Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-09-2017, 06:10 AM
Pathfinder

I Need Interpretatioj for Another Dream

Hi,

I need help to interpret two dreams (not one dream).

In the 1st dream, an elephant had apparently just come out of water (either at sea or river) and was walking away when all of a sudden, a crocodile appeared and was trailing it from behind.

In the 2nd dream, a friend wanted to go for an interview for a particular position at a government agency and she wanted me to go with her or something, and so I went with her. Incidentally, it was at one of my former workplaces, which was a government agency.

In the next scene, I received the letter of offer through an older brother, who worked at another government agency. When I read the letter of offer, I noticed that the heading of the letter was in extra large print, and the heading was : Giving a talk (with spaces between "a" and "talk"). I received the letter of offer on 30 June, and I was expected to start work the next day.

When I received the letter of offer, I knew in my heart that my friend did not get any job offer from the government agency.

Thanks a lot!:)
Old 10-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Master
the elephant rising from the watery depths is like some large scale memory
coming out of obscurity. it seems oblivious to the pursuit of something
dangerous to it's health, but with the benefit of hindsight (as a memory),
i think it's aware.
since the 2nd dream involves a former workplace as a setting, it seems that
the first dream was a stage setter for it (since it evokes recall of memories).
i'm unclear on the focus of the dreams: was it to rehash some past experience,
and highlight how you'd avoided some danger? or was it to provide insight
on how/why some friend had avoided troubles by not gaining some hoped
for opportunity? perhaps it's left up to you to "fill in the blank" with what
you'd like to be 'giving a __ talk' about.

also this:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=June%2031st
Old 10-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Knower
1st Deam
Elephant
To see an elephant in your dream indicates that you need to be more patient or more understanding of others. Or perhaps there is a memory that you are holding on to for too long. You need to let go of the past. The elephant is also a symbol of power, strength, faithfulness and intellect. Alternatively, the elephant's introverted personality may be a reflection of your own personality. In particular, if you see a white elephant, then it symbolizes royalty
Crocodile

To see a crocodile in your dream symbolizes freedom, hidden strength and power. It also forewarns of hidden danger. Someone near you is giving you bad advice and is trying to sway you into poor decisions. Because crocodiles can live in water and on land, they also represent your conscious and subconscious and the emotional and rational. Perhaps something is coming to the surface and you are on the verge of some new awareness

Alternatively, the crocodile may be an aspect of yourself and your aggressive and "snappy" attitude. Or it may reveal that you are being insincere, displaying false emotions and shedding "crocodile tears".

Dreaming that you are chased or bitten by a crocodile implies that you are refusing to confront some painful, disturbing or destructive aspect of your subconscious. Your feelings toward a situation or relationship is suffocating you or is eating you up inside.

Another way to analyze your chase dream is how the pursuer or attacker may be an aspect of your own Self. Perhaps you are suppressing or rejecting certain feelings or certain characteristics of your Self. Anger, jealousy, fear, and even love can manifest as a threatening figure in your dream. And you could be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser.

2nd Dream
Interview

To dream that you are at an interview denotes your anxiety over being judged by others. You may be experiencing some dissatisfaction with some aspect of yourself.

Specific Dates

To dream of a date, as in a particular, month, day and year represents the passing of time and past events. The dream may also be a reminder of a special event, appointment or important date in your waking life. Also consider the significance of the numbers in the date.

Government Agency

To dream of the government agency signifies power and the qualities or feelings that rule your life. Do greed, lust, or love guide you in how you live? The dream may also reflect your views about society at large.

Interpretations by: Dreammoods.com
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

*Langston Hughes*
Old 12-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the elephant rising from the watery depths is like some large scale memory
coming out of obscurity. it seems oblivious to the pursuit of something
dangerous to it's health, but with the benefit of hindsight (as a memory),
i think it's aware.
since the 2nd dream involves a former workplace as a setting, it seems that
the first dream was a stage setter for it (since it evokes recall of memories).
i'm unclear on the focus of the dreams: was it to rehash some past experience,
and highlight how you'd avoided some danger? or was it to provide insight
on how/why some friend had avoided troubles by not gaining some hoped
for opportunity? perhaps it's left up to you to "fill in the blank" with what
you'd like to be 'giving a __ talk' about.

also this:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=June%2031st

Hi H:O:R:A:C:E,

Thanks for your interpretation. Appreciate that.:) Interesting...in the last several days, I'd been having dreams that seemed to be bringing up some past memories to my attention...it's like what you said about "large scale memory coming out of obscurity". Thanks once again.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MergingWolf
1st Deam
Elephant
To see an elephant in your dream indicates that you need to be more patient or more understanding of others. Or perhaps there is a memory that you are holding on to for too long. You need to let go of the past. The elephant is also a symbol of power, strength, faithfulness and intellect. Alternatively, the elephant's introverted personality may be a reflection of your own personality. In particular, if you see a white elephant, then it symbolizes royalty
Crocodile

To see a crocodile in your dream symbolizes freedom, hidden strength and power. It also forewarns of hidden danger. Someone near you is giving you bad advice and is trying to sway you into poor decisions. Because crocodiles can live in water and on land, they also represent your conscious and subconscious and the emotional and rational. Perhaps something is coming to the surface and you are on the verge of some new awareness

Alternatively, the crocodile may be an aspect of yourself and your aggressive and "snappy" attitude. Or it may reveal that you are being insincere, displaying false emotions and shedding "crocodile tears".

Dreaming that you are chased or bitten by a crocodile implies that you are refusing to confront some painful, disturbing or destructive aspect of your subconscious. Your feelings toward a situation or relationship is suffocating you or is eating you up inside.

Another way to analyze your chase dream is how the pursuer or attacker may be an aspect of your own Self. Perhaps you are suppressing or rejecting certain feelings or certain characteristics of your Self. Anger, jealousy, fear, and even love can manifest as a threatening figure in your dream. And you could be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser.

2nd Dream
Interview

To dream that you are at an interview denotes your anxiety over being judged by others. You may be experiencing some dissatisfaction with some aspect of yourself.

Specific Dates

To dream of a date, as in a particular, month, day and year represents the passing of time and past events. The dream may also be a reminder of a special event, appointment or important date in your waking life. Also consider the significance of the numbers in the date.

Government Agency

To dream of the government agency signifies power and the qualities or feelings that rule your life. Do greed, lust, or love guide you in how you live? The dream may also reflect your views about society at large.

Interpretations by: Dreammoods.com

Hi MergingWolf,

Thanks for your interpretation. Appreciate that. :) There's sth I don't understand. Why did you say that my 1st dream is a 'chase dream'? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Knower
well with all details, the croc had to get to the elephant like hunt it down, you used the words trailing, meaning it had to be in pursuit, the elephant (the elephant is you in some format since it is your dream, one of them if not both have to represent you) was already heading away from the water meaning the croc would have to go after it in some form of way.

But in my defense, that was everything they had under croc and I just posted it, your dream was mostly dealing with the first paragraph under croc, the rest just followed just in case it was a chase dream, but what I said above could also be said that it was a chase dream, chasing can be walking , running, hunting, follow (at least that was how I perceived it), anything under those . if I misunderstood in some way my apologies.

hmmm......yes I see trailing means to drag, or walk behind.... so i'm still not off by much.
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

*Langston Hughes*
Old 13-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MergingWolf
well with all details, the croc had to get to the elephant like hunt it down, you used the words trailing, meaning it had to be in pursuit, the elephant (the elephant is you in some format since it is your dream, one of them if not both have to represent you) was already heading away from the water meaning the croc would have to go after it in some form of way.

But in my defense, that was everything they had under croc and I just posted it, your dream was mostly dealing with the first paragraph under croc, the rest just followed just in case it was a chase dream, but what I said above could also be said that it was a chase dream, chasing can be walking , running, hunting, follow (at least that was how I perceived it), anything under those . if I misunderstood in some way my apologies.

hmmm......yes I see trailing means to drag, or walk behind.... so i'm still not off by much.

I see. Thanks a lot for the clarification, MergingWolf. Appreciate that.:)