Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 22-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Capoeirista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Search
Capoeirista,
I found the follow forum and extremely insightful into the various mental states to watch you refer! I spent over 12 months there and have to say it was the most welcoming forum I have even experienced in my many years on the internet!

I think you have a great question and whilst I am sure many in here can answer for you ... I KNOW you'll get a lot of interest and some excellent pointers at that last link I just passed on.

They'll get you close to that point of feeling right, although when dealing with such topics, I think many of us struggle to quite really know.

Thanks a bunch. I am going there to try my post as well!
Old 22-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Capoeirista

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
When one fully believes he has one identity and different moods that express the way you feel all with one identity, the multiple personality thing goes away. Reality is you have only one identity in you. The belief that it is multiple IDs that share the same body, it will just persist and get worse. I'd say get on sequel XR or Geodon to help. Don't ever believe you have multiple ID's. It's all you and the rest is in your head. Peace.

I kind of see what you are saying....

but I am not saying that I have multiple ID's in the sense most of us are used to hearing/reading about. I am only theorizing at the possibility for a new type of multiple type disorder to manifest =
If you didn't pick that up from my initial post then perhaps I am in need of a better way of explaining my theory...

Thanks for your time!
Old 22-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Capoeirista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Its my understanding about MPD is that it's a disorder, the patient whatever you want to call it is unaware or may have a vague notion that something is wrong.

I believe denial is the main cause of many who don't except that they have a problem.
I believe both scenarios are possible = it is possible for someone with ALMOST any disorder to either be aware of it/the presence of a problem or to be oblivious to it...
The disorder can be there whether they realize it or not....

thanks for your time!
Old 23-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capoeirista
*First - MODS - if this is out of the scope of this subforum please help me move it or if this is out of the realm of any part of this entire forum, delete it if need be... Thank you.*

I have only done a little reading about these two so called disorders and was wondering if any out there had come accross any particular combination disorder of both or of something totally different that looks similar to either both or either of these?

(only my theory>)First let me say I kind feel that what is being called multiple personality should be called multiple identity - as I think having multiple personalities does not nessesarily mean you have multiple people(identities) sharing one body... To me multiple personlity would be a problem where a person has multiple "attitudes" that take over depending on certain stimuli... and to a lesser degree it's kind of like many people who act one way at work and another at home etc. but in more drastic problematic disorders this switching would be a little more and more uncontrollable and at least much more interferring with one's life and daily activities and pursuits...

So with that little bit I guess what I am asking is if anyone has heard of a disorder that seems kind of like "multiple personality" but where all the "people" within the one body share the same 'identity'?

Has anyone got any opinions on the idea of a "fractured" personality? One in which a person is still individual but has "almost" split into multiple identities...

Also, is there a type of multiple personality where a person is 90%-100% in control of all physicality and consciousness - but the other personalities/identities reside in the subconcious and may be overwhelming the individual from within there? either emotionally or what have you...

Finally, (this might need to be asked in another subforum but here goes since it's related to the rest of my post) Is what I'm talking about related to a type of demonic possession? Can that occur in multiple levels or with multiple possessors? whether demonic or simply spiritual? Can this possession take place in the subconscious?

I ask these because I have some peculiar symptoms that I and others have had much trouble identifying by typical causes... They/we get close sometimes but it just never feels like the right answers.

This is kind of how I see myself. Good side, bad side, and the bored side. Only if im bored do I realy use the good and bad sides on my own valition, and then only to beat the boredom im experiencing. Mostly I react to acts depending on the distance from my comfort zone, ofcourse I could change directions of topic but I like things to play all the way out. It helps to have the complete thought of a event (helps me remember it), as well as supporting freewill.

Each side you see of me are very different in response. If things get bad I also have a HUGE tolerance for what ill put up with, and/or avoid the issue all together if I can. I have found the way to my good side of mind, and the other sides help to maintain that. Bad only to keep the peace because the good side wasnt cutting it, which can sometimes be boring/annoying HAHA

Last edited by Sammy : 23-08-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 26-08-2011, 08:34 AM
starfish

There are very interesting diagnoses by edgar cayce who provides another point of view on some mental cases..

At a lecture in NY Edgar Cayce told about a man who had been changed in personality and had been incarcerated. Cayce gave a reading which said that the man had slipped on ice and hurt his spine. Osteopathic adjustments were prescribed. The man retuned to normal behaviour. The man was in the audience unknown to cayce. He walked up to the platform and said that it was true and he would still be in the mental institution if it weren't for the reading.
A woman who had came in to the lecture only to escape the rain, after the evening she approached cayce and asked for him to give a reading on her friend who had suddenly went 'mad',. Cayce gave a reading next day saying the woman had went to deliver a picture to someone, who had then assaulted her, she had fallen and damaged her back. Again osteopathy was prescribe and she returned to her normal self soon after.

I recall one of the cases where a woman had been shunted off to an asylum . the woman had a friend who asked Cayce for a reading . In trance CAyce said the cause of her sudden 'madness' was an impacted wisdom tooth. She was x-rayed and the tooth removed, she then returned to normal.

Its hard to imagine any of us being our normal selves in the light of this, - a lot of mental problems may be caused by spinal problems., by bumps and bruises and pressures anywhere on the body , after all how many people have back problems….
Old 29-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Mazy Lane

re:

Hey Capoeirista,
I think I know what your talking about. I think that most everyone does this. Not everyone is the same and different people bring out different sides of us, which is a good thing. It would be pretty boring without a personality that is multifaceted. I think as long as your not losing time you should be fine, but if you are stressing over it, talk to a proffesional.

About the fractured personality, I think I have that. It was explained to me with about five different colored paper clips. All the clips are parts of your self and they all have different qualities or jobs that they do to support the ego. When one clip suffers and doesn't get the nourishment it needs to grow another excisting clip will come and take over, and then what usually happens is the clip that is the most developed will become the dominant clip or part of the personality.
Old 29-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Sangress

So with that little bit I guess what I am asking is if anyone has heard of a disorder that seems kind of like "multiple personality" but where all the "people" within the one body share the same 'identity'?

Yes. It's called DDNOS. (Dissociative disorder not otherwise specified) which is basically something similar to multiple personalities, but it doesn't quite fit all the catagories of that disorder or another. It could also be mixed in with various other "disorders" (schitzophrenia, bi polar, boarderline personality...all that ****.)

I'll also point out that anyone with a dissociative disorder will have undergone severe and ongoing trauma at some point in their life. Specifically with DiD (multiple personalities) the trauma must be done before age 8 in order for the "split" to happen.

Has anyone got any opinions on the idea of a "fractured" personality? One in which a person is still individual but has "almost" split into multiple identities...

Refer to my previous answer.

Also, is there a type of multiple personality where a person is 90%-100% in control of all physicality and consciousness - but the other personalities/identities reside in the subconcious and may be overwhelming the individual from within there? either emotionally or what have you...

That could be a couple of things. Either a person has alter parts ("personalities") who are repressed and rarely "switch" completely into awareness, but rather affect the "host alter's" (the main personality's) mood and awareness.

Another version could be that someone has "integrated' their alter parts into themselves (aka- blended themselves and "become one" with their other "personalities") but occasionally some of the alters "separate" from the rest and act out on their own.

Finally, (this might need to be asked in another subforum but here goes since it's related to the rest of my post) Is what I'm talking about related to a type of demonic possession? Can that occur in multiple levels or with multiple possessors? whether demonic or simply spiritual? Can this possession take place in the subconscious?

It could be related, but unless your consciously aware that something feels horribly, unnaturally and deeply "wrong" with you and you constantly feel as though you are threatened, then possession would be unlikely.

I ask these because I have some peculiar symptoms that I and others have had much trouble identifying by typical causes... They/we get close sometimes but it just never feels like the right answers.

I've answered with the surity I have because I myself am Multiple.

I'd advise you to take my responses with a grain of salt and do a bit of research about DDNOS. I'm no proffesional or expert, but I do know a lot from personal experience.

I also practice possession myself (as in I possess other people and vice versa,) so if you want to know about the technicalities of that then feel free to pm me.

Hope that helps you a little.
Old 30-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Capoeirista

Sammy, starfish, Mazy Lane Thanks for your responses! Sorry for the late thanks LOL.
Old 30-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Capoeirista

Sangress,

About the repressed personalities = how would one go about discovering that or dealing with that? In your opinion of course... That is what mostly resembles how I feel.
Old 30-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Sangress

Quote:
About the repressed personalities = how would one go about discovering that or dealing with that?

Usually it takes a lot of work and time to build up trust and get to a point where a person feels safe enough to "open up."

Generally just paying attention to unusual wants or moods and keeping tabs on sudden thoughts, basically build up awareness so you can pick where it all originates from...is a good way to start. Then after that you can focus on reacting to it in a practical and helpfull manner.

Everyone is different, so its good to check around for things coping skills...etc that might help the situation. What works for one person might not work for another.

If there are repressed memories or parts of you that have been locked away behind amnesiac barriers, then those defences are there for a reason so it's important to be and feel safe before delving into it all.

Just making sure again, I'm not diagnosing, just talking from personal experience.