’re crazy then it is best to keep your new beliefs to your self. If you’re not sure, you could casually mention that you were reading an interesting article on line about abc-xyz & see how they react. If your parents are very religiously conservative & you’re underage, consider that others have been institutionalized for such revelations. I just checked your profile & at 12 you are definitely underage.

It is OK to keep your new beliefs to your self if your parents would find them troubling. Look at this as preventing them from having undue distress. You can visit w/ others who are like minded on this site.

If you are interested in information about the dimensions (Ds) & our journey through them multidimensions.com has allot of useful material.

Newbie→Lightworker→Wayshower- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...153#post150153
Old 14-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Master
Why do they need to know, I played around with all sorts of weird stuff when in my youth, I didn't tell a soul, they had their own life to play with. Sometimes we feel like telling everyone about such things as psychic abilities, if there is such thing, I think the reason for this is that we feel a sense of power, we feel special, I know that I did at one stage of my life also, the feeling that you can do something that no one or not many can do, so you have to ask yourself these questions and find out why you really want them to know.
Old 14-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Maiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfasdv
My mom will be weirded out and my dad thinks that some things are impossible, although i've told my best friend and he's pretty sure he's an indigo too, but anyon PLZ help me. Becasue i want to tell my parents without looking at me like im crazy. Also becasue I don't want them to freak out if im in the astral plane (which im still trying to achieve and i think i did it but im not sure) and to them thinking im not waking up or something so PLZ help ASAP

The spiritual journey is long and there are many, many discoveries to be made.

Perhaps you could explain to your parents that you are exploring life from a spiritual aspect.

Make it clear to them that you will be doing extensive research and not simply believing everything you read.

You should also give them an opportunity to ask you some questions about your beliefs.

Remember, it’s a learning process. Imagine a ladder and that each rung on the ladder is a different stage in your personal and spiritual development.

Go at your own pace and be patient with yourself - and your parents.
Old 14-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Master
Sometimes our immediate family will not identify with our aspirations. If you sense this is the case with you, it may be best to not say anything.

If on the other hand, you sense they will encourage you, just ask them how they feel about something in particular.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-09-2011, 10:18 AM
derfasdv

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfasdv
and yes im an Indigo so that solves that
Old 14-09-2011, 10:19 AM
derfasdv

Thank you guys for helping, I have that off my shoyulders now, thnx guys
Old 16-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Master
I'm a fellow teenager, as well.
But the first thing I want to say is: don't get too attached to the "indigo" label. Labels are typically associated with ego, and if you're not careful, your ego may be affected by how you refer to yourself. If you associate being an indigo with being someone special or unique or important, then you won't achieve the growth you're here to experience. I'm not saying this is the case, but I've noticed a lot of people on this forum claiming they're an indigo/starseed/crystal child/whatever... and for the unaware individual, there is probably a bit of ego power forming its roots in the background.
I wouldn't necessarily linger on being an indigo. I'd just think: "Okay, this may be a possibility," and merely focus on your spiritual path.

Now, as far as telling your parents... I'm in the same situation, as well. My mom's a Christian who doesn't believe in "talking to the dead" and my dad's a highly logical man. He doesn't really "do" spiritual stuff. Both my parents know I'm into this kind of thing, but I haven't really told them exactly what I believe in and what I do. I haven't told them about the 4 spirit guides I've met; I haven't told them that I'm trying to develop spiritual abilities; I haven't told them that I call upon angels to help me out. And I don't think I will unless they ask. I did tell them about the intuitive art I do (I avoided using the term "psychic") but I don't think they were convinced.

But that's not the point. They really don't need to know. If it bothers you that much, just approach them and tell them. I haven't had any problems with my parents. Sometimes my mom will ask me some things (the other day she asked me if I would want to hold seances.. lol), but she usually doesn't pry.

It's up to you.

Old 16-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah

Now, as far as telling your parents... I'm in the same situation, as well. My mom's a Christian who doesn't believe in "talking to the dead" and my dad's a highly logical man. He doesn't really "do" spiritual stuff. Both my parents know I'm into this kind of thing, but I haven't really told them exactly what I believe in and what I do. I haven't told them about the 4 spirit guides I've met; I haven't told them that I'm trying to develop spiritual abilities; I haven't told them that I call upon angels to help me out. And I don't think I will unless they ask. I did tell them about the intuitive art I do (I avoided using the term "psychic") but I don't think they were convinced.

But that's not the point. They really don't need to know. If it bothers you that much, just approach them and tell them. I haven't had any problems with my parents. Sometimes my mom will ask me some things (the other day she asked me if I would want to hold seances.. lol), but she usually doesn't pry.

It's up to you.

Good advice. The more you respect your parent's way of being the less grief they will give you for your beliefs.

At a subconscious level, there are no secrets. Only the desire to be faithful to the self.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 16-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Maiya

Evaah is right about labels, they can be quite restricting. Allow yourself to experience whatever interests you, do a bit of research and come to your own conclusions.