Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Experiencer
Psychic reader told me to clean my crystals...

I had a psychic reading last week and he told me that there was some negative energy attached to one or more of my crystals, I have a lot. My entire dresser in my meditation room is packed full of crystals and stones of all sizes. This psychic was very accurate on everything else he told me, so I'm inclined to believe he is probably correct on my crystals being dirty...? However, I ALWAYS sage every new crystal I get, and I continuously sage after that at least once every other week or so. I asked him if this was just not enough, and he said it wasn't. He told me that I needed to cleanse them in sea salt water, either sea salt or kosher salt.

How exactly should I do this? Like I said, I have many crystals and I have some larger clusters and medium/large amethyst free standing stones. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance :)
Old 22-11-2015, 02:34 AM
Experiencer

Hi Kylie,
I received a similar instruction from a psychic, I must admit I was sceptical but I did it and it seemed to work...
I was told to take about a third of a bucket of hot water, not boiling, dissolve about a cup of sea salt (but for bonus marks I actually had Himalayan rock salt...) and leave them in it for about half an hour outside in the sun. Was pretty simple really
Old 22-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Experiencer
Awesome, thank you! Is it safe to put the large clusters in there? Some of my Quartz clusters are flaking on the bottom...
Old 23-11-2015, 05:05 AM
Experiencer

Just be super gentle......
Old 23-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Seeker

Some crystals and stones can't be submerged in water so before you cleanse them in salt water, go a quick google search on your crystals to make sure they aren't soft/easy dissolved in water. some examples of those crystals are selenite, lapis lazuli, celestite and fluorite. instead you can use dry salt. just fill up a glass bowl with dry salt, submerge your crystals in the salt and bam! no water no harm.

also some crystals shouldn't be left in direct sunlight or the colors will fade. examples of those are amethyst, fluorite, kunzite, and citrine. so those you can cleanse them under moonlight. no fading. :)
Old 24-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Master
Salt is tricky as it can damage crystals.
Also salt can get into tiny cracks and when it attracts moisture from the air, it can cause the crystal to break.
I NEVER use salt. Water is enough. Stick them in water, preferably boiled and cooled water or spring water (because of the chalk in tap water).

Leave them in there for 12-24 hours. Refresh the water if many bubbles appear. You can put your crystals together in large bowls, no need to keep them separate when they're all your own crystals.

If you want to be thorough, you can put them in soil after that (12-24 hrs). It's not always necessary, just feel what feels right and needed. If you do so, put clusters and rough crystals in parts of a pantyhose. That way you won't get dirt in 'em. If you stick them in the garden, leave part of the pantyhose sticking out, so you can find them again.
And do NOT use pottery soil --> has a higher acidity which can damage crystals.

After that you can incense them. or quickly move them through a flame. That way you've had all elements. Air is automatically included as it's always around.
That's a thorough, full cleansing. Just feel if that is necessary or if water is enough. Intuitively I think your crystals need soil.

Sage is indeed not enough. It doesn't work on all planes. I myself prefer water if I choose just one method. I've done that for some 6 years, always served me well.

For larger pieces you can use the bathtub if you have one or a bucket or washing basket or something.

It'll be a bit of work, but it'll be worth it. And good thing is: You don't have to do this every week. A thorough cleansing you do every now and then. Just keep in touch with your crystals so you feel which ones need cleansing in between and cleanse those. That way you never really have to ever do the whole lot in one go again.

Last tip: Tell them they have to release and discharge, esp when you put them in soil in the garden with plants, lest they don't start healing/charging your plants.
Old 24-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Experiencer
Awesome! Thank you FairyCrystal. I thought I heard somewhere before that salt water isn't the best for some crystals, so I'm glad I asked. I also didn't realize that save wasn't enough. Who would've thought, not me! I will try and do all of this, this weekend. Thank you everyone for your advice, much appreciated. Last thing I want to do is damage my crystals!
Old 24-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Experiencer
*sage (not save)
Old 24-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie<3
Awesome! Thank you FairyCrystal. I thought I heard somewhere before that salt water isn't the best for some crystals, so I'm glad I asked. I also didn't realize that save wasn't enough. Who would've thought, not me! I will try and do all of this, this weekend. Thank you everyone for your advice, much appreciated. Last thing I want to do is damage my crystals!
Yeah, it does depend what need to be gotten rid off... sage is mostly mental things. And usually our crystals get 'cluttered' by our emotions, which aren't removed by sage.
I think that's why water often times is enough.

Reiki, violet flame etc. alone usually aren't enough either. If you really wanna do a proper job, it's using all elements (what I described earlier).

Do pay attention to stones that aren't supposed to be submerged in water (calcite, selenite, pyrite, lapis lazuli (pyrite in it will/can rust), and so on) When in doubt, look it up.
Old 24-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Master
Selenite will melt in water and there's a few others.

I cleansed a man's Labordorite bracelet yesterday while it was on his arm, I used Kyanite and made two passes over it, saying "removing all negative, chaotic and stagnant energy, removing all psychic imprints that aren't yours" and then followed it up with two passes of Selenite over the stones in the bracelet channeling Divine Energy into the Selenite to give the bracelet stones.
They literally sparkled after the cleansing and recharging - we both noticed it.

As a Crystologist we have to cleanse many quartz crystals that are coming out of large arrays a fast effective way to do this is imagine a recycling trash can in front of you with White Light coming out (it converts all low frequency energy into high frequency energy)
Be in a meditive state with no interruptions:
Hold the stones over it and say something like "Drop all unwanted energy not in your highest good into the recycler, drop all psychic imprints into the recycler". See energy falling out of the crystals into the recycle bin - when it stops the crystals are clean and move on to the next one's needing cleaned.

Also for cleansing quartz crystals when they come to me new - I hold them under warm/room temperature running water (crystals don't like temperature changes much) as I hold them under the running water I say something like "Drop all trauma from mining, shipping, handling and all psychic imprints from others into the water and let it go down the drain and away" Each crystal is held under the water and this repeated over over for 6-10 seconds.
Then I charge them for a day in the sun.
It's amazing how their energy is afterwards!