Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-01-2024, 09:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit

A new spirituality is developing people are looking elsewhere the younger Generation will gather and pray together outside not within the confines of the church.

Pray outside I get. Pray outside together... does that happen? As in not within some religious faction? I live in a small country so maybe that is why I have not heard of such events.
Old 04-01-2024, 10:08 PM
Master
Our church is rebuilding the congregation in December, new people come - the energy in there when Elders get it right is amazing - January now is key, and I will be sharing results here...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 04-01-2024, 10:40 PM
Master

An idea arrived. Well it isn't really mine. The nearest cathedral is a tourist magnet and they have tours, souvenir kiosks, the works. Why not have the occasional Open Day also at the small churches? Obviously it won't be much of a tour but there could be a guide present with a small presentation, maybe a little organ or choir music and a coffee and cookies sale? It would give people who are mildly curious but who wouldn't attend a sermon, a chance to look inside. And thereby lower the bar a little for them showing up at an actual sermon next time, or at least mention it to their friends.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:46 AM
Master
Yes they can do that, and have little family events going on weekly / monthly as many do.... But you have to get those services good - make it so word gets around 'its good in there' - make it so good that people think they're missing something - 'then' they will come.

I'm going to share 'part' of an email I sent to beautiful Elders pre Christmas with my website link which you'll find on the Metatron thread, later pages - one of many emails I sent to inspire them/us on our church thriving journey of now 2024.

But here where are the little jokes to make people simile in church - someone must have 5 to put here, we need the content for Ministers who look on think oh go on then I'll try...

All the religions saying this and that 'differently' - you'd think in 2024 this modern day we could get our head's around these differences written so long ago - modern day people can see these differences online, no wonder they're confused and stay away - Medium's and Psychic's as many here are, know what's correct - but church people say we're right other religions are wrong re Higher Self / reoccurring lifetimes etc etc - very confusing for the people we're trying to interest.

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...

Last edited by one-light : 05-01-2024 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:52 AM
Master
Hi everyone, that service today was really, really nice - the best pre Christmas service I've witnessed in all my years there, and we were busy, many in... I thanked several Elders / friends today when I was there, as I had no intention of emailing today.

The smiles, laughter, you're creating now, a happy place - and the teaching of course, if we keep getting this right 'people will come' sometimes it's an hour as today, but the time flies when we're having fun.

You can feel the energy in there, a buzz about the place, believing in success and filling the church again one day soon as God / Jesus / the Holy Spirit / and the Angels assigned to our church look on - recently sometimes outside our church, I look up and say Angels 'WE HAVE HOPE' yes we have, light appearing ahead after many dark years recently.

Old 05-01-2024, 10:29 AM
Master

White warrior. I am surprised that Australia is thought of as conservative because we are more of a “rough and tumble” kinda people and rather irreverent, but also kind and generous LOL

In the fifty years Ive been here I’ve only known three people that attended church regularly.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:23 AM
Master

It's a sad fact that many small village churches have been made into homes.
And it's also a sad fact that each new generation and the church attendances decrease .
30 something's now very , if ever , attend church.
And in that same age group they tend NOT to get children children christened.
And where weddings are concerned a lot of couples hold their weddings at a destination like a stately home venue where they have the ceremony and reception in the one place.
And I know this for fact as one of my daughter in laws is a wedding planner.

But having said all of that , we do not need to go to church to pray. We can pray anywhere, we will always be heard ...
Old 05-01-2024, 12:22 PM
Master
Thanks for joining us here AngelBlue - I agree prayer can be said anywhere, and will be heard by God and Angel's... A big part of my 6 years mind'body'spirit research recently was on 'energy vibrations' vibes - and our church when we get this right, creates amazing energy that's transferred to the the people that want to go of course 'free will' choice as it should be.

But that energy boost is amazing - stays with you for days... So I'm saying here, the churches that want to change ways slightly, and create this energy 'for free' on a Sunday, can do, and in my opinion will get busy... Make them the place to be, it's key services are entertaining / teaching - but enjoyable, and not too long is important - leave those people as they go back into our fast world, then 'wanting more' - and then they return, tell others 'its good in there' then churches will survive for future generations that want to go.

Old 05-01-2024, 12:49 PM
Master

You wanted jokes one-light. Here are some for you. They are entirely original and cooked up here and now, and dry as bones.

What do you call a priest without a church? Homeless.

What do you call a church without a congregation? Lonely.

What do you call a priest-man without a car? A walkman.

What do you call a female priest? A rare gem.

What do you call a church without a roof? Solar powered.

Why does priests wear purple? Because polka dots didn't quite work out.

What do you call a congregation without a priest? All mouths no ears.

What do you call a priest without a pen? Wordless.

Why does churches have a bronze bell? Because the cotton bells didn't work out.

Why does church yards have no electrical lighting? Because ghosts can see in the dark and noone else goes there at night.

Why are church towers so tall? Because if they were buried in the ground the sound wouldn't carry so well.

Why are church benches so hard and uncomfortable? Because if people could fall asleep during sermons, they would.

Yeah, I know, I know, don't quit the day job... :)
Old 05-01-2024, 01:18 PM
Master
Love those little jokes my friend, I like the walkman one - and falling asleep lol... And Ministers 'can choose' if or not to use one - can you imagine in the quiet of church after some preaching, and one of those was dropped in with a serious face 'don't laugh anyone' - we've all been told that don't laugh now on our life journey, you just laugh more don't you.... They're nice and easy to say those, because Ministers aren't comedians, they didn't get trained in that department.

So more as and when anyone, amongst the serious conversation 'of church survival here' - and some funny short stories, like - I was reading the other day -----------